Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
I worked there for 22 years (made redundant in 2000) and it certainly wasn’t the way you chose to describe it. I still have friends who work there and whilst it isn’t perfect (which employer is?) I don’t think they would recognise your description of it.
---

In that case why not just let her finish her stint and say goodbye to her listeners rather than just suddenly make her disappear?

Don't listen to LBC much do you ?

• Haha
Reactions: 10

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
LBC exists for one reason and one reason alone: To make a profit for its owners and shareholders. It doesn't owe Joe Public anything and if anyone has a problem with that they can listen to Novara Media with the lovely Ash Sarkar. Now, I'm not sure how many of you keep abreast of the happenings at Novara, but the situation in Gaza has really sent them all into a bit of a tizzy, with people flouncing-off left-right-and-centre (no pun intended). :ROFLMAO:

ps. Regarding what I said about LBC not having to answer to anyone, I could be wrong about that insofar as I don't know if they are, by law, supposed to offer a 'balanced' output in terms of politcal chit-chat.

God help me but someone on the dark side (and what a nasty bastard George_S is on there) linked to a Novara interview about Myska and what a terrible decision it was to cancel a brilliant presenter for telling some 'truths' about Israel, the only problem was that Sarkar was pronouncing her surname as Misska, she'd clearly never heard a word of her output

And by the by, anyone who uses the term 'Likud Broadcasting Corporation' or 'Zionist shill' or links to a tweet saying Feltz has the blood of 5,000 Palestinians on their hands are anti semitic filth.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Fuck off James OB mansplaining to that women why she shouldn't feel uncomfortable in a changing room with a man. Seriously - fuck off and then fuck off some more. He doesn't have a clue - we shouldn't have to justify feeling unsafe, we've all been leered at, touched up, spoken to inappropriatley - he hasn't. He doesn't understand why we need safe spaces. He'll be telling us we're trans-phobic for not wanting a man to carry out a smear test next.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Totally agree. For the past year or so, I've barely bothered with consuming any sort of news - COVID has probably changed that, but more broadly I just want a break from it all. 2 years of continual COVID stories (which got really draining), straight into Afghanistan and then Ukraine, then the Queen's Death and all of the changes of leaders. I'd long thrown in the towel by the time Gaza came around.

LBC's problem was that it was just too full-on. The direction it had taken in the Myska era was not for me. Steve Allen's departure was probably the end of me as a regular listener. Hopefully they can find a better balance in future.
I don't think Ian Payne gets enough recognition for taking over SA's slot. It was not going to be easy but most of the regulars seem to have taken Ian to their hearts. Worrying about his Mum, sending him sweets etc etc. I think he got the balance absolutely right tbh. He does some daft stuff for the first hour then gradually leads into NF.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

i10gal

I just cannot get my head around the sheeple on X having such tantrums and such an outcry about Sangita. I have never listened to her so have no opinion on her. Where was the same outcry when Steve Allen was quickly ousted especially him having worked for Global for decades? He had a huge fan base. I don't remember all the hash tags Boycott LBC.

Probably the same reason I cannot get my head around why what is going on in Israel and Palestine had such a bearing on local elections 🤔 The world is certainly a very very strange angry place just now 😥

Reactions: 7

meredgrave

The amount of lefties on Twitter saying how Sangita being replaced by Feltz isn't 'free and fair' journalism... err, LBC is a private company, darlings. It can do what it likes...

• Haha
  • Sick

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I think Vanessa will attract a new audience and boost listening figures. At least she's upbeat which makes a welcome change from the usual dour broadcasters. I fear we are in for more Odious Oli Deadly Dugmore though..At least Purkiss appears to have perished.
I genuinely think there is a turn in that people are sick of wall to wall misery and need something healthier for their mental health. We have had some serious, affecting news the last 8 years. Brexit and Covid have literally sapped the life out of most people. Brexit/Covid/Ukraine/Gaza. I know I have listened to more music stations the last couple of years than I have LBC . I prefer to listen to Ian Payne talking about meeting celebrities in random places. I prefer Nick Abbot taking the piss out of our current Prime Minister and discussing Pink Floyd. I prefer Mystery Hour. I would rather Nick F talk about Hammersmith Bridge etc etc

My brain can't tolerate it anymore and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Last edited:
  • Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
#BoycottLBC
😂
My new sport over the last couple of days has been looking at the comments under every LBC tweet. They are being spammed constantly about Sangita. People are absurd though. I saw one that was 'were is Sangita? I am seriously concerned for her safety' I'm going to get the police involved.' She's not locked away in some Iranian or North Korean prison, she's at home watching 'This Morning' you dickheads. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Probably the same reason I cannot get my head around why what is going on in Israel and Palestine had such a bearing on local elections 🤔 The world is certainly a very very strange angry place just now 😥
I'm not sure how that works either. Bin collections, pot holes, local youth and charity initiatives, anti social behaviour, tip opening hours, Gaza ....

I see there is newly elected Green Party councillor shouting 'Allahu Akbar' in his speech and that his win being 'a victory for the people in Gaza'. Pretty sure that's not what the Green Party are about.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Jobby getting hell on my X/Twitter timeline. So he didn't rush to Myska's defense. Why should he? Their shifts don't overlap; he might not even know her. It's almost certain that an NDA is included in presenters' contracts, banning them from disclosing internal politics, during and for a specified time after they leave. I almost feel sorry for him - almost but not quite.
James is discovering what those people who he normally aligns himself with are really like. Idiot's Corner is going to be packed.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
And, please God, not Steph McGovern. 😦
Facile doesn't even begin to describe that woman. Steph's Woke Lunch got a approximately 0 viewers. Her wife happened to be the producer. Funny that innit ... how people like 'Steph' get work, it sure ain't down to talent.

Reactions: 6

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Don't worry Global Media are based in the channel islands ... I'm sure good old 'man of the people' O'Brien (and his left-wing mates) will approve of such tax 'benefits' afforded to companies based there. The hypocricy is truly off the scale. But hey-ho, off to Borough Market for a 10 pound pint of vegan craft ale and some over-priced tapas we go! Tally HO!

Global Media & Entertainment Ltd | TISE
View attachment 2816594
The International Stock Exchange
https://tisegroup.com › market › companies
London. The International Stock Exchange Group Limited, PO Box 623, Helvetia Court, Block B, 3rd Floor, Les Echelons, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 1AR.

Don't forget that James funnels his earnings into Scrambler Media Ltd that he owns 50/50 with his wife. A perfectly legal tax avoidance vehicle allowing them the chance to take advantage of all lower rates of tax for her that he would otherwise have paid top rate on

Man of the people

• Wow

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Jobby getting hell on my X/Twitter timeline. So he didn't rush to Myska's defense. Why should he? Their shifts don't overlap; he might not even know her. It's almost certain that an NDA is included in presenters' contracts, banning them from disclosing internal politics, during and for a specified time after they leave. I almost feel sorry for him - almost but not quite.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
They're all VERY angry over on the dark side this morning, spouting even more bile and venom towards the government than usual. This, on the same morning that the Government wants to crack down on spongers, layabouts and the bone idle who are perfectly capable of working but who choose to sit on their arses and scrounge off the government is of course a pure coincidence

• Haha

dcs34

So basically, her contract wasn't renewed because she got poor listening figures. Rather than admit that (or put out any sort of statement about her departure) she has allowed the vacuum of her silence to become filled by an anti-Semitic Twitter mob, piling on abuse towards her former colleagues over conspiracy theories that she is a "journalist" who has been "silenced" for getting too close to telling "the uncomfortable truths"...?

• Heart

Redvers36

VIP Member
Agree 100% on Payne. I didn't listen for a few months (childish boycott's 'r us !), but tuned back in and now enjoy the bits I hear, usually the first hour. Was half asleep but I think he mentioned yesterday that the last quarter's listening figures were in and his audience had held up. I know the stations get them before the official RAJAR release, so maybe LBC knew more about Myska's figures than the anti semites signing petitions and tagging in 'Likud Broadcasting Corporation' through their timeline
Hi Neroli

I am afraid you got your boycott all wrong according to the Twitter (x) crew. The correct procedure is as follows.

1. Do not listen to LBC.
2.. Announce on Twitter that you shall not be listening to LBC.
3. LBC collapse under the weight of unchanged audience figures.

I hope that is now clear....

• Haha