Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
They must be severely lacking in positive role models in their lives if they think CV is someone to look up to.
She's a desperate serial attention-seeker who never got over the fact her Dad left home when she was 9. I don't see why we as a nation have to pay for whatever neuroses she has. Why doesn't she just find a good therapist, go live a happy healthy life and LEAVE US ALL ALONE.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

Yel

Chatty Member
Never liked it, or Reddit, or Facebook.
I think it is the style/format too that I never enjoyed, that and the information harvesting too.
I like Twitter. The knack is in choosing who to follow - I like it for news and laughs - and not to take the extreme stuff seriously.
I think the big problem with all these big tech sites is they use algorithms to feed you stuff purely with the aim to make you stay on their platform for as long as possible.

The end user has very limited control - even if you don't follow someone or a topic they all will serve you up that content if they think it'll keep you there. Very worrying the power a handful of companies have.

There are so many desperate to believe conspiracy theories that fit their agenda. It's turning people very hardlined in everything. Like the amount that claim to care deeply about a radio talk show host, even though 99% have probably never tuned into their show. Big tech don't care that it's making people so extreme, that was not the aim and merely a side effect of trying to get them to stay on their platforms for as long as possible.

walterisback

Chatty Member
The thing that really irks me about Jimbo is that he makes out he is at one with the working class and understands their issues due to his endless supply of empathy and emotional intelligence. However, this only extends so far and as long as he can still point out that he is intellectually superior to them and also that every caller who wants his understanding grovels and acknowledges his status, thereby fuelling his narcissistic needs for praise and adulation.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
To be fair, it was a boarding school, and, if subsequent revelations are true, not a nice place to be for a young boy. But he should have dealt with it and moved on by now.
I was being a bit flippant there. His school does sound awful. Like a convent school on steroids. Still, he's earned a good living from it.

Ian Payne annoyed me the other day. Very dismissive about the fact someone had tried to get into Kate's medical records and then basically saying she's had a hysterectomy so what's the big deal? His Dad did them all day every day. :rolleyes: His callers seemed to agree with me.

a) No one has a right to access private medical notes without permission
b) We don't know if she's had a hysterectomy
c) She doesn't have to talk about it she doesn't want to ( it could be something very personal or embarrassing)
d) Just because Ian is an oversharer doesn't mean we all are.
e) Just because we 'pay' for the Royals does not give us a right to know every single personal detail about them.

• Heart

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Uh oh, LBC announce Vanessa Feltz for 3 to 6pm saturday

This is going to be EPIC

#replacedbyVanessaFeltzhaha

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I think Tom Swarbrick is doing a good job with the breakfast show. He jogs along at a good pace, covers a range of topics and doesn't burden us with his views on everything.

• Heart

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I didn’t realise it was from 2017 before I went on my epic rant 🤣 I don’t listen to him any more - such a sanctimonious prick.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
The thing that really irks me about Jimbo is that he makes out he is at one with the working class and understands their issues due to his endless supply of empathy and emotional intelligence. However, this only extends so far and as long as he can still point out that he is intellectually superior to them and also that every caller who wants his understanding grovels and acknowledges his status, thereby fuelling his narcissistic needs for praise and adulation.

Great post. Call again. I agree with everything you say. I must say however that James has just about enough self-awareness to know how intellectually moribund he is. He has the horrible mix of being incredibly arrogrant whilst knowing he is essentially a worthless human-being. Couple that with incredible insecurity you have a grade-a needy cunt. He actually leans-in to his priviledge but pulls-back and tries to be 'working class' when it suits. "I once did a week's work experience in a cafe". Fuck off you useless twat.

I keep saying it but all James is, all these presenters are, they are just filler between the adverts. Sales-people. Commercial radio exists, just like newspapers, for one thing and one thing alone: to make profit for their shareholders and owners. That's it. That's all it is. If it happens to be entertaining well that's a nice little bonus. I swear to god if James was replaced they would get more listeners, I mean I don't listen anymore, but whoever counts the beans at Global are happy to stick when they should really twist.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I think that is very poor of Sadiq. He seems to prefer appearing with his "client journalist" James where he is assured of a cosy chat and an easy ride. Nick Ferrari gives robust and challenging interviews but is fair and balanced on the whole. Other leaders of all political shades appear on his show, it doesn't reflect well on the Mayor of London that he is not prepared to do so.
But James isn't a client journalist .... he doesn't like client journalists ;)

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Funny how people juggle facts to suit their narrative. I keep reading that Myska has been replaced by Felz. Here's what's actually happening.
Myska did Saturday and Sunday 1-4pm. Those afternoons are now on the schedule as:
Saturday and Sunday Ali Miraj 12-3pm Followed by Saturday 3-6pm Felz and Sunday 3-6pm Vorderman.
Do the sums!

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
He's learning first hand what happens when you fall foul of the Twitter mob.
They get very precious on the dark side if you refer to a twitter Palestinian mob. It's disrespectful apparently. They all rush to condemn this whilst scrolling past posts containing 'sister oaf' 'fat bloater' 'tommy hymnbooks' 'genocide karen' and many other such seemingly not disrespectful messages

Theodore

VIP Member
lol “end of her contract” that’s clearly to shut the protesters up. She’s been binned.

walterisback

Chatty Member
Nick? Or James? I don't listen to either any more. In fact, I probably listen to about 15 minutes of LBC per week. I get more enjoyment and entertainment through osmosis via this thread! :ROFLMAO: I guess I'am a bit of a sociopath insofar as when something starts to become popular I tend to lose interest ... if what you're saying is right and LBC listeners are rising it kind of makes sense that I am listening less!

Do you think that listening figures could be affected by a larger presence on Social Media? I keep seeing LBC pop-up on my Youtube more and more. Are they getting more listeners from outside the UK? I mean, there's a lot of wriggle-room when it comes to presenting statistics. I'm rambling ...
I agree, I used to listen to JOB for entertainment value due to the size and delicacy of his ego and how he could twist the news to make it suit his agenda at the same time as ignoring the news that didn’t suit him. However there’s something about his tone and strident voice which just makes me turn off as soon as I hear him now.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Those who followed Jimbo's virtue signalling here are unlikely to be part of the claimed 1.4 million anymore after this scandal unfolded. Especially Hacked Off Hugh who has blown £75k

I'm quite upset with this development tbh. I did think he was a good guy. All this good will shown by people and yet again, it's been abused. It was the same with Capt Tom's daughter.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I think the big problem with all these big tech sites is they use algorithms to feed you stuff purely with the aim to make you stay on their platform for as long as possible.

The end user has very limited control - even if you don't follow someone or a topic they all will serve you up that content if they think it'll keep you there. Very worrying the power a handful of companies have.

There are so many desperate to believe conspiracy theories that fit their agenda. It's turning people very hardlined in everything. Like the amount that claim to care deeply about a radio talk show host, even though 99% have probably never tuned into their show. They don't care that it's making people so extreme, that was not the aim and merely a side effect of trying to get them to stay on their platforms for as long as possible.
I have always preferred the forum style, I know forums are certainly a part of Social Media but I think the poster can get to know other poster's better, it's more interactive.
Social Media has been the biggest blight on humanity (and yet here I am posting on a form of Social Media) 😬

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
I don't think Ian Payne gets enough recognition for taking over SA's slot. It was not going to be easy but most of the regulars seem to have taken Ian to their hearts. Worrying about his Mum, sending him sweets etc etc. I think he got the balance absolutely right tbh. He does some daft stuff for the first hour then gradually leads into NF.
Agree 100% on Payne. I didn't listen for a few months (childish boycott's 'r us !), but tuned back in and now enjoy the bits I hear, usually the first hour. Was half asleep but I think he mentioned yesterday that the last quarter's listening figures were in and his audience had held up. I know the stations get them before the official RAJAR release, so maybe LBC knew more about Myska's figures than the anti semites signing petitions and tagging in 'Likud Broadcasting Corporation' through their timeline