LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s the betting Lucy Letby will be looking over her shoulder for years to come

Reactions: 3
I forgot to mention on Friday for lunch at Joes with some very close friends we bumped into Sue Pollard and Peter Straker, boy did we put some booze away, a real fun afternoon.

Now that Steve is no longer working I wonder if he picked up the bill at Joe Allen, post Covid their prices have almost doubled !!
I actually thought Peter Straker had died, I went to the same school as him (not at the same time) so I thought I particularly remembered seeing his death notice. Pleased he’s still alive.

Reactions: 1
They say men shouldn’t wear jeans over the age of 45!! That’s me screwed

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Steve only watches old repeats. It was probably on Sky Arts, which he likes.
---

I'm surprised Mayor Khan didn't elbow his way in. He does love a freebie and a photo opportunity. Perhaps the team wasn't 'representative' enough for him. :rolleyes:
Let me give Sky Arts a plug as it has a range of concerts on it for a wide range of tastes. I enjoyed the Frampton Comes Alive one which was on a couple of weeks ago where he played the songs from what turned out to be the best selling live album.🎸🎸🎸🎸

I felt a bit cheated when the ladies arrived back at Heathrow, thinking they would greet the fans who had waited to welcome them home.but no. They slipped out of a side entrance!!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
I was going to buy a doughnut at Waterloo station, got as far as it put in the bag, then the clincher, we don’t take cash!! Exit me, no doughnut

• Haha
I've been catching up on the weekend's Nicky Abbot show. I could not have agreed with him more about the women's football. He's not a fan.

I've been catching up on the weekend's Nicky Abbot show. I could not have agreed with him more about the women's football. He's not a fan.
Me neither. Am glad it's all over. They could have at least acknowledged the fans rather than scuttle away.

Reactions: 2
Me neither. Am glad it's all over. They could have at least acknowledged the fans rather than scuttle away.
I'm not sure what happened there. The FA say it was always going to be case they left via a private exit but they had told the airport to let the fans know. 🤷‍♀️

LBC is so boring these days. I listened to about 10 minutes of JOB then gave up.

I think Ian P. must have inherited Steve's young production team. He refers to them as the Boy Band. :LOL:

• Haha
I think Ian P. must have inherited Steve's young production team. He refers to them as the Boy Band. :LOL:
That always makes me laugh, Maggie! I like Ian in the mornings. Steve fans, please don't hate me, I loved Steve too! But I think Ian is doing a fine job and the first two hours tend to be lighter subjects, the final hour being a more newsy run in to the main breakfast show. Taking over from a revered legend like Steve Allen must have been tough for him, they were also colleagues.

That always makes me laugh, Maggie! I like Ian in the mornings. Steve fans, please don't hate me, I loved Steve too! But I think Ian is doing a fine job and the first two hours tend to be lighter subjects, the final hour being a more newsy run in to the main breakfast show. Taking over from a revered legend like Steve Allen must have been tough for him, they were also colleagues.
He's sitting in for Nick F. on Monday. I wonder if it will be just as light or if he'll stick to headline news.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.