Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redvers36

VIP Member
Andrew Castle is receiving a lot of praise this morning.

Colin from Windsor will be excited as he never misses a minute of his favourite weekend presenter.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Redvers36

VIP Member
I've given Jobbie half an hour to demonstrate some rational thoughts on immigration but he is incapable of it. His attitude is the same as it is towards all controversial topics - you're either for it or against it. Which means that if you are unhappy with the government's failure to deal with boatloads of illegal migrants, then you must also hate Polish builders, Nigerian nurses, Asian doctors and all the other perfectly legitimate incomers who help keep the country ticking over. And he either can't or won't recognise that racism goes in all directions. My Polish neighbour quite cheerfully admits to disliking 'Blacks and Asians'.
All James wants to do is call people names. Also the Farage award has no doubt upset him.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
She's one of those incredibly stupid people who will seize on any excuse to have a pop at 'posh' people. Her contribution to the crumbling schools debate on Twitter: 'I'm going to take a stab and guess that Eton is safe...' And one of the many similar replies: 'Probably because it was built almost 600 yrs ago.' :LOL:
https://twitter.com/MarinaPurkiss
Such a lazy stupid argument. You can't conflate the two. I'll bet her house isn't a dangerous, damp, crumbling mess either unlike some social housing. :rolleyes:

Redvers36

VIP Member
Ticklish topic for Tom to tackle. Farage v. Coutts Bank. They dumped him because they disapproved of what they decided were his extreme views. Wasn't that why LBC booted him? :unsure:
The issue is made even more difficult by the way that Jon Sopel has made quite a fool of himself on this issue.

Last edited:

karma4klattie

VIP Member
I've had enough of not having Steve Allen. Why can't he go to another radio station, any radio station would do, any at all, and I'll follow him anywhere, anytime. The man's a genius at what he does and LBC should be busily brokering a deal with him to get him back on air before it's too late.

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Better than the bitter Sanghita Myska maybe? I hate her sweet simpering voice spewing bile and hatred and the way she speaks.... so.....slowly....
You'd love Marina Purkiss then! 🤣 She's in 4-7pm tomorrow. :sick: LBC must hate us early-waking weekenders, inflicting her and Oli Dugmore on us. :cry:

• Sad

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
44 years and your yesterday's radio equivalent of fish and chips paper. There's nothing about this station's output that appeals now. Tuned in and out today, somebody calling Ben Kentish 'Ken' was the highlight. Myska is a terminally tedious, humourless, whiny drone and Natasha Devon is just an awful apology of a human being

Listening figures falling fast and management being shaken up, you're welcome to it with Colin and his circle jerk of morons.

FunkyPhil

Colin Brazier is very boring. Boring voice and boring topics. Last night it was backache and pot holes.
I do love a good backache 'phone-in :ROFLMAO:. Jo Good did an hour on BBC Radio London about varicose veins, the stuff of rivetting radio!
---
Blimey! Look at the last comment. That won't go down well with some folk at LBC.

Iain Dale
@IainDal
e
3h
Isn’t it interesting that if someone had their bank accounts closed by their bank WITH NO REASON GIVEN, like me, you’d find it outrageous. But now it’s happened to @Nigel_Farage the liberal lovers of civil liberties become authoritarian fascists. It could happen to you.
This is outrageous in a free society. And while I'm about it, many congratulations to @nigel_farage on his award. Totally deserved.
Very daring of Dale, but all respect to him for speaking out loud, even when his bosses and large swathes of the public at large would strongly disagree with him.

I've not heard a lot of LBC since the Farage bank account story broke, have they covered it? It would be hard for them given that they had sacked him and that he now works for a rival channel.

Re the gong, I find Farage an excellent presenter willing to debate with those who disagree with him and still be friends at the end. His "Talking Pints" feature is always excellent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

neroli

VIP Member
He is unable to "let it go"..He really can't deal with criticism. All that anger must keep his therapist in top of the range ULEZ-compliant limousines.

Good job he loves Sadiq Khan..Heaven help him if the trusted Mayor is disloyal.

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I used to love Robbie Vincent on a Sunday evening. It all seems so long ago. I gave up on LBC when it became Global & heavily news based and repetitive. Prior to that I loved tuning in, Steve, not Nick, even Job. He was so much lighter then, not so fixated on being right. Then there was Clive, Christo, Anthony Davis & Nick Magerrison 🤣. I miss that LBC.
I don't think he was ever on LBC but John Gaunt was quite obnoxious and aggressive.

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I'm actually going to listen to Lammy and offer and objective opinion. No more taking the mickey, or making sweeping statements. I'm going to give David a chance. Come on Mr. Lammy impress me with your broadcasting skills.
---
First thing that struck me was David's rather ebullient delivery regarding raging fires in Corfew (his pronounciation) and miscarriages. Not really subjects to sound jolly and cheerful about. Very strange. But we press on ... The News ... and we're back. Oh god ... it's full Lammy: Too loud, too staccato, a sermon from the reverend ... Equating british holiday-makers coming back on flights from Greece to refugees fleeing the Horn of Africa to europe. Geezus. I can't go on. Good luck. I tried.

Last edited:
  • Haha

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
I've quite enjoyed having Tom do the breakfast show this week. Ian P. doing it on Monday. 😊 Jobby clone Oli Something? doing 4-7am over the weekend. 🤮🤮🤮
---

You're lucky to have survived long enough to have had the choice. I think most of us here got the Order of the Boot! :LOL:
One of the harpies actually posted this,

'Because the left is more liberal than the right they talk to or about some without dragging up a persons politics but for those on the right they remind people where someone they disagree is coming from, even though it is irrelevant'

From someone off a forum where any presenter's connection to the Tories, however tenuous, is mentioned all day, every day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. Staggering lack of self awareness, but it's what you get when you never leave your echo chamber.