Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Geeeuzs .... woke up at 4:30, put LBC on. Utter, utter, dull drivel about the economy. :rolleyes:
It's Jobbie clone, Oli Dugmore. I've been listening since 6.45 and his callers have been a stream of disaffected, middle-aged pub bores, ranting about the evils of capitalism. The latest has just actually dragged in Thatcher!

Reactions: 4

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Without trying to sound like an apologist for Mad Nad there's an interesting article in the I newspaper this weekend about her. Did you know her novels have sold over 3 million copies? (And that's without having a daily radio show where she can plug them 5 times a day). She was also a midwife (I knew that), a successful businesswoman (in what it doesn't say), and is the survivor of abuse from a Priest from when she was a child. All of that just makes Jobby's constant personal attacks against her seem ever more pathetic and unpleasant.

Here's the article:
https://inews.co.uk/opinion/nadine-dorries-symbol-tory-contempt-voters-neglect-country-2557666

Theodore

VIP Member
Irony ate itself this morning when pure as the driven snow B..gl.ro.. piously told the world he would not respond to trolling. The trolling consisting only of one other poster asking him why he insults people he disagrees with. In no co-incidence whatsoever his alter ego had already been on twitter for a couple of hours harassing, usually, females with nasty comments aimed their way.
Very nasty piece of work that one.

neroli

VIP Member
I feel sorry for his wife..Let's hope he decided to stay in his shed for 2 weeks of mirror gazing, self-reflection and Daily Mail binge reading whilst Mrs J jetted off with her girls to somewhere far-off and expensive. preferably an exclusive island owned by a right wing media magnate.

• Haha

Redvers36

VIP Member
There will probably be a blue moon tonight - I'm enjoying Jobby's show!! News came in just after he'd begun that Michael Parkinson has died and James is working off the cuff; no rehearsed rants or axes being ground, just conversation with callers about somebody they all respected and admired. Welcome back the 'old' O'Brien.
Probably James is all discombobulated at the idea of someone being both respected and admired. No-one called him silly names?

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
There will probably be a blue moon tonight - I'm enjoying Jobby's show!! News came in just after he'd begun that Michael Parkinson has died and James is working off the cuff; no rehearsed rants or axes being ground, just conversation with callers about somebody they all respected and admired. Welcome back the 'old' O'Brien.
I thought that was a terrific hour. James letting the callers speak and share their experiences and he even got Dick Emery's son calling in.

Also good to hear him talking about old style LBC. I didn't know James got Parky's old slot.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
She's one of those incredibly stupid people who will seize on any excuse to have a pop at 'posh' people. Her contribution to the crumbling schools debate on Twitter: 'I'm going to take a stab and guess that Eton is safe...' And one of the many similar replies: 'Probably because it was built almost 600 yrs ago.' :LOL:
https://twitter.com/MarinaPurkiss

This guy is an absolute star on twitter. An architect who absolutely rinsed La Purkiss

Ike Ijeh on X: "@MarinaPurkiss Yes, because reinforced autoclaved aerated concrete was a popular building material in 1441." / X (twitter.com)

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
It's a hangover from the 60's hippy counter-culture of 'let it all hang out'. Living with my mum and dad in the suburbs, I never got further than wearing an afghan coat and dowsing myself in patchouli. :cool:
Mrs O'B is training to be a child psychologist. Mr O'B must provide her with plenty of homework. :rolleyes:
When it comes to the soft sciences I rank Psychology right-up there with Astrology. I suppose it could be worse, she could be training to be a 'Body Language Expert'.

• Heart

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Dipped back into a Steve podcast from 27th June 2011 (actually might have been 2012, it was late) and the first 15 minutes of him and Cristo chatting away merrily to each other. Happier days for them both back then

Apologies for not posting more LBC current stuff, but I barely listen, just put on Brazier and the topic for this hour is assisted suicide, 11pm is back pain..... Time to get the Steve podcast time machine fired up

FunkyPhil

Not quite ... he is with Royal Bank of Scotland and was allowed to use Coutts' facilities. I think he just liked people thinking he banked there. :ROFLMAO:
That is sooooo Steve, bless him. We still miss our 4am spike!
---
At least Farage banks in this country and, presumably, pays appropriate tax on his earnings, unlike all the showbiz types, sportsmen, entrepreneurs etc. who stash their loot in offshore accounts.
Very good point, Maggie. This story won't affect those of wealth who bank and/or pay their taxes offshore.

• Heart

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Listened to Goodall for an hour and actually found it a reasonable listen. I know it's a taller than Danny De Vito comparison, but having the 10am slot presented by someone who isn't a narcissistic cretin was a nice change

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
James will be saliivating at the prospect of a 30p Lee bashing tomorrow....Something to cheer him up as he frets over ticket sales for his latest tome.
"Darling, I've got two tickets for the theatre tomorrow night ...."

"Oh really darling? What a lovely surprise, I could really do with a night out, work has been hell this week. In fact I think I'll treat myself to a new outfit. What are we going to see? Or is it a surprise?"

"It's a two hour long talk with James O'Brien about his new book ".

17503688.gif

• Haha