Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
It 's odd how those on the left, who voted to remain, are unable to refer to those who don't agree with them without bad-mouthing them. Jobby was at it again this morning, ranting on about the thickos and idiots who voted for Brexit. Politicians of all parties are happy to be interviewed by Iain, Nick F, Tom et al because they know they'll be treated with respect. Mayor Khan is Jobby's only regular guest.

Brexit utterly consumes some people's lives. Sky News papers has someone called Christina Paterson on and she shoehorns in a brexit reference to virtually every story they cover. I'll bet the mental toll they let it inflict on them far outweighs any downside it otherwise may have caused.

Mind you, it's still funny watching the nutters on the dark side obsessing about it, though they've now adopted GB News and Dan Wootton to vent the huge amount of hate they clearly possess

Reactions: 4

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
He sounds like an arrogant twat to me..Very opinionated and cocky. Natural stand-in for Comrade James when he heads off on his expensive holidays and leaves the nation to wallow in our misery.
Maybe LBC are grooming him in case James either flounces-off or gets sacked. Having one JOB on LBC is more than enough thank you very much we don't need two.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Had to laugh at Ian "I don't know" Payne this morning. Somebody messaged in re waiting for social housing saying they lived in a second floor flat so have to climb the stairs with pram etc. Ian then said "Isn't there a lift? I thought it was illegal not to have a lift in a flat. Ermm no Ian what about all the tenement flats in Glasgow, Edinburgh etc. Certainly no lifts in those. Next gaffe, someone texted in saying their mortgage payment has gone up from a thousand pound odd per months to three thousand pound odd per month. Ian says wow, thats a 30% increase. No Ian, even worse, more like a 300% increase.
Bring back Steve Allen. I for one don't want to hear about someone's mortgage repayment problems at 5am ... :rolleyes:

• Heart

neroli

VIP Member
James had better make sure he's taken his BP meds today..Boris will be writing a regular column in the Daily Mail...

Lord Paul Dacre has excelled himself!

• Haha

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Anyone on LBC discussing the carnage that is the Nottinghill Carnival?

No, the way the left work is that unless it's a topic they deem important, anyone trying to complain about anything else is just indulging in diversionary tactics from what they want to talk about.

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I've just read an really interesting piece about people with affected personality disorder. I'll try and write it up when I get time.

I'm with James on one thing ... that Gullis bloke, the Tory MP is truly dreadful.
I don't know what's affected Jobbie's personality but he's the opposite of what he was when he joined LBC twenty or so years ago. He was fairly lightweight with a sense of humour. You tuned in to his show for a few laughs. I know the station's agenda has become more serious, and it wouldn't be natural if he didn't take life and its responsibilities more seriously, but there's no trace of his younger self at all. Most of us manage to become adult without turning obsessive and bitter, which is what has happened to him.

walterisback

Chatty Member
I thought his show was an utter disgrace today. First time I have tuned in for a while. The man really can't bear anyone else having a different opinion to his. The way he treats/ridicules "dissenting" callers is unacceptable in my opinion.

He'll never get Harry and Meghan to go on Full Disclosure so the fawning is pointless.
Job has such a Superiority Complex and absolutely no empathy with any of his callers, even the ones who phone in to agree. It’s all about Jobby and how he believes he can make himself look clever.

neroli

VIP Member
Oh God ... I'll be giving that a swerve.
Me too...Nothing worse than him droning on...slowly.

Would even tolerate Mad Nad's ramblings and deluded BoJo love to keep Lammy off the airwaves. Let's hope that a minor scandal befalls him keeping him at bay. Shouldn't be too hard to find something.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Still delving back into Steve's old podcasts to go to sleep to. Clicked on one from 2014. If you thought what he said about Gordon Ramsey's daughter was bad, his description of Anne Widdecombe was rather more blunt.

Happy and less censorious times

• Heart

FunkyPhil

I think Ian P. must have inherited Steve's young production team. He refers to them as the Boy Band. :LOL:
That always makes me laugh, Maggie! I like Ian in the mornings. Steve fans, please don't hate me, I loved Steve too! But I think Ian is doing a fine job and the first two hours tend to be lighter subjects, the final hour being a more newsy run in to the main breakfast show. Taking over from a revered legend like Steve Allen must have been tough for him, they were also colleagues.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
When James is ranting and angry about the Tories I almost believe it ... when he's speaking in soft tones and trying to sound sympathetic and concerned I find it totally disingenuous. Is it just me? Probably. :LOL:

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Dan Wootton on GB News having a right old go at Jobbie agreeing with Dawn Butler's racist remarks about Priti Patel.
the meeja really is nearing rock-bottom now. Self-promoters feeding other self-promoters, an unholy circle-jerk ... with us viewers/listeners being the losers because almost all of it is a pile of angry hate-filled bile. No wonder sections of society seem to be angry, they are hoovering-up all this garbage.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I think what I miss most about LBC is the characters. I've said before the presenters all blend into one these days apart from a couple like Nick Ferrari and James O'Brien who I would class as old LBC.

Obviously Steve Allen was the last of the real old school but there was also the likes of Bill Buckley, James Whale, David Prever and her royal madness Jenny Barnett. Iain Lee, who was never my cup of tea, could never be described a boring.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Caught a bit of LBC the last couple of days. I can safely say that without political turmoil (Brexit) and a pandemic (Covid) ... LBC is actually very boring.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Me too...Nothing worse than him droning on...slowly.
It's like being forced to attend a C of E service with the dullest vicar ever. Time seems to slow down when listening to Lammy; minutes bleed into hours, hours into days ...

• Haha