Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redvers36

VIP Member
Nigel Farage won Best News Presenter at the TRIC awards, beating Piers Morgan amoung others. :LOL: Poor James.
I bet James is presently to be found necking Grey Goose vodka from the bottle.

If those at the LBC news room have a sense of fun they will leave all the papers open at the page showing Farage's victory when James arrives.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

i10gal

I am beginning to enjoy Ian Payne more in a morning but he was out of his depth this morning talking about the TV licence. Obviously it would have been a good idea for him or his boy band to research when you actually need a TV licence as he was giving out so much duff information. They did eventually research and clarify but he really did make himself look a bit of a fool. He had an argument with his first caller who was actually correct as Ian told him if he doesn't watch BBC then he doesn't need a licence and also told him if he watched TV on a phone, tablet computer etc then he doesn't need a licence. :confused:

• Wow

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
No figures for individual shows but LBC's silence on the RAJARS indicates there's nothing to boast about. Had a look at Radio Today's chart and it looks as though there's a slight loss across the station, although Global's music stations are doing well. GB News flourishing! The headlines are all about the kicking Radio 2 has taken after getting rid of Ken Bruce- 1m down!

I wonder if people are just sick of the constant doom and gloom. Being angry all the time is not healthy.

I have definitely stopped listening to LBC as much as I used to. Music stations are my go to now. Ken Bruce instead of James is much better.

Letting Steve Allen go was a massive blow to me. Now the only person I listen to regularly is Nick Abbot.

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
It seems as though Marina has influenced Andrew Castle as here he is being praised by her podcast partner.

They are obviously hoping that their followers are too dim to recall all their tweets and messages about him being a Tory w*nker. Colin from Windsor must be all discombobulated as he never misses a minute of Andrew's shows.

God, talk about a reductive question. I can only really compare England to the Midwest of the US and Italy as they are the only other places I've lived for any length of time and have to say, give me England everytime, especially as someone on a low income.

Get Alex Polizzi's less successful soap-selling relative to ask everyone under 25 who arrives here illegally the same question, see what they say. 😬

Redvers36

VIP Member
I was listening to a Nick Abbot habit the other day. It was weird. He was talking abut Steve Allen ( 😥 ) and then did a hand over with Matt Stadlen. It was a very awkward exchange.
As they have similar views on many things it should have been easy.

But Matt Stadlen seems a curious chap who is desperate for attention.

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
Maybe old photos are quite aging, but these two in my head like this thesedays. I don't think nickers has been photographed for a long time

Screenshot_20230823_203330_Instagram.jpg

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
O'Brien couldn't even be professional enough to call Andrew Tate by his name, "Potatoe head" FFS cringe
I think that's his latest wheeze, to call people he doesn't like Potatohead. Youtube would be a much more appropriate place for James, I think he'd get quite a few followers too. I wish he'd do us all a favour and go down that route frankly. A more worldly-wise, emotionally mature, interesting, witty, likeable person would be such a blessing. I suppose they are hard to find and probably not the type of person LBC want, they want a Jeremy Kyle style presenter. Sad times.

• Sad

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Ferrari could do O'Brien's job next week. O'Brien couldn't host breakfast. It's a fast moving show that requires a proper journalist.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Nadine has gone. James is enjoying it. That will cheer his weekend up.

I truly wonder what he will do if Labour win the next GE. The best thing that ever happened to him professionally was Brexit and Boris. He's already proving without either of them he has nothing to say of any interest.

• Haha
@

@steveallenshow

I was going to buy a doughnut at Waterloo station, got as far as it put in the bag, then the clincher, we don’t take cash!! Exit me, no doughnut

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Presumably James is getting ready to do a show on why Carol Vorderman has told so many lies about Greg Hands.
Carol Vorderman is another silly, Tory-hating, attention seeking woman, like Marina Purkiss, who trumpets her half-baked opinions without bothering to check the facts.

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
There will probably be a blue moon tonight - I'm enjoying Jobby's show!! News came in just after he'd begun that Michael Parkinson has died and James is working off the cuff; no rehearsed rants or axes being ground, just conversation with callers about somebody they all respected and admired. Welcome back the 'old' O'Brien.
...Better not give my view of Parky then. :LOL: Glad you enjoyed the show! Thanks for reporting back. Are we to surmise though, that in order for a show to be good a well-known television presenter needs to die every day? That's quite a high price. ;)

• Haha

Redvers36

VIP Member
I used to love Robbie Vincent on a Sunday evening. It all seems so long ago. I gave up on LBC when it became Global & heavily news based and repetitive. Prior to that I loved tuning in, Steve, not Nick, even Job. He was so much lighter then, not so fixated on being right. Then there was Clive, Christo, Anthony Davis & Nick Magerrison 🤣. I miss that LBC.
I don't think he was ever on LBC but John Gaunt was quite obnoxious and aggressive.
My introduction to LBC came via Robbie Vincent. My mum used to put his show on when she did the ironing.....
---

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Another rough day for James O'Brien as a past LBC presenter calls him out on his misogyny.
I turned on at 12:05 .... "Almost finished my book. Footballification. My first book. My second book. Times Best Seller .... etc. etc.12:08, turned off.

• Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
If those at the LBC news room have a sense of fun they will leave all the papers open at the page showing Farage's victory when James arrives.
Oh I know. That's something Ferrari would love to do, that's exact kind of knock-about-bantz that would have existed in the tabloid newsroom back in his day. Look, I don't know what O'Brien is like IRL ... he may take all that in the spirit it is meant, but I find it hard to imagine. A big photo of Julia and Farage grinning and holding an award on O'Briens desk. It's that kind of shit that makes the world go around, it's A LAUGH and not workplace bullying, gettit?

Don't you get the impression that the more Left leaning a person is the less 'fun' they allow themselves to have? They prefer outrage and misery. That's why a lot of people, even though they may not agree with Farage, or Ferrari or perhaps even Trump, would much rather hang out with those people for a drink than go to a party with O'Brien or people like Ash Sarkar or Owen Jones. :eek: