Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Isn't it ironic that jobbie looks like gammon. I saw an insult on another thread which could also apply. He looks like a freshly wanked cock.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

karma4klattie

VIP Member
And don't Susan Quilliam and her relationship/sex advice which usually raised an eyebrow. 🤪

LBC is very different station these days .....
I used to have it on almost 24/7 for the terrific variety, programmes about health, antiques, Blue Badge talks about London, sex problems, relationship problems, car advice, dating show (Mike Allen? Whoever it was seemed to consider any girl over a size 12 undateable!), the wonderful late-night Robbie Vincent, Clive Bull, allowed to be funny and cool and curt, and playing snippets of music sent in, I think, by two North London taxi drivers. All we have to break the turgid hamster-wheel of news boredom LBC broadcasts now are the two legal experts for one hour apiece.

Losing Steve Allen was the last straw.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Listening to Nick Abbot last night discussing hedgehogs.

I get loads of hedgehogs in my garden. I don't feed them or anything but my neighbour is a big hedgehog fan. She has loads of houses in her garden. It's a Sylvanian village 🤣 When we replaced a fence she made sure there was gaps so they could wander around. It's one bit of wildlife that don't cause any problems and they're very cute. Unlike the fox who was on my decking staring me out the other night🦊

• Heart
  • Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
If so he has a lot of competition from the likes of Marina Purkiss and Supertanskii
I managed half an hour of her this morning. She is simply appalling. LBC either underestimate their listeners' intelligence, or simply don't care, to employ such a terrible presenter. The little girly voice spewing out bile and hatred for the Government; the casual dispensing of things she's read or heard without checking the facts; the lack of engagement with callers. She mentioned Sunak's 'bulging property portfolio'. (2 houses + No. 10) She should have a look at the Blairs' investments while he was in office.

• Heart

Theodore

VIP Member
New to the thread, hi 👋. Do LBC still upload those clickbaity vids to YouTube “James takes down Brexit voter” “James destroys anti immigration protester” etc etc? I had to block the LBC feed because of this. I can’t stand listening to him and I don’t want to see his sweaty, mean face in my feed. Apart from that I don’t understand why LBC does this. Callers are their bread and butter so rejoicing in them being “destroyed” by that wanker seems a bit mean. They would never upload any videos where JOB gets taken down by a caller, I doubt his fragile ego could bear it.
I don’t mind Talk doing similar because Julia HB is invariably “destroying “ some idiot official representative of an organisation or a politician so fair game etc.

The only one I listen to nowadays is Nicky FerrarI. The rest of it has gone right down.

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Nigel Farage won Best News Presenter at the TRIC awards, beating Piers Morgan amoung others. :LOL: Poor James.

• Haha
  • Wow

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Blimey! Look at the last comment. That won't go down well with some folk at LBC.

Iain Dale
@IainDal
e
3h
Isn’t it interesting that if someone had their bank accounts closed by their bank WITH NO REASON GIVEN, like me, you’d find it outrageous. But now it’s happened to @Nigel_Farage the liberal lovers of civil liberties become authoritarian fascists. It could happen to you.
This is outrageous in a free society. And while I'm about it, many congratulations to @nigel_farage on his award. Totally deserved.

• Haha
  • Wow

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Yes, and people who are able to control and maintain their emotions are called 'repressed'. :rolleyes:
It's a hangover from the 60's hippy counter-culture of 'let it all hang out'. Living with my mum and dad in the suburbs, I never got further than wearing an afghan coat and dowsing myself in patchouli. :cool:
Mrs O'B is training to be a child psychologist. Mr O'B must provide her with plenty of homework. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

The Big One

Chatty Member
Don't remember that. Far more recent. A smilar bird to the one Twitter used. I thought everyone would guess straight away!!! If nobody has guessed it by lunchtime, I will reveal all (not that 'all', missus!!!) this afternoon.

Apologies. I forgotten to 'reveal all' this afternoon!

Anyway, doesn't anybody remember the old Capital Radio logo 'In tune with London'

1690412376149.png

I think it used to mainly be in blue.

Last edited:

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Listening to Nick Abbot last night discussing hedgehogs.

I get loads of hedgehogs in my garden. I don't feed them or anything but my neighbour is a big hedgehog fan. She has loads of houses in her garden. It's a Sylvanian village 🤣 When we replaced a fence she made sure there was gaps so they could wander around. It's one bit of wildlife that don't cause any problems and they're very cute. Unlike the fox who was on my decking staring me out the other night🦊
Good for her. Hedgehogs aren't yet endangered but they are listed as vulnerable, and they're good for gardens. They love nice juicy caterpillars, slugs and snails. But please don't put slug pellets down!

Redvers36

VIP Member
Thanks for that. But why would it be frustrating for them? I'd imagine they be happy to see the back of her. Honestly, there are regular posters on this board who I consider more credible sources of information and certainly more entertaining than Maitliss and some of her contemporaries thieving a living in the meeja today.

Maitliss, like Jobby and like Farridge, are ultimately massive self-publicists. I suppose you could even argue that Farage is slightly less morally bankrupt insofar as he doesn't pretend to be a 'journalist' and some sort of guardian of truth.
Farage is also different in that he has achieved things. He set out to achieve Brexit and won. More recently he has shown those in charge of Nat West a clean pair of heels.

Maitlis and Jobby have never achieved anything. It must gnaw away at them.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Presumably James is getting ready to do a show on why Carol Vorderman has told so many lies about Greg Hands.
17 minutes that i'll never get back. I don't think i've encountered anyone in the meeja who is so insecure. I think that's why he comes across as unpleasant and boastful (when there's nothing to actually boast about), it's some sort of emotional defence mechanism.

I think Vorderman is similar (probably why they like smelling each others farts). Any woman who feels the need to have extensive (and unecessary imo) cosmetic surgery has deep-seated insecurities.