Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Does James understand that the Daily Mail, just like Global Media, mainly exist to make a profit for its shareholders? If Boris brings in more readers why wouldn't the Daily Mail want to employ him? I would ring in, but whats the point. Or maybe he's in a panic in case Boris does get a gig on LBC like Rachel. 😂

Ok, I'm off. Somone on the verge of tears because they used to support UKIP and now they've 'seen the light' and are begging for fogiveness. Fucking insane ... I think James has got his own little cult members to if you ask me. Absurd.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

neroli

VIP Member
Not great on only his second weekend in the job.

He sounds like an arrogant twat to me..Very opinionated and cocky. Natural stand-in for Comrade James when he heads off on his expensive holidays and leaves the nation to wallow in our misery.

Redvers36

VIP Member
Do you remember, back in the 80s, Les Stocker, who occasionally used to come on with Robbie Vincent on Sunday evenings? He and his wife had started up a hedgehog hospital in Bucks. called Tiggywinkles? I just Googled it; it's enormous and now takes in all wildlife.
In a way that sums up a past LBC that had more varied output and in this case a good news story.

These days it is doom and gloom all the time especially from James O'Brien.

Redvers36

VIP Member
I have to be honest. I can't stand Wootton. I find him vile.
I know very little about him so will take your word for it.

But even someone like that should not be smeared without proof. After all believing what turned out to be lies is a theme in the work of James O'Brien.

Theodore

VIP Member
It’s interesting how James has never progressed. The embarrassing failed attempts at a chat show, the even more embarrassing failed attempts at hosting Newsnight. He is not likeable on TV and that’s been proven for sure. As for radio, he’s an average sized fish in a small pond, the small pond being LBC which despite its aspirations is London centric.
if James is so good, why is he still at this niche radio station 20 years after starting?

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I had a proper listen to Lewis Goodall today and really enjoyed his show.

I enjoyed listening to him and Ben Kentish discussing PMQ's. They then went on to talk about Farage and it was really pleasant to hear a proper adult discussion about him without resorting to childish name calling and sneering.

I wonder if James would like to extend his holiday? 🤔

neroli

VIP Member
Good to hear Ali Miraj on air this (early) morning...Wonder if Oli has already thrown in the towel? I do hope so.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Good for her. Hedgehogs aren't yet endangered but they are listed as vulnerable, and they're good for gardens. They love nice juicy caterpillars, slugs and snails. But please don't put slug pellets down!
I don't!! I love the hedgehogs. She takes in injured ones too.

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
That is tragic. To be so attention seeking to post on Twitter when you've just had a baby about your hatred for the government.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
If Ferrari and O'Brien's figures have gone up but the overall station figures are down (by 10%), then there must be a real slump elsewhere. I'd love to think a big contribution was the decision to terminate Steve Allen

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
The other day, Steve Allen sent a Tweet and he had responses open. (I'm sure it was an accident). I hope he read the comments as there was a lot of nice ones. Most people desperate for him to do a podcast.
Once a week, him and a guest drinking prosecco and giving their opinions on people in the media today. The Prosecco Diaries, with Steve Allen. Adults Only. 😬

• Heart
  • Haha

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
The three were so intertwined it was ridiculous.

All roads lead to .... now.
I can think of one thing even more pointless (and quite possibly a scam) ...

Global Academy – Kickstart Your Career in Media
Global Academy offers a unique academic and practical opportunity for Year 10 – Year 12 students looking to enter the radio, TV, digital, advertising ...

ie: Pay a large fee so your kid can get a job in a call centre hard-selling advertising space ...

• Haha

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
I managed half an hour of her this morning. She is simply appalling. LBC either underestimate their listeners' intelligence, or simply don't care, to employ such a terrible presenter. The little girly voice spewing out bile and hatred for the Government; the casual dispensing of things she's read or heard without checking the facts; the lack of engagement with callers. She mentioned Sunak's 'bulging property portfolio'. (2 houses + No. 10) She should have a look at the Blairs' investments while he was in office.
This must have been the woman I unfortunately woke up to having left my radio on all night. I heard her say, in all seriousness, 'those who vote conservative are on the lower end level of intelligence'. Fair enough if that's her opinion but she quoted it as if it was an actual fact 😂 🤡

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Natwest boss has apologised to Nigel. How annoying for all the gloaters. 😜

Haha! Now Jon Sopel has apologised!

I detest Farage and think the he has done a lot of damage to the country but NatWest have shot themselves in the foot. Having to apologise to him must have stuck in Sopel's craw.

Fair enough if he didn't have the funds or they believed he was laundering Russian money or something (which wouldn't surprise me) or if you were but just because you disagree with him? Where does that end? Piers Morgan was talking about it last night on his show as he banks with Coutts and was asking why his opinions are ok and not Farage's. I know they've still offered him a Nat West one but what an unnecessary palaver for the bank.

I bet some seriously dodgy people have banked (are banking) with Coutts over the years and no one has battered an eyelid. I'm sure someone is looking into that right now. 😄

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I don't!! I love the hedgehogs. She takes in injured ones too.
Do you remember, back in the 80s, Les Stocker, who occasionally used to come on with Robbie Vincent on Sunday evenings? He and his wife had started up a hedgehog hospital in Bucks. called Tiggywinkles? I just Googled it; it's enormous and now takes in all wildlife.

• Heart

i10gal

Just turned on Purkiss by mistake and listened to a minute. Embarrassingly bad. SURELY someone can be found who is more engaging and well-informed than her. Thankfully the caller was both of those things, perhaps that's why she came across as so awful.
I caught 45 minutes of her which was 45 minutes of Rishi bashing re corruption. I am no Tory fan but as caller Jason from Marylebone said, she is coming across as a bitter jealous individual. Then interestingly another caller who agreed with her but did point out about Peter Mandelson's corruption along with Tony Blair and she soon ended that call.

She is out if her depth in that job and should maybe stick to Twitter or X for her rants to her fan club.