Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I have just found out that today (Thursday) is a RAJAR report release date, for last June.

Unfortunately having just found out, there is no time to look in any great detail at the figures. What I could see is that the LBC audiences are DOWN on last quarter. However, if NF or J O'B have individually increased their respective audiences then that is what LBC will crow about ! There maybe some other figures that they can interpret as a gain - if so, expect to hear it on their news bulletins. If there is no mention then it is down all round!
Legendary LBC listener Colin from Windsor announced he has scaled back his LBC listening in order to focus on the Women's World Cup.
This may be a factor?

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Jobby still doesn't a understand why Trump got elected in the US, that's how out of touch he is with who I would characterize as blue-collar, working-class people, many of whom voted Trump --not because they wanted to, but because they felt no other voice represented them. It wasn't really a victory for Trump it was more a massive failure of the coastal, educated, liberal elites sitting in their ivory towers smelling each others farts and reviewing each others books.

When you compare O'Brien with Iain Dale, Nick Ferrari and Ali Miraj it's like comparing adults to a child. In many ways James O'Brien is the broadcasting equivalent of an incel.*

*The term "involuntary celibate" (shortened to "incel") refers to self-identifying members of an online subculture based around the inability to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as "inceldom" or "incelibacy".

• Haha
  • Heart

neroli

VIP Member
He came up against a caller with Asperger's who didn't appreciate his jokes and who was very outspoken. Bet he was cursing whoever put her on air

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Oh I know. That's something Ferrari would love to do, that's exact kind of knock-about-bantz that would have existed in the tabloid newsroom back in his day. Look, I don't know what O'Brien is like IRL ... he may take all that in the spirit it is meant, but I find it hard to imagine. A big photo of Julia and Farage grinning and holding an award on O'Briens desk. It's that kind of shit that makes the world go around, it's A LAUGH and not workplace bullying, gettit?

Don't you get the impression that the more Left leaning a person is the less 'fun' they allow themselves to have? They prefer outrage and misery. That's why a lot of people, even though they may not agree with Farage, or Ferrari or perhaps even Trump, would much rather hang out with those people for a drink than go to a party with O'Brien or people like Ash Sarkar or Owen Jones. :eek:
Sensitive soul, your average leftie; very thin-skinned. They can pour bucket-loads of judgmental spite and name-calling over anybody who doesn't subscribe to their doctrines. You indulge in a spot of criticism or humorous piss-taking about their idols and they turn on you with their claws out and teeth bared. I speak from my experience on another forum! ;) 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Ditto Alistair Campbell constantly telling us that the current government are a bunch of liars. :rolleyes:
Campbell scares me. I think he might be a bonefide pyschopath.

I gave James 10 mins. Slagging off Rishi ... for, er, donating 3m quid (of his and his wifes own money) to a college in the US. Really? Oh how James must miss his great love, Boris. :love:

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
It drives me nuts the ways he deliberately pronounces it that way, big bloody child that he is
That's why it was so refreshing to hear Lewis Goodall and Ben Kentish discussing Farage the other day. They were discussing his continued role and influence in British politics and it was a proper discussion. Two adults. No stupid names or sneering.

James calling Andrew Tate 'potato' was so embarrassing.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I always think of Fogarty smoking a cigar at dinner parties with Moira Stewart, Clare Balding and Alice Arnold slagging off all the men at every media outlet they’ve ever worked at.
Say what you want about Shelagh, her performance in Total Recall was pretty good... 😬

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
At least Farage banks in this country and, presumably, pays appropriate tax on his earnings, unlike all the showbiz types, sportsmen, entrepreneurs etc. who stash their loot in offshore accounts.

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
LOL ... Talk TV just called this Coutt's banking fiasco a 'Ratner moment' ... we see you, we see you!! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Interesting hour with Ian P. on sexual diversity; wide range of opinions, all listened to and responded to with interest and without judgement. I think Ian is underrated because he rarely gets into arguments with callers. For some people this is the appeal of speech radio - but only if they agree with the presenter, of course.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Shelagh getting a pile on because she called out Mhari Black for saying women who disagreed with her on transgender rights are '50 year old Karens'.

Personally, I don't care about changing rooms and toilets etc but I can understand why some women do. I also think there is a massive issue with prisons and sport which absolutely needs to be discussed and dealt with.

Transgender and immigration issues cannot be discussed without you being accused of racism or transphobia. :rolleyes:

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
i had to turn him off after he repeated it for the 3rd time, he was like a child
It's like second rate student radio (if such a thing exists). Listeners to a national station deserve better. I actually think he could do better, but just can't be arsed.

EdwardTattsyrup

Not great on only his second weekend in the job.

He sounds like an arrogant twat to me..Very opinionated and cocky. Natural stand-in for Comrade James when he heads off on his expensive holidays and leaves the nation to wallow in our misery.
He is a bit of a knob. Day job is editor of PoliticsJoe, a sort of hipster politics site (very left wing, LOVES Corbyn). Did a YouTube thing throwing eggs at a statue of Thatcher.

• Sick