Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redvers36

VIP Member
Edwards was pictured entering Global towers after being on the shortlist to be one of The News Agents. He was mortified at being caught apparently.
To be fair most people would be mortified if others thought they were going to be working with the odious Jon Sopel.

Redvers36

VIP Member
Poor Jobby - inflation rates down. And with the footie starting on TV at 10 (kickoff 11) will anybody be listening to him?
It looks like he did see the much better inflation numbers.

James O'Brien on Twitter: "What fresh hell is this?" / X
---
Poor Jobby - inflation rates down. And with the footie starting on TV at 10 (kickoff 11) will anybody be listening to him?
It looks like he did see the much better inflation numbers.

James O'Brien on Twitter: "What fresh hell is this?" / X

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
It's all panto..
That's what a lot of people don't realise.

I remember seeing [pictures of Iain Dale's 60th birthday party and they were literally all there rubbing shoulders together. The great and the good of media. Julia Hartley Brewer having a drink and a chat with Maitlis etc etc.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
James would join in with the boys having a sly ciggy behind the cloisters, then grass on them if he thought it would improve his grades..
Lammy would lecture the boys on the perils of smoking tobacco, ask for a ciggy & leave them to it..
Gimme some Lammy at 10am instead of this arrogant tit anytime.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I thought it was really degrading for Usherwood
One of James' problems is that he hasn't got a very sophisticated sense of humour, it's all purile teenager shite. Which has its place of course ... mostly on the vast playing fields of Ampleforth rather than on national radio ... :rolleyes:

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I really cannot see this affecting programming. The shakeup is, I belive at Global rather than specifically LBC.
There's no reason why it should to be honest. I know someone who has worked at Sky, Global and Talk Radio (office based) and it's literally just a job. Politics has nothing to do with it.

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Edwards was pictured entering Global towers after being on the shortlist to be one of The News Agents. He was mortified at being caught apparently.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
You didn't give him his full title, It's Adil Ray OBE. Does nothing but slag the country off, but his tweet ' Criticism of one’s country is the highest form of patriotism' should guarantee him a tummy tickling with Gobber
OBE? That's laughable. Well, as laughable as Kate Garraway and Lorraine Kelly getting a gong.

FunkyPhil

Colin Brazier didn't stay long in the late night slot. A top class journalist and presenter, but he never sounded particularly comfortable on the radio, maybe he was more at home on TV?

Who do we think will get the gig? Ben Kentish is covering this week, could it be his turn for a permanent weekday slot? Ali Miraj perhaps? Marina Purkiss to fire things up a bit 😲! Or someone brand new to the LBC airwaves?

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
What has been going on with Iain Dale? I haven't listened to LBC for a while, especially at that time. But I did switch on a couple times in the last few weeks and no Iain. Has he been off on holiday?

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Was it recent or an old concert, do we know?
Steve only watches old repeats. It was probably on Sky Arts, which he likes.
---
Don't remember any VIP/royal being at the women's netball world cup final?

James Cleverley got his usual freebie jaunt to represent us. I'm sure Mad Nad would have loved to go too if she hadn't been AWOL.
I'm surprised Mayor Khan didn't elbow his way in. He does love a freebie and a photo opportunity. Perhaps the team wasn't 'representative' enough for him. :rolleyes:

Last edited: