Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Redvers36

VIP Member
Did James O'Brien mention the excellent economic figures from the UK today?

I am sure that he would not avoid them and hope that his listeners would not spot that he had made a fool of himself with his predictions and Brexit bashing....

Redvers36

VIP Member
I've quite enjoyed having Tom do the breakfast show this week. Ian P. doing it on Monday. 😊 Jobby clone Oli Something? doing 4-7am over the weekend. 🤮🤮🤮
---

You're lucky to have survived long enough to have had the choice. I think most of us here got the Order of the Boot! :LOL:
Count me in as having got the order of the boot.

The only time I miss DS is when other threads there are relevant. For example the athletics one at the moment.

Redvers36

VIP Member
There's a great scene where Gary Oldman is sitting next to a perfectly manicured Kristen Scott-Thomas on a bench beside a canal and he lets rip a massive fart. 😬
Embarrasing farts are an issue for James after that time after rugby at Ampleforth when the posh boys persuaded James to light one of his.

Apart from the issue of fearing a visit to see Matron James feared being made an example of in chemistry class.

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I was listening the Nick Abbot / Carol McGiffin podcast. She is a full on conspiracy nut these days. Doesn't believe in the Moon landing. They could not be more politically opposed yet they are friends and manage to find plenty in common. They like each other as people.

James seems incapable of that which shows a lack of maturity. He's close friends with William Cash. Does he realise who his dad is? 🤣
I think they've known each other for years. I can remember Jobby talking about his mate who lived in a stately home. He could be the reason Jobby has such a grudge against Boris. Cash was engaged to the mother of Boris's 'lovechild'.

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Jobby's book isn't published until November. He can't be promoting it already (apart from on his show) He has been traipsing around with Mayor Khan plugging his book.

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
That's the thing, James is playing straight into the hands of the culture war warriors. He's either a twat, or a cynical twat.
Perhaps he's a double agent - an undercover Brexit-loving Tory, guaranteed to put anybody off voting for the Opposition. :cool:

Last edited:

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Look at the state of this thread from Sangita. You've got to go some when you use the death of a highly suspicious, vile, supposed arms dealer to have a go at the government.

The Big One

Chatty Member
I had forgotten that it was Nick Ferrari who first highlighted her numerical skills.

He must be chomping at the bit for tomorrow.

James must be wondering if he can get away with a sick note.
---
How could you forget that infamous interview he did with her, when she had difficulty in counting ! It used to be on the LBC website. I haven't checked to see if it is still there.

Did either Nick or James mention her Tweet (or X ?!) this morning? If so, what did they say?

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
LBC's coverage of the coup has been excellent, well at least until 3pm when like a junkie desperate for their next fix they got back to Tory bashing.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Perhaps his therapist is away so he has no-one to tell this too....
It is just like that. Honestly, James' style is so much better suited to Podcasting, he really has no business to be on national radio each morning, there are far better people out there who would get a larger audience. That's not counting, that's opinion. 😬

thewittowoo

Chatty Member
Caught 10 minutes of Natasha Devon tonight, topic was Just Stop Oil. She was doing the classic O'Brien schtick of pretending she didn't have an opinion at the start of the show but a couple of callers had persuaded her on the matter. You're fooling nobody Ms D

@

@steveallenshow

Your old postage stamps are about to expire. You need to fill in a form and send it off,sadly you can’t do it over the counter in a post office.