Law of Attraction / Manifesting ✨

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So yes I really recommend doing shadow work especially if like me you are (or have been) a bit of a people pleaser and also if you find your needs unmet or constantly taking a backseat?
I absolutely think that shadow work is just (as I mentioned before) our own stifled and neglected and ignored part that really needs to be heard and acknowledged and even loved?
Thank you for such an informative and interesting post! I keep wanting to start shadow work but I stop myself before I properly get into it! Would you be willing to share how you got started and any resources that helped at the very beginning of your journey?

I'm also constantly starting inner child work and backing out too - I really do want to heal, but I'm also fearful because I don't know who I am underneath all of the trauma you know?

This thread is so helpful - thank you everyone ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Inner Child work is amazing. I did a meditation on YouTube a couple of weeks ago and I cried through the full thing, it was so powerful.

I also wrote letters from me at each stage of childhood to my adult self and replied as my adult self which helped a lot.
Everyone should do Inner Child work. Even if you think your childhood wasn't traumatic. There are always significant events for each of us which have a huge impact on our adult selves. It's one of the main reasons we self-sabotage, a huge part of our subconscious.

If only Inner Child Work was part of the curriculum in schools

I have 2 young children and I wish I had done Inner Child work before I had them because I'm recreating my childhood in my home because of my unhealed trauma and I don't want to mess them up, hence the push to heal.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Inner Child work is amazing. I did a meditation on YouTube a couple of weeks ago and I cried through the full thing, it was so powerful.

I also wrote letters from me at each stage of childhood to my adult self and replied as my adult self which helped a lot.
Everyone should do Inner Child work. Even if you think your childhood wasn't traumatic. There are always significant events for each of us which have a huge impact on our adult selves. It's one of the main reasons we self-sabotage, a huge part of our subconscious.

I have 2 young children and I wish I had done Inner Child work before I had them because I'm recreating my childhood in my home because of my unhealed trauma and I don't want to mess them up, hence the push to heal.
Inner child work gave me so many shock moments. I always just assumed that being bullied at school was why I had low self esteem etc and of course it was a huge part, but there were alot of other things that contributed to why I was almost so needy with others and always seeking approval from others (I didn't have a bad childhood but I was "clever" so never got praised as it were by Mum as....and I quote "we knew you'd do well") so even things like that affected me so much! But the more I've identified the more I've been able to accept, forgive, release and move on. I've been able to come off antidepressants and all sorts. Therapy never helped me identify any of this!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Do you have a link to that meditation by any chance @oddsock17?

For child work John Bradwshaw had a good series called homecoming which is still up on youtube. He also had the book healing the shame that binds you.

Lisa A. Romano also does a lot of childhood trauma meditations.

Could also try self administered EDMR or EFT tapping.

At this moment in time If I'm being honest I know all of the things that I'm supposed to be doing, but mentally I just feel like I've given up. I've been feeling incredibly low ever since I came back from Brighton. I've had depression since I was 14 so it's nothing new but I just feel like I don't have any hope left or reason to still be living.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Do you have a link to that meditation by any chance @oddsock17?
Yeah here it is -

For child work John Bradwshaw had a good series called homecoming which is still up on youtube. He also had the book healing the shame that binds you.

Lisa A. Romano also does a lot of childhood trauma meditations.

Could also try self administered EDMR or EFT tapping.

At this moment in time If I'm being honest I know all of the things that I'm supposed to be doing, but mentally I just feel like I've given up. I've been feeling incredibly low ever since I came back from Brighton. I've had depression since I was 14 so it's nothing new but I just feel like I don't have any hope left or reason to still be living.
This is from a man I follow on FB called Chris Kirckof -
Depression: 8 things you may not know

1. Depression is often an inflammatory condition

Depression is often a manifestation of irregularities in the body that often starts far away from the brain and is not associated with so-called “chemical imbalances.” Not a single study has proven that depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. That’s right: there has never been a human study that successfully links low serotonin levels and depression. Imaging studies, blood and urine tests, post-mortem suicide assessments, and even animal research have never validated the link between neurotransmitter levels and depression. In other words, the serotonin theory of depression is a total myth that has been unjustly supported by the manipulation of data. Much to the contrary, high serotonin levels have been linked to a range of problems, including schizophrenia and autism. So if you think a chemical pill can save, cure, or “correct” you, you’re dead wrong. That is about as misguided as putting a bandage over a nail stuck in your foot and taking aspirin. It’s absolutely missing an opportunity to “remove the splinter” and resolve the problem from the source.

2. Antidepressants have the potential to irreversibly disable the body’s natural healing mechanisms

Despite what you’ve been led to believe, antidepressants have repeatedly been shown in long-term scientific studies to worsen the course of mental illness—to say nothing of the risks of liver damage, bleeding, weight gain, sexual dysfunction, and reduced cognitive function they entail. The dirtiest little secret of all is the fact that antidepressants are among the most difficult drugs to taper from, more so than alcohol and opiates. Moreover, antidepressants have a well-established history of causing violent side effects, including suicide and homicide. In fact, five of the top 10 most violence-inducing drugs have been found to be antidepressants.

3. The effect of anti-depressants is not a cure

Even if we accepted the proposition that these drugs are helpful for some people (82% of which is due to the placebo effect according to Dr. Irving Kirsch),extrapolating a medical cause from this observation would be akin to saying that shyness is caused by a deficiency of alcohol, or that headaches are caused by a lack of codeine.

And what about a genetic vulnerability? Is there such thing as a depression gene? In 2003, a study published in Science suggested that those with genetic variation in their serotonin transporter were three times more likely to be depressed. But six years later this idea was wiped out by a meta-analysis of 14,000 patients published in the Journal of the American Medical Association that denied such an association.

4. Pharmaceutical companies have greatly manipulated the data about anti-depressants working

To truly appreciate the breadth of evidence that states antidepressants are ineffective and unsafe, we have to get behind the walls that the pharmaceutical companies erect. We have to unearth unpublished data, data that they were hoping to keep in the dusty catacombs. A now famous 2008 study in the New England Journal of Medicine by Turner et al sought to expose the extent of this data manipulation. They demonstrated that, from 1987 to 2004, 12 antidepressants were approved based on 74 studies. Thirty-eight were positive, and 37 of these were published. Thirty-six were negative (showing no benefit), and 3 of these were published as such while 11 were published with a positive spin (always read the data not the author’s conclusion!), and 22 were unpublished. http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa065779

5. Most prescriptions for antidepressants are doled out by family doctors...not psychiatrists

Seven percent of all visits to a primary care doctor end with an antidepressant and almost three-quarters of the prescriptions are written without a specific diagnosis. What’s more, when the Department of Mental Health at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health did its own examination into the prevalence of mental disorders, it found that most people who take antidepressants never meet the medical criteria for a bona fide diagnosis of major depression, and many who are given antidepressants for things like OCD, panic disorder, social phobia, and anxiety also don’t qualify as actually having these conditions.

6. Many physical conditions mimic psychiatric symptoms

Many different physical conditions create psychiatric symptoms but aren’t themselves “psychiatric.” Two prime examples: dysfunctioning thyroid and blood sugar chaos. We think (because our doctors think) that we need to “cure” the brain, but in reality we need to look at the whole body’s ecosystem: intestinal health, hormonal interactions, the immune system and autoimmune disorders, blood sugar balance, and toxicant exposure.

7. Basic lifestyle interventions can facilitate the body’s powerful self-healing mechanisms to end depression

Dietary modifications (more healthy fats and less sugar, dairy, and gluten); natural supplements like B vitamins and probiotics that don’t require a prescription and can even be delivered through certain foods; minimizing exposures to biology-disrupting toxicants like fluoride in tap water, chemicals in common drugs like Tylenol and statins, and fragrances in cosmetics; harnessing the power of sufficient sleep and physical movement; and behavioral techniques aimed at promoting the relaxation response.

8. Depression is a message and an opportunity

It’s a sign for us to stop and figure out what’s causing our imbalance rather than just masking, suppressing, or rerouting the symptoms. Our body communicated to us through emotions and they will signal to us when we need to make changes. Listen to these signals!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you for such an informative and interesting post! I keep wanting to start shadow work but I stop myself before I properly get into it! Would you be willing to share how you got started and any resources that helped at the very beginning of your journey?

I'm also constantly starting inner child work and backing out too - I really do want to heal, but I'm also fearful because I don't know who I am underneath all of the trauma you know?

Thank you 💞 @

Thank you @Elizaaaaa that's very kind of you.
I think what really inspired me to be involved in my own shadow work is a book by the Jungian psychoanalyst Clarissa pinkola Estes.... Women who run with the wolves.
It's all about the wild woman archetype and basically how to integrate it for healing and to find your own voice and power?
I read that book when I had gone through a particularly troubling time as a young mother and I had felt real pain at feeling like a fraud and disappointment and also worst of all a bad mother (the one who's example I had internalised)
That's what terrifed me history repeating itself!
When we are little a bad parent feels omnipresent I was still holding on to that?
Having played out that relationship with my own mother and she is not maternal or loving I vowed to be the opposite!
Except that life and it's challenges kept sabotaging me or more accurately I was sabotaging me and any chance at a happy family?
I was alternatively depressed highly strung nervous around children my nerves screamed fight or flight and I knew I had to face this I had to deal with my own ambivalences....
My mother (or lack of) took up residence in my head I was not free I was not being myself I was haunted by a sense of deprivation? Just like she had been because she also had a strained and ambivalent relationship with her mother and so the family drama continued?
Now I felt grief I also was lost I didn't know how to be a parent and I was scared my children would feel resentment towards me as I felt towards her?
My point is i think shadow work is painful it was like opening the door (or locked closet) to the past and dealing with things that haunted me (and others) but they hadn't dealt with it?
I felt like I had to it was the only thing that gave me courage if I didn't who would?
So I think in my case I had to start somewhere and that was the most pressing concern I didn't want to repeat maternal alienation?
I guess everyone has their own wound and issue that calls out to them that needs to be heard?
Giving birth is symbolic you can give birth to yourself in that way maybe I was lucky it was obvious where the pain was coming from?
If your intuition speaks it's trying to tell you something? In the shadows are old ghosts and trauma that get passed down like family heirlooms imo?
To me it became a situation where your dammed if you do but damned if you don't?
Either way it would still be painful but I would rather have the pain of release and letting go and in a way surrendering to it because if not it just becomes the fight that happens anyway?
I felt a prisoner of my past and if it was like a jail then I might as well figure out how I ended up like that in the first place?
So if you've ever dragged yourself through life feeling guilty then you have my sympathy because that's how I was on a chronic level.
It occasionally still rears its ugly head but I ask myself now am I overreacting? Am I really guilty as charged? Or am I just re living yet again maternal ambivalence I was an accident how did I get here why am I alive? (and then do I deserve to be) had troubled me all my life occasionally still do but it passes quickly now it's losing its hold.
That's my start my finish my circle it's gone round and round but each time it gets a little easier?
So that pain was telling me this hurts and I blamed it when all it was doing was communicating with me?
The inner child is hard to pacify but then when it cries do we listen? Or were we listened to as children?
Or are we just fed up with pain that gets normalised and desensitized and numbness comes to bring relief except that just blocks things further?
Opening to feelings when in my case you were never allowed to express them or have them validated is painful?
Yes it's put me off as well and triggered depression or fits of crying (grief) but I always come back to it to try to resolve it? In the past especially when I have been triggered or had a meltdown its not easy to cope with being flooded with what can feel like an avalanche?
That's because I kept it all inside and pushed it down but my body hurt I have frozen shoulders and stiff hips and problems with bad posture and you know you can only hide from it for so long before it becomes obvious this way of dealing with life is not working!
So if the urge for healing or exploration of painful things happens I would listen and explore it?
Denial never works and in the beginning I would go from elation (yes finally freedom!) to despair oh no it's not working I am still getting sucked in feeling triggered.....but for me I accepted that because I felt so rubbish anyway that what the heck I might as well get on with it!
I tried some therapy along the way cognitive behavioural therapy helped a bit to not always feel overwhelmed and create a helpful distance.... Also going to Albania helped me seeing a different way of life one that offered an alternative? It doesn't need to be like this?
I got into spirituality I opened up to meditation and yoga and read voraciously and honestly I think not being melodramatic but I don't think I would still be here if I hadn't?
I don't think I would have committed suicide but I think my mind would have broken down maybe irretrievably?
Maybe that's why I am so mind oriented the original signal to heal was received by my mind and maybe that's where the problem originated as well? I was maybe too receptive to the (hostile) environment I found myself born into? The unspoken signals?
I was hurt psychologically first that's the origin and then hidden pain all the memories all the regrets all the slights stored within.....but I believe there is healing potential in a lot of us especially in the ones who doubt or question things?
That is the first thing sometimes not to be content with how things are because they don't feel right is intuition speaking?
There is always a reason for that communication so trust it we have instincts for a reason?
I really do think that for some of us life can feel like hard work but then being born to a depressed and ambivalent mother I internalised that message I was hard work! I have been following that path ever since and just admitting that is freeing?
Revelations come when we open ourselves just you asking me about this subject helps me to remember that when I get lost I can find my way again?
On that note I think keeping a journal helps a process of self discovery and sometimes that is needed?
It's where we pay attention to ourselves and what's troubling us or helping us and why and a reminder that it's not trivial to examine your life it's not needless introspection or self indulgence if it matters to us that's because we matter as well and maybe we just need to acknowledge that?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Omg coming back to this today has been so heart-warming 🥰 Thank you all for sharing your experiences of shadow and inner child work - I've made lots of notes of things to look at 🙌🏻

@oddsock17 @ATV2021 @rainbowlemon @Misbehaving You are all truly wonderful human beings, realising and accepting you need to do inner work is huge and I'm sending you all lots of love! 🥰 Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Thank(space)you @Misbehaving

A few people IMO (and it is just my opinion) are overthinking, you don't have to have time, you don't have to do this and that etc, you can do those things but it's not necessary for things to get moving if you believe you need to do this and that, then you will have to do this and that.. same with opening your spiritual abilities it can be as simple or as hard as you make it.
You only have to flip your thinking for things to start changing. every time you find yourself thinking of what you don't want, flip it to what you do want and start believing it will happen. Starting small is easier than trying to bring all your dreams at once.
Hi! I just wanted to come back to this old message to say thank you for this reminder. With the end of my semester looking the past two weeks I definitely got into the mindset that "I'm not doing anything to work on myself" or "I don't have time for that right now" and this message really reminded me that even the smallest things like taking time to be grateful for what I have before bed each night or even changing the way I think IS a way of self improvement and it doesn't always have to be something I sit down and dedicate like 15-20 minutes to. Hopefully I can do more bigger steps now that I have time but I want to be kind to myself and value the little steps too : )

And of course, as usual, thank you to everyone who posts their meditations/book/ podcast recs on here because they are so useful for someone thats just starting out! Even just having this community is a boost.

• Heart
Met up with a couple of friends I've not seen in ages and it turns out one of them has gotten really in touch with her spiritual side roughly the same time I did. Was so lovely to talk about with someone who gets it

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Okaaaay so I know you guys won't judge this (my hubby and fam think I'm mad 😂)
Has anyone looked at subliminal messages for physical things such as manifesting flat stomach/change of eye colour/hair growth/rid of stretch marks/smaller waist/beauty? So I spent yesterday looking at them and putting some on in background whilst doing mundane round the house stuff, they're all pretty short and the comments are all positive. I focused on beauty one as I've been down about my skin and looking tired and flat tummy one. Today I swear my skin so much better, I am happy with looking in mirror and my tummy is flattest its been in a while despite coming up to my period.
Now I've researched the hell outa this and seems to point to the fact this is possible and not just my thought process changing. Everything is energy after all even our appearance.
I don't really care what it is but I thought I would share as the results were superb and there are literally subliminal videos for everything you could think of 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Okaaaay so I know you guys won't judge this (my hubby and fam think I'm mad 😂)
Has anyone looked at subliminal messages for physical things such as manifesting flat stomach/change of eye colour/hair growth/rid of stretch marks/smaller waist/beauty? So I spent yesterday looking at them and putting some on in background whilst doing mundane round the house stuff, they're all pretty short and the comments are all positive. I focused on beauty one as I've been down about my skin and looking tired and flat tummy one. Today I swear my skin so much better, I am happy with looking in mirror and my tummy is flattest its been in a while despite coming up to my period.
Now I've researched the hell outa this and seems to point to the fact this is possible and not just my thought process changing. Everything is energy after all even our appearance.
I don't really care what it is but I thought I would share as the results were superb and there are literally subliminal videos for everything you could think of 😊
Thanks for sharing that information @oddsock17 that's really interesting and I'm happy that it's working for you. I may well try that in the future! (I have a few post pregnancy issues)!
I was browsing in Amazon today for some last minute shopping and I came across the book by Bruce Lipton the Biology of belief basically about power of our minds to affect changes in our body (including) healing on a cellular level amongst others?
That's something I would really like to read up on and epigenetics in general.
Apart from anything else it just makes me feel so much more positive knowing that change is both possible and probably quite easy to do and enjoyable?
I wish us all luck on our individual journeys this is a great thread for inspiration and encouragement and for having a non judgemental atmosphere I love it.

• Heart
I have got a bad knee. I like the sound of willing it better. If only I could muster up the self belief.

I remember a documentary in the 80s about a little boy with cancer who was taught to see his cancer as a dark force and himself as a light force and he imagined himself in a space type ship blasting away at the cancer bit by bit over a few mths and it worked.

Kids have a huge belief in magic and mystical things. imagine if schools taught children the power their own imagination has. This world would be amazing

Reactions: 5
I remember a documentary in the 80s about a little boy with cancer who was taught to see his cancer as a dark force and himself as a light force and he imagined himself in a space type ship blasting away at the cancer bit by bit over a few mths and it worked.

Kids have a huge belief in magic and mystical things. imagine if schools taught children the power their own imagination has. This world would be amazing
My friend's son (in his twenties now and fit and healthy) had cancer when he was five and had a medical port. He was encouraged by the nurses to give the port a name, he called his Thor because he was really into Vikings and told us that Thor was his helper and was giving him special medicine to make him better.

He was so young his parents didn't get into huge details of his illness with him. Just that he had a sick tummy and needed special medicine for a while to help him.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Tell me more. I am in a stagnant phase so that resonates.

This link is interesting. I love Chinese Medicine. I will need to look into the link between my kidneys and knees

Reactions: 2
I’m not sure if this is the same thing but I have mild chronic sciatica that only flares up if I become stressed or overwhelmed. Well, recently instead of taking pain, I’ve been focusing on the pain and closing my eyes and imagining my pain disappearing and going for a run. It was very odd but it actually made the pain disappear, I truly believe the human mind can do so many things beyond our understanding ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.