Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

and nothing happens

I don’t get TOO heavily into it but when i was trying to fall pregnant I would keep the thought in my head all the time of me sitting on the couch at home, holding a baby on my arms in a white babygro. And I would focus on it so much, the sounds, smells, how calm and happy I felt, etc. And just try to send it out into the universe. I would also “speak” to my baby but inside my head, just saying that I knew they were coming and I couldn’t wait to meet them etc. It all just helped me to stay positive and focussed and feel like I was manifesting something. I had been TTC for 3 years and fell pregnant 2 months after I started manifesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

boomska

Chatty Member
I thought I’d start a thread about law of attraction / manifesting.
It’s something that I’m interested in & I definitely do think there’s something too it. But I’m definitely in the beginning stages of it and have still got limiting beliefs. Any YouTube/books recommendations?

Obviously if you’re not a fan or a believer, please keep your opinions to yourself and be respectful ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
I have been doing this for a few years now. I have gone from robbing Peter to pay Paul to having savings and not being short at all. All I did was change my mindset from worry and lack to counting what I DID have as blessings.

Been teaching three of my grandchildren and they are trying to get me a lottery win. they imagine me and them all happy jumping up and down with our ticket and imagine us living in an amazing house etc. Ive not won a biggie but these are my recent wins I have one ticket.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I wished for another baby every day after we lost our darling boy in 2021 at 24wks when he was born sleeping. I'm currently 20wks pregnant with our rainbow baby who doesn't have the same anomalies he did. Our oldest son has been wishing every day sometimes several times a day and I can't wait to tell him at the end of the month when I have my gender scan that his wish has come true that his wee brother has sent him a baby from heaven to look after while he he watches from heaven

• Heart
Reactions: 25

House of Tea

VIP Member
This is probably going to sound odd but I have been trying to feel more gratitude this week. That isn’t the odd part! Earlier this week I asked whoever there was listening to show me a sign - I asked the universe to show me a snail, show me that the universe was listening. (I don’t have a garden, and I don’t see snails, nor do I ever think about them.)

Yesterday I was feeling less positive. Last night I went to stately home which is having a winter lights festival. I was just walking around the grounds in the dark, just going through the motions, looking at the periodic light displays. When we came to the next one, I though, yeah lovely. Then realised that the centre piece was a snail made out of wicker. It stopped me in my tracks. It was a bloody random thing! It also cheered me up.

I am choosing to believe that was my sign. Am I being bonkers?

• Heart
Reactions: 24

xyzcba

VIP Member
Wonderful news @Misbehaving! So glad you have your cat home.

On the positive news train... You might think I'm mad, but I have to share.

We had a long road of infertility which ended up with us having to have IVF. I'd read a book called Trying to get Pregnant (and succeeding) where she talks about visualisation.

Before our treatment started, every time I looked at our open bedroom door I would picture a little boy walking through it. We were very lucky to be successful with the IVF. And this weekend he toddled through the bedroom door to me, babbling away. Just as I'd pictured ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24

definitelynotvlad

Chatty Member
I’ve not posted here for a wee while, last time I posted it was about recurrent miscarriages & feeling generally frustrated with life. I had some lovely advice and well wishes, and it helped me to change my mindset from cross and frustrated to open and accepting. I started actively manifesting what I wanted from life, writing down my intentions and also went for some acupuncture sessions. Happy to say I’m now 12 weeks pregnant! I really do think adjusting my mind set helped. Nothing else changed health-wise, and we’d recently moved across country to a place where we don’t know anyone which wasn’t exactly a low stress endeavour!

I just wanted to pop back and say thank you for the kindness & advice I received back in December / January time 💞

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
Firmly believe in things like this and I’m parking myself here as a placeholder for this thread.

My 2021 started horrifically - I hated my job and I was unfortunately taken ill - I decided to change my mindset and I ended up saying to myself every single day “in the next six months I will be a healthier, wealthier better version of myself” and from the time I was taken ill in January to May this year, exactly that happened.

My health has slowly but surely gotten better and I moved into a new job in May this year, with less stressors and more money. It completely changed my way of thinking in terms of projection and being positive with what you put out there and/or tell yourself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
So I asked the universe to show me a snail if I'm on the right path and what I'm manifesting will come to me. As my faith has been a bit wobbly. Its not been raining here so not expecting to see any snails.

My daughter just showed me a video she's watching on YouTube.... its about snails. I genuinely teared up 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
You don't need to read books or watch 100 videos. All I did was change my mindset from lack to abundance.

Did I have a roof over my head.. yes
did I have food in my belly... yes
did I have an income coming in ... yes.

Then I was abundant and had more than so many in the 3rd world. it was like something clicked in my head. I stopped seeing my top floor flat as a curse, stopped seeing my crap diet as a curse and stopped looking at my income as crap.

If I see money on the floor I would pick it up and in my head go wooohooo YAY!!!! even if it were just a penny

Anyway as I said before things just started to change I didn't have any more income but it seemed as if I had more and now I live in an amazing village in a lovely bungalow and my income is twice what it was even though I am on disability benefits nothing has changed only my mindset.

I cut out from my life all those people who drag me down with negativity or at least not be round them so much.
You also need to help the universe to help you. if you want something start doing things to bring it to you. don't just think about it, but be proactive.
as the joke goes about the miser who thought the lord had forsaken him because he never won the lottery.. every week he cried that the lord didn't help him until finally the lord shouted "at least meet me half way and buy a ticket!! 😂

This is the video I showed the children it's simple and to the point and unlike all those out to make money off you, its very uncomplicated

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Glittery1

VIP Member
I manifested 4 stone weight loss and my 3rd promotion in 12 months, giving me a total wage increase of £20K! I was earning £25k in 2020/21 and I now earn £45k plus bonus

LOA has been on my radar since around 2014, however I would say that I still don’t really understand it and I have a lot to learn. Maybe 2023 is the year for me to do this!

I started Francesca Ambers LOA changed my life podcast in January last year and I love it - I listen every week. However what I will say is I think it’s really just her story on repeat, it doesn’t really tell you how to implement the practices into your own life? She had Canny Crystals on as a guest and I’ve listened to his podcast since then -he’s very good.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Glittery1

VIP Member
Wow I found a vision board I made when I first discovered LOA in 2014 & actually even though I had put this away & forgotten that I made this lots of the things have came true!

1. I wanted to work from home - I’ve been in a fully remote role and not been in an office in 5 years ✅

2. I put a Range Rover on it - that’s what I now drive ✅

plus lots of smaller personal achievements…

And trust me when I say this I’m not even exaggerating when I made that vision board the thought of me driving a Range Rover then would have made me cry - there’s no way that was in my reach then! I drove a 20 year old car, with bits held together with tape, no central locking, the windows didn’t work, etc. It was so embarrassing. I remember when driving it I would look at the steering wheel and imagine it was a Range Rover. That’s now my reality and I’m so so so so grateful 🥲

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Crabbypatty00

I manifested aged 11 before I had any idea what it was. I really wanted to get into the local grammar school so I spent my time looking around it pretending I already went there, imagining every detail. I imagined opening my acceptance letter etc and I got in!

Years later after moving back from abroad with absolutely nothing, no house job etc I decided I wanted to work three days a week at a particular type of job, pictured it, decided it and amazingly found an ad, applied and got the job!

A few years after that I had just ended a relationship and drunkenly wrote down the list of qualities, interests and even stuff like wanted to live in my home town etc that my "dream partner" would have. I found that list a few weeks ago and it's an exact match of my partner of 7 years! (Stupidly I forgot to put millionaire as a key point!)

I then decided exactly the type of dog that I had wanted for years, colour, breed, name, even randomly to be fairly small for breed(?) A few months later the lady at the supermarket was discussing with the woman in front of me that she had just bred a litter if puppies... Got talking to her. Yep, I have the exact dog I dreamed of and she's now 5!

I then decided that I wanted to buy a house although it seemed basically impossible at the time. I somehow - not so clear on this one - manifested exactly half the deposit money. It involved a car accident which I had not planned but hey, it got me closer and with some luck and hard work wrangled the rest together.

I then pictured the type of house, obsessed about it, planned it, haunted Rightmove everyday for YEARS. Our budget was 2 bed terrace new build with help to buy at best, but through a weird series of events we managed to buy a three bed detached with large garden!

Before you throw up in your cornflakes muttering jammy bitch I just wanted to say two things. 1. Being sure of what you want, visualising it, thinking about it, dreaming of it DOES WORK.

2. I have totally lost my mojo, and can't seem to think what I want my next move to be. I want a different career. Mines ok but doesn't pay as well as I would like and doesn't fit my life, or how I would like it to be. But bugger if I can think of what I DO want enough to being it about! I'm totally stuck, can't concentrate on what I want (because I can't decide) and going no where! It's so frustrating because if I could only work out what I'm aiming for I could start trying to get there! Any tips? Anyone figured this out?

Ps. In my quest to figure this out I took PP advice and downloaded Noor Hibbert. I like and her first task "ask the universe for a sign" worked in a spine tingly way.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

cushtybert

VIP Member
Just updating you from when I did the 5 by 5 method a few months ago, I wrote about the job I wanted and what company I wanted to work for, I got offered my dream job today. I can’t believe it, have been doing lots of positive things daily and writing things down. It works 🌟🌟🌟

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Universe has had my back with money the last few days and some unexpected free gifts. I've paid it forward by buying a crying lady some flowers.

The lady was crying so thought flowers would cheer her up. Turns out her 2 year old has just died. She's been on my mind ever since. My heart has broken for her

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Please can you all send me some good vibes. Have had a lot of shit hit the fan, been around emotionally draining people and I'm finding life hard rn

• Heart
  • Sad

Sassysaz

Chatty Member
Thank you for all the suggestions! Do you visualize as yourself in like first person or is it more third person/outsider perspective?

Best of luck with getting the job! I'm sure you will get it :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Thank you for all the suggestions! I have never heard of 33x3 but I look forward to learning more about it! Are the signs you ask for just random things or things you genuinely want? I used to do affirmations as well and it really helped my mindset and anxiety and helped me do well on a job interview but I fell out of the habit! Definitely a good reminder to get back into it!
I got the job I mentioned above.

• Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I never thought there was anything in manifesting before, but I might need to look into it a bit further now. I was just talking to my husband about an air fryer that I'd seen in Asda for £59. Ten minutes later and I'd won £60 on the family Grand National sweepstake. See you tomorrow, air fryer :ROFLMAO:

• Heart

and nothing happens

That’s amazing!! A win is still a win! My issue is letting go, when I put it out in the universe, it’s all I can think about it and get upset when it doesn’t happen after 24hrs x

Awwww I’m so happy for you!! ☺ How often did you do this? Once a night? Once a week? That’s my issue and I can’t seem to let gooo xx
Thank you 😊 Just throughout the day when I had a few minutes free I would “chat” to my baby. And I would sit at some point every night quietly and visualise me holding it and really try to project that feeling out into the universe. People thought i was mad probably lol, but it really helped me to hold onto a positive feeling when going through the helm that is long term TTC.

Oh and I didn’t put a timescale or any pressure on myself. I just projected the feeling that this was going to happen, my baby was coming and I was so calmly sure of it and I really tried to protect that out.

• Heart

Misbehaving

VIP Member
I think this is a really interesting video and it really resonated with me. I love his clear concise style and presentation, plus I feel instinctively that the information is very relevant and useful.
I mean this is the foundation of manifestation isn't it? (As far as I can make out) not to mention possible enlightenment?
Food for thought :unsure: (and yes I will be following it up further because he leaves a link for a more in depth explanation in a follow up 50 minute video), which I will definitely watch.

How is everyone else's manifestation journey going?
I had some good news recently (I don't think I shared it before) but basically when I did the manifestation exercise a few months a go that I posted previously (where you write down what you want to manifest and in my case I slept with it under my pillow) one of my requests was that I wanted to get my cat back

He had been missing for 3 years.

Well once I finished the exercise my husband got a phone call from a man called Alex about how they had taken in a stray cat and they had found out his identity chip number (after taking him to the vets) and they scanned the number and our details came up. We then went to collect him.
I was so happy (because I had been scared that I'd lost him) there he is above on my profile pic!
Lex the cat who came back....❤😽

So just don't stop believing.....dreams can come true.

• Heart