Law of Attraction / Manifesting ✨

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought this was a really interesting article about manifesting? So I'll just leave it here.
I personally have often felt quite conflicted, sometimes, as in the more positive and proactive I become, the more i feel (repressed) negative emotions emerge?
As a child I was brought up in a family that, tbh were not comfortable in expressing emotions, (seen as bad), and I have always struggled to accept (disallowed emotions)?
So that literally hurt my feelings, but seeing as feeling is imo the easiest way to access the spiritual world and intuition, that's left me at a bit of a disadvantage?
Not allowing myself full access to a range of emotions, has left me feeling a bit stunted?
Also has led me to indulge in the dreaded toxic positivity mindset....so easy for me to succumb to...🌈☠
That's not helping me!
I guess it's time to return to the shadows (work) again for me? 🤷‍♀️:p

Thank you for reading this!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I thought this was a really interesting article about manifesting? So I'll just leave it here.
I personally have often felt quite conflicted, sometimes, as in the more positive and proactive I become, the more i feel (repressed) negative emotions emerge?
As a child I was brought up in a family that, tbh were not comfortable in expressing emotions, (seen as bad), and I have always struggled to accept (disallowed emotions)?
So that literally hurt my feelings, but seeing as feeling is imo the easiest way to access the spiritual world and intuition, that's left me at a bit of a disadvantage?
Not allowing myself full access to a range of emotions, has left me feeling a bit stunted?
Also has led me to indulge in the dreaded toxic positivity mindset....so easy for me to succumb to...🌈☠
That's not helping me!

Thank you for posting this :)
I’ve been reading through this thread and I’d love to be able to follow the guidelines for manifesting good things.
I’m suffering quite badly with anxiety at the moment though, and low mood, and it genuinely scares me to think that I might bring about the things I worry about by worrying about them!
It’s calmed me down a bit reading your post and the article you linked to.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi all ❤

I’ve realised this week that I’m manifesting some things but not others.

I have manifested a bit around podcasts. I wanted to be on podcasts this year, and already I’ve been on one, and I have another three lined up. I have also started my own 💫

I’m still really struggling around my business and money though. I’m starting to wonder if I can manifest something like being on podcasts, then it has to be something blocking. I thought I had worked through my money blocks, but maybe there’s more.

Does anyone have any good reading around money blocks and manifesting?

Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That's not helping me!

Thank you for posting this. I have been unwell with a very bad salivary gland infection, time of the month and just feeling really low and under the weather. But then I begin to panic that im not thinking happy thoughts ir being positive. The more I moan how tired I am or how much pain im in, the universe will give more tiredness and pain to me!

• Heart
Thank you for posting this. I have been unwell with a very bad salivary gland infection, time of the month and just feeling really low and under the weather. But then I begin to panic that im not thinking happy thoughts ir being positive. The more I moan how tired I am or how much pain im in, the universe will give more tiredness and pain to me!
I hope you feel better soon 💓 it's horrible how clusters of sickness, seem to come at the same time, and it can be difficult to find respite, sometimes.
I am going through my own bad patch at the moment (co vid again!) and have been practically bed bound. No fun, hardly sleeping and with gastrointestinal issues and then the bloody hacking cough! Lovely 😛 So I feel for you, right now,❣it is tough.

This time though I'm just accepting it, and going with the flow, I hate being sick (who doesn't?) but I told myself (because this thread also inspires me) that this time I will cope with it as best I can.
So this time I made myself as comfortable as possible, I got a good list of films on netflix, I got my husband to shop or got in takeaway....I tell myself I'm lucky to be able to do that.
I do my theta meditation video's before sleep, and when my cough was really disturbing me it helped calm my nerves and I slept afterwards....
I just think yeah I can do this.... remember the coping mechanisms... remember the tools you have learnt?

Surrendering, letting go, not being hard on myself all help? I caught myself having a bit of a meltdown the other day (quite comical as I can't shout, just screech :D)...then I thought ok...hang on I'm being ridiculous here....there is another way to deal with this.
So I went downstairs and explained to my husband what I needed and asked for help.
I think having (or reminding myself) of a mindset of manifestation (gratitude) helped me to do that.
I haven't always been the best at being assertive, and had a I'll go it alone mentality...but that's the fastest way to burn out isn't it?

The universe I think or abundance in general, reminds us that we are not alone, and asking for help and support when really needed is just part of trusting life?
That took a lot for me to learn, but I remind myself it's ok to be sick or ill or bad tempered or needy so long as I am honest with myself.
When you're honest life responds to that, I feel this.... manifestation is not for liars! Or it is but that's a false paradise.....maybe that's the toxic positivity that's called denial, and yes I have felt pushed into that at times.
Like life was maybe for some of us so hostile at some point that we had to construct a different reality, one in which our needs were met!
People are ingenious! Thats a survival strategy right there! We all need to survive, but we need to live as well.
When the ideal or idealisation (and that's what denial is a projection of the ideal imo) doesn't work is when we can feel like we are not good enough or never will.

Chronic insecurity/anxiety can really be soul destroying though and it's this mindset that I am gradually moving away from.
First because we can rescue ourselves, I don't believe in the concept of a saviour anymore (I was brought up in a religious family). That was my Achilles heal,and people pleaser tendancies getting triggered?
We are all given gifts and tools even if they are hidden or we don't always see them.
So it takes the sting out of feeling needy or helpless for every bad state we find ourselves in, there is another corresponding state of helpfulness or courage as well.
This only comes though, when we accept our limitations, then we can work through them

I really believe that a lot of us suffer when we are ill because as a society we seem to be very stuck on the idea and execution of purpose and doing things and being productive even performative?
We've all had those times when we felt forced to put on a brave face, or soldier on, or felt guilty for not being able to give?
If anything this whole pandemic has taught me, that I really don't want to do that anymore!
It's ok to be sick, I'm not a performing seal, and the world isn't going to end if, my children eat pizza or I don't do the all the housework, etc etc..

All this buzz for example with influencers and be kind, but maybe the best way to be kind is not to have unrealistic standards (that society encourages, dissatisfaction is very profitable).....
Unrealistic standards or expectations of ourselves that is? We are here to live, to experience pleasure to be loved, and to be helped, as long as we help ourselves to that as well?
My point being that it's not normal to push ourselves beyond limitations day in day out, or try to do it all.
Yet life can be relentless (or feel like it) but then by facing up to that, and saying hang on that's not what I want, we can with practice get what we really want?
More time or more space or more pleasurable experiences, yes we can all do that. It is possible, when you go through the pain, it just adds to your appreciation of these precious things.
For me that's the real meaning of manifestation cultivating a sense of gratitude....and grace in times of uncertainty and stress.

We have all done this, we just need to remind ourselves?
I was the woman on the cardio ward doing Tai chi after heart surgery....I was the one that the lovely Italian doctor commented on that, she has a positive attitude, she wants to recover I can see that...and he gave me admiration for that! How humble and generous and kind people can be.
Our attitude does make a difference, and positivity does help but as a support to our vulnerabilities not a denial of them.

Thank you 💖 and @fusspot and all the other lovely people on this thread.I was down as well and that article just reminded me of perspective.
Sometimes we all need that, I also needed to be reminded to trust life a bit more, (or universe) and not be so wary, pain is better dealt with understanding and kindness.
I matter I am a person I have needs, so do all of us and that's absolutely as it should be, we are all human and striving after a happiness (that if you have been programmed by narcissistic parents like me)was based on the promise of others, so never found within!
Well that turned out to be the biggest lie! That other people could provide the answers or play god, when all the time we have a higher power at our disposal, but that comes from us, I believe when we connect to source (intuition) and love ourselves, not egotistically but with the awareness of limitations that pain brings, just makes it all the sweeter, when we eventually ease beyond them, and that is more than possible.

Sorry this turned into another long post! Thanks again for reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm gonna frame this positively because I'm very aware of putting negative thoughts "on paper" will attract more of them.
I desire happiness. A fulfilling life.

I've just now asked the universe for help. I desire help to achieve a positive, loving, fulfilled life.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hey everyone! I was wondering if its possible to accidentally manifest negativity into your life. For example, when I am down or going through a hard time my overactive imagination tends to dream up really sad scenarios for my future - being unhappy in a relationship or something for example. It just hit me yesterday that maybe I am accidentally manifesting bad things into my life because of that. Is this something I should be worrying about? Is it possible to manifest negative things?

(Also thank you @Lisdiz that was a really useful resource!)

Reactions: 4
Hey everyone! I was wondering if its possible to accidentally manifest negativity into your life. For example, when I am down or going through a hard time my overactive imagination tends to dream up really sad scenarios for my future - being unhappy in a relationship or something for example. It just hit me yesterday that maybe I am accidentally manifesting bad things into my life because of that. Is this something I should be worrying about? Is it possible to manifest negative things?

(Also thank you @Lisdiz that was a really useful resource!)
Hope not. I do that all the time, catastrophising.

Hope not. I do that all the time, catastrophising.
yes! exactly this! I am a worrier and catastrophizer and of course the more I think up bad scenarios, the more I worry about accidentally manifesting so its a bad cycle to be in haha!

Reactions: 2
yes! exactly this! I am a worrier and catastrophizer and of course the more I think up bad scenarios, the more I worry about accidentally manifesting so its a bad cycle to be in haha!
I think it's just good to be aware of that thought process though? At least you are not just doing that automatically, without realising it?
I think most of us do it, it might just be about stress relief, maybe by controlling the dosage of it ourselves.
Once you are aware that your worrying and getting anxious or indulging in the worst case scenario outcome (I do this as well), you can take steps to emotionally distance yourself.
That's what I do now. I let it happen, watch the process and then I go and meditate.
As I feel myself letting go of negative energies and relaxing more, then I start to try to consciously manifest.
So maybe when we are in a negative place we are just manifesting unconsciously?
Awareness makes all the difference though, in prompting a mental and emotional and energetic shift in consciousness. 🤷‍♀️
So anxiety and worry I now see as something that I occasionally indulge in, but work through, for me it's not the final destination anymore, (probably because I have worked through a lot of pain and trauma already in this lifetime)and I'm determined that it won't dictate the outcome of things anymore.

Just moving away from what I don't want, and also reminding myself that's not the real me (victim)
Not identifying with the old and well worn out and (comfortable) negative patterns, anymore, but being thankful that they do exist (as mad as that sounds) because they did provide relief, at the time!
There is a lot of inherent strength (or security) in preparing for the worst (look at what's going on in the world) and by knowing that state, you are in a way reassuring yourself, well if the worst came to the worse I could deal with this?
That's what I think.

So give yourself that foundation (and credit for it) when times are hard you need provisions (in every sense), but then build upon it.
I really think that manifesting is the way of being conscious, and now we get to choose.....not just to be a passive victim of fate or circumstances, but to bring clarity and intelligence and empathy into our lives, and infuse it with meaning, and to have a rich and fulfilling emotional and internal life?
Enjoy the variety, reminds me of shadow work, the though being that we get to try the full range and variety of human experience and emotions...and that imo gives us depth and character.
That comes back to us I think in a meaningful way.
So that even if we do manifest, for example, something negative, or that we would think of as bad, it could be that actually we are just being taught a life lesson,(something we needed to learn) or going through an experience that will actually enrich us in the long run?
That's just my thoughts anyway.
In the long run it's all good?
Just keep seeing the bigger picture (what you really want). 💓

Thank you for sharing this.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but every night or morning we comment five things we're grateful for each day?
I might struggle with 5! And I might repeat myself every day.

- I am grateful my knees don’t hurt as much and I managed to do a three mile walk before work.

- I am grateful I saw a robin. Robins are my thing, they cheer me up when I see them.

- I am grateful they I can access materials easily to grow myself mentally or for self care (Podcasts, downloadable books, internet).

- I am grateful that despite feeling anxious about the week ahead I slept really well.

- I am grateful I can work from home today, and I have managed to cross a crappy job off the list.

• Heart
I am grateful to my gp who has gone out of her way to make sure that my mouth is better (had a very painful infected salivary gland ). She has been phoning me most days and has seen me straight away.

I am grateful that my husband is doing really well in his new job and is earning more money.

I am grateful to my friends, family and colleagues who have been checking up on me and looking after me.

I am grateful for a good nights sleep finally, last night I slept really well! (Pain medication has worked wonders)

I am grateful that my family and friends are healthy and happy 😊

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.