Lauren Goodger #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often think of ladies in this position. I was a child when I had my first, he was quite premature. He was on the neonatal unit and I was with all the women who had their babies with them. It broke my heart because I didnt know if I would be going home with my baby. I know the nhs is pushed but they really should have totally separate wards. Maybe now they do. It was along time ago for me.
This was the same for me when my son was born 8 weeks prem. It was excruciating lying in a bed on the ward with 3 other beds with women with their newborns whilst mine was struggling to live in the neo natal ward. The 'girl' opposite was off her head most of the time. She had a black eye and the nurses said her baby had a drug dependency due to her taking drugs whilst pregnant. He cried non stop and she was asleep a lot, ignorant of her crying baby.
It was heart wrenching wanting to be with my baby and listening to the other mothers cooing or their babies crying like the one opposite. I had severe pre-eclampsia and having very high blood pressure too all this could not have helped either.

I had a stillborn baby boy at 24 weeks followed by a healthy girl and then when my waters broke with my second son a month early I called the hospital and they told me to come in straight away just in case. Good job I did, I had him two hours later. Just to round off my pregnancy journey I then had a very traumatic ectopic pregnancy which ended my hopes of a big family. We then lost our teenage son in a RTC four and half years ago which eclipsed everything weā€™d ever been through. You never get over losing a child/baby, sometimes we forget how precious life is until itā€™s gone or in danger.. ā¤
so so sorry for your loss xxxx

A lot to unpick in the article, and as usual contradictory statements. This is what Iā€™ve gleamed from it:

ā€¢ Lauren wanted a home birth with the midwife that delivered her first child;
ā€¢ We are unsure if this midwife is a private one or NHS;
ā€¢ The Naked Doula (Emma) was not mentioned and neither was the birthing pool in the context of being used at any time;
ā€¢ The article states she called the hospital when her waters broke on 6th July (not her midwife) who advised her to stay at home under midwife supervision because of risk of infection;
ā€¢ Her midwife visited on 6th took both their vitals which were fine. Lauren was not worried as she felt her birth with Larose was ā€œtextbookā€;
ā€¢ She stayed at home on 7th July, her waters broke again which she said might indicate the baby becoming more engaged and therefore the cord compromised but ā€œthere was no distress and she had a strong heartbeatā€. It is not clear who came to this conclusion or how - Lauren or midwife monitoring and how they were monitoring;
ā€¢ On 8th July Lauren breastfeeds Larose and this brings on contractions. Tamzin (midwife) comes over and cannot ā€œfeel her heartbeatā€ so calls an ambulance;
ā€¢ Lauren is taken by ambulance to the hospital where she gives birth in a private room;
ā€¢ She says she is told Lorena had a low heart rate and was attended to by 10 doctors. She also says she thought theyā€™d found a heartbeat but they hadnā€™t;
ā€¢ The hospitalā€™s statement reads: ā€œLauren was brought to our hospital in an ambulance after her midwife was unable to detect a heartbeat during a home birth, and despite the best efforts of our staff, sadly we were unable to resuscitate Lorena.ā€
ā€¢ So Lorena was not born alive and Lauren is having an autopsy to understand why. So at the moment she doesnā€™t know that Lorena was a ā€œhealthy babyā€ as there may be some underlying condition that was not spotted or could not be known, or her death may have been caused by complications of a prolonged labour not spent under constant medical supervision.

Itā€™s obvious that certain parts of the account are confused probably because of the state that Lauren would have been in at the time - for example thinking there was a heartbeat but there wasnā€™t, the 10 doctors working on Lorena (seems a bit high to me). I think The Sun donā€™t help with the way itā€™s written either.

As others have said, the idea that the hospital would have allowed her to go 2 days after her waters initially broke without asking her to come in, particularly at 40+ weeks seems strange to me. She wasnā€™t under constant supervision by a medical professional if Tamzin was her only support so Iā€™m unsure how the regular monitoring could have been done.

I wonder if the answers given by the autopsy will give her the peace of mind she craves.
You've beaten me to it. Firstly no parents should have to go through this and my sympathies are with them both.

The stories now in the Daily Fail and even more confusing.

DM states her waters broke on June 6th (obviously 6th July-such bad reporting).

Loz states it was a textbook pregnancy and birth. But according to the hospital and her words no heartbeat was detected. The hospital stated this was during the home birth. So could it be that her waters broke and she still wanted a home birth? Maybe the doula came over to set up the home birthing pool the next day (Loz states it's in the corner of the room set up still)? Then as the midwife came over and couldn't detect a heartbeat (which would have been very strong at such a late stage) she was rushed to hospital.
The issue with the knot could be a factor. As we do not actually know the exact date she was due we don't know if she was very overdue too which could have been a factor.

I can understand Lauren's confusion about the actual emergency birth. Sometimes we imagine things have been said/done because we really want them to be true.
It does sound like the baby sadly died in her womb and she will want answers. I just hope it isn't because she ignored advice from the NHS professionals and delayed going to hospital because she had her heart set on a home birth with the doula.
I've never heard of waters breaking twice but have found out that this can happen if the first water breaking 'leak' seals itself up.

RIP Lorena

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
She mentioned two knots in the cord, sounds like "true knots" .

My son was born by planned section as he was breech, however the surgeon said afterwards it was very lucky I'd had a section as there was a knot in the cord, had I laboured each contraction would have made that knot tighter and restricted oxygen to my son.

Had I laboured it would have hopefully been picked up through close monitoring but would have led to an emergency section.

It's a rare occurrence, I think about 1 in 2000 pregnancies, basically at some point the cord has been in a loop and baby has swum through it. It's also extremely difficult to identify on scans etc so not picked up pre birth.

Reactions: 15
She mentioned two knots in the cord, sounds like "true knots" .

My son was born by planned section as he was breech, however the surgeon said afterwards it was very lucky I'd had a section as there was a knot in the cord, had I laboured each contraction would have made that knot tighter and restricted oxygen to my son.

Had I laboured it would have hopefully been picked up through close monitoring but would have led to an emergency section.

It's a rare occurrence, I think about 1 in 2000 pregnancies, basically at some point the cord has been in a loop and baby has swum through it. It's also extremely difficult to identify on scans etc so not picked up pre birth.
Thats what i dont get, 2 knots is virtually impossible

I dont get the lying about her due dates either, she said she found out she was pregnant when Larose was 8 weeks old so she was at least 2 weeks overdue yet she is now saying she was 40 weeks pregnant?? Is that because its not perfect in her head if you go past 40 weeks? I cant get my head around it

Reactions: 17
I often think of ladies in this position. I was a child when I had my first, he was quite premature. He was on the neonatal unit and I was with all the women who had their babies with them. It broke my heart because I didnt know if I would be going home with my baby. I know the nhs is pushed but they really should have totally separate wards. Maybe now they do. It was along time ago for me.
They donā€™t. I had a preemie boy who went to SCBU in feb this year and ordinarily they put you on the postnatal ward with all the mums and their babies. Itā€™s barbaric and inexcusable šŸ˜” The NHS is a tit show honestly.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Interesting how the Naked Doula doesnā€™t get a single mention from Lauren.

Reactions: 21
Ordinarily I wouldnā€™t care, and I canā€™t say Iā€™m surprised, but the DM article says Larose when they mean Lorena and it seems doubly disrespectful to me.
  • Following a two hour birth more than ten doctors desperately fought to save Larose after Lauren was rushed to hospital

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Interesting how the Naked Doula doesnā€™t get a single mention from Lauren.
My theory is that the naked doula was involvedā€¦ and maybe Lauren now knows because she listened to her advice and not the medically trained professionals it may have been the wrong thing to do and possibly a factor in the untimely death of Lorena.
BYG would never want the world to know that this tragedy could have possibly been avoided if this is the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 44
My theory is that the naked doula was involvedā€¦ and maybe Lauren now knows because she listened to her advice and not the medically trained professionals it was the wrong thing to do. BYG would never want the world to know that this tragedy could have been avoided.
Yeah, this would be my thinking too. Some of the phrasing in the hospitals response makes me think this too. How terribly sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I have a 12 week old, I had PPROM at 36 weeks and they left me being monitored until 37 to have the baby. Howver I had meconium in my waters at 36+4 so they did an emergency c which was my plan anyway. Baby needed antibiotics and a few days in hospital. Bht heā€™s ok. I was allowed to go home when my waters went and Iā€™d been checked but I stayed in because I lived a way from the hospital and if anyting had happened I wanted to be there.

I canā€™t get my head around whatā€™s happened to Lorena but I suspect waters broke. Maybe some reduced movements but she didnā€™t realise and then things werenā€™t ok when the midwife went to see her at home for a check up and couldnā€™t find a HB so then theyā€™ve rushed her in bht sheā€™s had a stil birth OR baby was on life support and they turned it Off after 24 hours or something with her saybaby died after 2 days born sothatā€™s what I suspect.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, this would be my thinking too. Some of the phrasing in the hospitals response makes me think this too. How terribly sad.
Reading how she bathed her, dressed her, sang to her is so sad.
Poor BYG. This is why I think she is just trying to get on with it by enjoying laorses party the best she can, making a roast etc. I think she is trying to be all ā€˜business as usualā€™ there is no way inside she cannot be broken.
My heart goes out to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
My theory is that the naked doula was involvedā€¦ and maybe Lauren now knows because she listened to her advice and not the medically trained professionals it may have been the wrong thing to do and possibly a factor in the untimely death of Lorena.
BYG would never want the world to know that this tragedy could have possibly been avoided if this is the case.
yup. This.

the article is so full of obvious exaggerations and the fact she plastered floppy fanny all over social media then completely omits her involvement from history- they only appear in a tagged post together from late may. I hate to say it but I personally believe she shuns actual medical advice and involvement.

Thats what i dont get, 2 knots is virtually impossible

I dont get the lying about her due dates either, she said she found out she was pregnant when Larose was 8 weeks old so she was at least 2 weeks overdue yet she is now saying she was 40 weeks pregnant?? Is that because its not perfect in her head if you go past 40 weeks? I cant get my head around it
Even if she conceived when Larose was 8 weeks and found out 2 weeks after that, that would mean she was due when Larose was 46 weeks old. Making her 4 weeks overdue by the 8th of July. I think actually what was the case is her LMP was when Larose was 8 weeks old. Conceived when she was 10 weeks and found out around 12 weeks. Making her 2 weeks over due. Her line for the papers was ā€œfell pregnant when she was 8 weeksā€ so a slight twist for added shock I imagine.

I think sadly from the the article it seems poor Lorena passed before birth. The one thing that surprised me from the birth story was the hospital saying for her to stay home without checking her. When I had my 2nd baby when my waters broke almost 2 weeks overdue but no contractions they said I had to go in to check it was indeed my waters and with no meconium by them examining my pad and then Iā€™d be sent home for max 24h if not started. I know every trust is different but to still be at home 2 days later it sounds like some decisions where made outside of nhs guidelines. As is her right. But Lauren historically doesnā€™t make good decisions. I wish her peace and healing but looks like sheā€™s making the most of her publicity. Hope she gets the therapy and support she desperately needs. You canā€™t bury an experience like that under make up its so traumatic.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I think sheā€™s in denial. The sun and mole man are arseholes for doin this. Taking advantage of a bereft mother. Lauren will go back to being a knob im
Sure but itā€™ll be worse sheā€™ll likely have PTSD etc and I think we may see a spiral downwards šŸ«£

yup. This.

the article is so full of obvious exaggerations and the fact she plastered floppy fanny all over social media then completely omits her involvement from history- they only appear in a tagged post together from late may. I hate to say it but I personally believe she shuns actual medical advice and involvement.
I believe so too. This is Lauren - she has that attitude that she knows best.
She also had her heart set on a home birth had that naked doula div in her ear spouting all her tit like ā€˜donā€™t listen to professionals and know what your entitled toā€™

• Heart
So she didnā€™t pass away 2 days after giving birth like the daily fail and other news outlets were reporting.
I thought that from the start. It sounded from both L and Cā€™s posts that Lorena died either at birth or shortly afterwards.

Very sad but that Sun article is all over the place.

Lauren is very keen to keep up the ā€œeverything was textbookā€ narrative.
But sometimes things go wrong. Things completely out of your control.
Sounds like sadly Lorena was stillborn. An autopsy will help explain things but her story just seems so strange. She wants to keep up the ā€œeverything was perfectā€ narrative and I donā€™t understand.

I also just find photos of Loz off, the one where sheā€™s holding up a tissue especially seems really off...

Reactions: 19
From what I made of the story it seems like she stayed home contracting and breastfeeding Larose, and when the midwife came over on the 3rd day to check, couldnā€™t find a heartbeat and then she was whisked off in an ambulance. Two knots in the cord.

oh itā€™s all just so sad. Iā€™m 13 weeks pregnant and just cannot imagine the pain x
I am 37 +4 days and
If Lauren's waters broke on July 6 surely Tasmin would have been keeping an eye on Lauren to see how dilated she was especially the next day when she came to visit her again because if Lauren wasn't dilating enough it surely would have raised concern with Tasmin because according to the NHS website in a 2nd pregnancy the time from the start of established labour to being fully dilated is around 5 hours.
Maybe she refused the checks, i follow the naked doula who i believe is Laurens birth advocate and she talks about refusing checks a lot. I am 37 weeks pregnant and a lot of the doulas, birth advocates talk about refusal to be inducted, monitored, home birth is better ect. Its all so sad and seems like it could have been prevented šŸ˜­

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Just annoys me about how she had to slip in about people in the public eye who wouldn't say hello to her in the street messaged her.
I wondered if that was a subtle reference to the Wright familyā€¦they would never publicly show support or sympathy but I wondered if she heard from any of them privately and they were the ones she was referring to in that sentence?

Reactions: 12
I think sheā€™s in denial. The sun and mole man are arseholes for doin this. Taking advantage of a bereft mother. Lauren will go back to being a knob im
Sure but itā€™ll be worse sheā€™ll likely have PTSD etc and I think we may see a spiral downwards šŸ«£
I agree about the sun and that conehead manager (who if you watch their recent storyā€™s we are not allowed to call them a he)
But I think BYG was more than up for this. She has been long forgot by most of the public and the ones who havenā€™t forgot her laugh at her, she knows this too. I have no doubt she is using this tragedy to her advantage to get herself more followers and to gain sympathy.

Reactions: 23
I donā€™t usually comment on this, I just wanted to add that I also was on a heart rate machine in hospital lying on a bed for an entire day after waters breaking at 37 weeks, no contractions. As they didnā€™t manage to induce me within 24 hours (they ran over, then my induction took ages) I had to stay in for 3 days and they woke me and baby up every 2 hours doing obs and we had to have antibiotics. They came round to see me to tell me it was a ā€˜near missā€™ that they didnā€™t get the baby out within 24 hours like their policy states but in actual fact my hind waters had gone not my forewaters (the important one had not broken) and during birth they realised my baby was still in the fluid sac and this is what was making the birth take so long.

so itā€™s also possible that Laurenā€™s MW mistakenly thought her hind waters had gone and told her not to worry. She then describes her 2nd waters breaking. I still donā€™t think they followed the correct policy unless Lauren refused to go to hospital?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.