Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I am a student midwife currently working within the NHS. Do we know anything about this midwife? Is she NHS or independent? Usually 24hours after SROM you would be invited into hospital for acceleration of labour. Of course any woman can decline this, but that would be against medical advice due to risk of infection and potential fetal distress. From the article, it sounds like Lauren’s waters were clear the whole time, no mec present.
she was then left 3(?) days with no CTG monitoring. If she stayed at home the whole time the monitoring would have been intermittent via doppler or pinard which is inappropriate for the situation, however if Lauren chose to stay at home rather than going in to hospital that’s the only option you have.

Then during contractions the midwife came back, couldn’t detect an FH, called an ambulance and they went in to hospital (finally).

Then I’m confused.

If they couldn’t detect an FH at hospital or visualise one via a quick ultrasound why did they start resus when she delivered the baby 2 hours later? They either diagnose an FDIU or they don’t.
If they did detect an FH when she came in via ambulance but they baby was struggling and looking hypoxic they would have done a cat 1 section to get the baby out within minutes and then they would have started resus.

It’s all in the details. The story currently doesn’t make much medical sense but I can’t imagine having to retell what happened when you’re grieving and traumatised. Especially when you don’t have the medical knowledge or correct terminology to explain it.

What should have happened is: waters go, you make your way into triage for assessment. If not in labour and waters are clear you go home and come back 24 hours later for acceleration and continuous fetal monitoring via CTG. This means we can monitor uterine contractions, monitor maternal heart rate and babes heart rate and we can see how baby is coping with contractions. This didn’t happen.

I want to know more about this midwife Tamsin.

• Wow
Reactions: 89

Allmyownopinion

Chatty Member
So in summary, her waters broke, she refused to go to hospital, she took advice from a non medical stranger & sat at home for 2-3 days because they’re both so stupid & arrogant that they wanted to push for the perfect home birth for publicity & mag deals. And the poor child died as a result. If she’d have gone to hospital she would have lived. Seems pretty clear to me. They should hang their head in shame. That article is disgusting.

• Sad
Reactions: 86

klairklopp

VIP Member
Similar happend to me waters broke 24 weeks, I was told if I delivered they wouldn't attempt to resuscitate. Ened up in hosp for a fair few weeks, reached 27ish weeks then was given steroid injections. I was allowed home on bed rest and had to come in daily for scans and ecgs. I went in to labour naturally at 31 weeks but I was due to deliver that day as drs suspected a infection.
I should point out I had 1 amniotic sack still in tact which kept producing enough fluid.

Births really are a miracle.
I had a stillborn baby boy at 24 weeks followed by a healthy girl and then when my waters broke with my second son a month early I called the hospital and they told me to come in straight away just in case. Good job I did, I had him two hours later. Just to round off my pregnancy journey I then had a very traumatic ectopic pregnancy which ended my hopes of a big family. We then lost our teenage son in a RTC four and half years ago which eclipsed everything we’d ever been through. You never get over losing a child/baby, sometimes we forget how precious life is until it’s gone or in danger.. ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 81

SoupDragon31

God… when you sit back and just take Lauren and the rest of them out of it, an innocent baby is dead… she never even got to feel her mothers touch (regardless of what we think of her mother) I hope Lorena enjoyed the comfort of her mama’s heartbeat and comfy tummy and I hope there was someone up There waiting to wrap her up in their arms. God forbid someone is at fault for this. My heart.

Lorena, I am truly so sorry to you. 💕

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
The day she announced that her baby had sadly passed I was annihilated on here for giving my utmost sympathy to the situation but saying that I found her adding music to her insta stories to announce the death was quite.. off. It shocked me because I didn’t see her post and just happened upon her stories and nearly died when I saw her story and the accompanying “goodnight my little baby” music. I was hopped on for judging a grieving mother, despite wording my post very sensitively and with consideration that she was probably acting irrationally at this point and I ended up deleting my post. But when I see how she has acted in the two weeks since, I now know my instincts were correct.

I can’t even imagine what it’s like to lose a baby and my heart goes out to her for that but I have absolutely no respect for how she is dealing with this since. Glammed up photo shoots and spilling private details when her baby isn’t even buried yet. I’m sorry but it’s not right. And yes, maybe she is grieving and acting irrationally but to be honest, this isn’t out of character for Lauren. It’s not unlike her to manipulate and exploit any circumstance for coverage. That little girl deserves better. I have never had any respect for Lauren since the cyanide thing and tbh this is only my second time ever commenting on her, I prefer to just ignore her but I’m just shocked at how she is exploiting this so soon and the glammed up photo shoots are just.. wow.

I’m not even going to comment on how the baby may have died or get in to any kind of blame game, my comments are entirely related to how she is behaving since and it’s just not right. She should have kept off social media for a good few months and processed this. Doing glamorous photo shoots two weeks after the death to “raise awareness” when you don’t even know what happened yourself is not going to help Lauren or anyone. It will just panic people, and cause unnecessary stress and upset to expectant mothers. And shame on The Sun for allowing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

NinaStar90

VIP Member
So guys. Honest Ninastar post. I've been struggling again with my drinking.
Go into a pub and this is what I see.
20220725_182155.jpg
I wish I had local scrunchies to meet with cos sometimes i feel so alone and this chat is the only safe space I have❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66

absolute-omnishambles

I don’t care that she’s selling her story, nor do I find it morally repugnant. The woman doesn’t have a pot to piss in, has lost her baby in a way that may have been completely unavoidable and Laorse needs a roof over her head and food to eat. This is her job sadly. I bet she wishes she was selling stories after winning Dancing on Ice, or a wedding exclusive after marrying a footballer- but she has ended up with the most tragic way of getting front page news possible.
However, I wish she was selling her story in a truthful way. That would be something positive and would raise awareness of LISTENING TO FUCKING DOCTORS. Bleating on/rewriting history about it all being ‘textbook’ is just dangerous.

And talking of dangerous, The Naked Doula is fucking menace. I see she has limited comments for lots of her posts. Unfortunately a culture where doctors don’t believe in endometriosis, deny women painkillers and anasthesia for painful invasive procedures and belittle women’s pain has created a rebellion of anti-medicalisation of birth and women’s health. Some women have horrific birth stories where the advocacy role of a doula would be great and well needed, particularly if she is a trained midwife- but it’s evolved into a trendy thing to do. Not everyone can be trusted to make sensible decisions, and these fucking charlatans use genuine instances of poor women’s healthcare to get business and turn women against healthcare professionals.

We know from her literacy skills and behaviour that BYG did not have the capacity to engage critically with a doula. We can see that from the sun interview where the echos back TND’s warning of infection risk doubling if you go in to hospital. We now know she was present too. How is her involvement not a crime? How is she allowed to practice? Oh wait, because she has no authority and qualifications and I could just declare myself a doula right now. I’d do a better fucking job.

We’ll never know as everything was ‘textbook’, but I believe BYG put her trust in the wrong place and TND and doula culture is responsible for Lauren not getting the monitoring she needed.

I’m so sorry for Lauren and little Lorena. RIP.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Allmyownopinion

Chatty Member
I'm really sorry i don't know how to spoiler but I've dipped in and out since the beginning,.i def remember haircuts.... and underwear chats 😳😳.
🤣 i remember trying to call one out for being very inappropriate but it seemed as if everyone else thought the sun shined out of ones arse. Although 1 members posts annoy me now , (it feels like I'm being shouted at 🤣 almost like she writes on caps lock ) the thread doesn't derail half as much as it used to. (She says whilst derailing , sorry)

I can just see moleman rubbing his hands together. Probably the fastest he's rubbed his hands together since marnies traumatic 1st birth.
I'd hoped Charlie's mum might have taken her under her wing but doesn't seem that way
I actually feel extremely sorry for Charles family. They’ve watched their quite young son be trapped by a woman hurdling towards 40 who obviously got pregnant deliberately within the first few weeks of meeting. Then completely sideline him from the child, never credit him etc even though it looks like he’s the only one who bothers taking her out etc. Then she immediately gets pregnant again, tightening the trap, for them to split, him to sleep with someone else & then she uses this as a storyline to vilify him in the press for months! Then she cuts him out of the stillborn baby’s story, implies blame on his part by the constant “I had no support/minimal support while pregnant” she’s a manipulative piece of work & I’d want to punch her face in if she’d treated my son like that!

• Heart
Reactions: 60

LokiPokiKaraoke

Newbie here but I joined Tattle because I like the brutal honesty of the opinions shared. So I'm confused as to how some are so easily offended.....an opinion is an opinion, if you don't agree with it or don't like it then move on!
Having lost a baby myself (premature, he lived for 2 1/2 hours).....I'm utterly at a loss on how she can be so public after such a short space of time! To 'help others'....yeah, of course, not attention seeking at all 🙄 I've spent 15 years blaming myself, and it makes no difference what anyone says, my body failed my child, the fact I had no control over it makes me feel no better. But instantly Lauren is ensuring she still looks like the 'perfect' Mother so will spin any old bull.
Has to be said too, if you're willing to put it out in the public eye like she has, then it's on her for whatever comes at her. She will delete what she doesn't agree with/doesn't agree with her 'story' and continue to live in her LaaLaa Lauren Land, where she believes her shit doesn't stink and those that don't like her are jealous of her....obvs!! 😜

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Snowfairy08

Chatty Member
My first suggestion and sorry if this is in bad taste

Thread title suggestion:
Lauren Goodger #67: A tragic loss for BYG but the show must go on for us all to see

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

JakeM

VIP Member
Thread title suggestion:

Laureen, Backgrid queen, victim of the dreaded wind machine

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

Clickbait

VIP Member
A lot to unpick in the article, and as usual contradictory statements. This is what I’ve gleamed from it:

• Lauren wanted a home birth with the midwife that delivered her first child;
• We are unsure if this midwife is a private one or NHS;
• The Naked Doula (Emma) was not mentioned and neither was the birthing pool in the context of being used at any time;
• The article states she called the hospital when her waters broke on 6th July (not her midwife) who advised her to stay at home under midwife supervision because of risk of infection;
• Her midwife visited on 6th took both their vitals which were fine. Lauren was not worried as she felt her birth with Larose was “textbook”;
• She stayed at home on 7th July, her waters broke again which she said might indicate the baby becoming more engaged and therefore the cord compromised but “there was no distress and she had a strong heartbeat”. It is not clear who came to this conclusion or how - Lauren or midwife monitoring and how they were monitoring;
• On 8th July Lauren breastfeeds Larose and this brings on contractions. Tamzin (midwife) comes over and cannot “feel her heartbeat” so calls an ambulance;
• Lauren is taken by ambulance to the hospital where she gives birth in a private room;
• She says she is told Lorena had a low heart rate and was attended to by 10 doctors. She also says she thought they’d found a heartbeat but they hadn’t;
• The hospital’s statement reads: “Lauren was brought to our hospital in an ambulance after her midwife was unable to detect a heartbeat during a home birth, and despite the best efforts of our staff, sadly we were unable to resuscitate Lorena.”
• So Lorena was not born alive and Lauren is having an autopsy to understand why. So at the moment she doesn’t know that Lorena was a “healthy baby” as there may be some underlying condition that was not spotted or could not be known, or her death may have been caused by complications of a prolonged labour not spent under constant medical supervision.

It’s obvious that certain parts of the account are confused probably because of the state that Lauren would have been in at the time - for example thinking there was a heartbeat but there wasn’t, the 10 doctors working on Lorena (seems a bit high to me). I think The Sun don’t help with the way it’s written either.

As others have said, the idea that the hospital would have allowed her to go 2 days after her waters initially broke without asking her to come in, particularly at 40+ weeks seems strange to me. She wasn’t under constant supervision by a medical professional if Tamzin was her only support so I’m unsure how the regular monitoring could have been done.

I wonder if the answers given by the autopsy will give her the peace of mind she craves.

• Sad
Reactions: 54

sassytammy

I am no fan of Lauren, but I don't agree that she shouldn't be posting about her daughter, or about her being made-up, with hair done.

I lost my last child, just before birth. I very nearly died giving birth after my uterus ruptured and they couldn't stop the bleeding. I wished they hadn't saved me at the time.

Despite the hole in my stomach, blood draining grief, I wanted to talk about her. I wanted (hoped) that eventually someone could help, someone could make it alright. I needed to talk and turned, mainly to MN and other forums to do so.

Despite my grief I had my hair cut and coloured before her funeral (which was an effort in itself as it wasn't a simple caesarean to recover from, as I'd had extensive surgery on uterus, as well as 4 units of blood and 2 of plasma.

I wore make-up to her funeral. I even managed to read a poem I wrote for her at it. I then became 'manic' (I have bipolar), when it was expected I'd become depressed.

There is no rhyme nor reason for how I acted...I just needed to shout it from the rooftops. I needed her to be known.

I'd never felt grief like it before, but two years ago I felt the same hole in the stomach feeling when my little brother died suddenly.

My dad died last year and I've been far more restrained and in fact feel numb more than grief-stricken. As if I cannot allow myself to feel that level of pain again.

As I said, I'm no fan of Lauren and she always was an attention seeker, but I won't pile on her for how she behaves right now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53

NinaStar90

VIP Member
I sat back and tried not to comment, but her behaviour is EXACTLY what I expected. She has no ability to self reflect or live in the real world.

I still find it flabbergasting that a woman who was in a crappy show a decade ago thinks she is famous when she is only still in the press for being a laughing stock. The DM buy the photos with the intention of writing "shows her amazing curves"/"pert derriere" knowing 1k comments will say she looks a state. The woman is pushing 40 and still acts like she's 21.

Ironically, in one of the first ever threads I said she needs to go away and settle with a normal guy, and stop trying to be famous- I'm sure I wrote "maybe a builder or something"- Wow, this was not what I meant 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

TommyShelbysWife

Chatty Member
So The Naked Doula put a 'Ask me anything' up on her stories, I put in the box what I thought about her and what she does, & how dangerous she is and guess what... She blocks me straight away.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50

Momohawk

View attachment 1445401View attachment 1445402
The paragraph above from the OK article I thought was a bit harsh to Chaz.5. She's practically blaming him for making it more stressful for her and saying she 'had very little help'. Don"t get me wrong, I'm no fan of either of them but whenever LaOrse is around her dad she looks so happy and she also posted him cooking her meals etc. I thought that was a bit harsh. I don't think that comment was appropriate. He is grieving too. Also, no photos of them together? It's all very strange tbh. 🤔
The latest report in Sky News says Charles Drury her 'ex-partner' - " Her former partner Charles Drury also shared his sadness at his daughter's death, writing on Instagram "she will always be with us".

I understand what she's saying but she didn't work during this second pregnancy (or the first for most of the time). She had a lot of meals gifted and delivered. She has(had) a partner who wasn't working a lot of the time too. She's had gifted clothing for herself and children, free weekends away, sofa cleaning, pram cleaning, house organising etc ALL FOR FREE
There's a lot of us single mums juggling school runs, bringing up babies and coping with pregnancy and WORKING at the same time. By all accounts she doesn't have any medical conditions or illnesses/disabilities. She claims (her words) she had a textbook pregnancy.

Life is tough, I get that but it's not as though she was a single working mum too. Sorry to be harsh. Most parents have to get up at 5am anyway, get the others ready for school/child minders, then take them to school before commuting/going to work in jobs for up to 10 hrs+, then coming home, after picking up said child(ren), getting on with making the tea etc, sorting out homework/reading, bathing then getting them ready for bed before they themselves sit down and have a minute before they think about laundry, cleaning, shopping etc. The life of working parents!! No freebies for 99.9999% of these parents who have to work to get everything that she got for doing NOTHING.

• Heart
Reactions: 50