Lauren Goodger #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a very sad birth story :( poor little Lorena 😢
I found it really triggering and I cried a lot even though I’ve never been through it but I am just confused she said a few weeks ago everything was ok can someone summarise so I don’t have to read it. I can’t imagine how awful this is. When I went into labour this student midwife led me past a room and she told me before I was in induced this is where ladies go who have still borns, all the way through 20+ hours I kept thinking of that room thank the lord I never had to see it but I really wouldn’t wish this on anyone 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
My waters broke at 35+4 i was given 2 doses of steroids and i was on antibiotics every 6 hours round the clock wasn't allowed home until i delivered had 2 CTG a day scan every 2nd day i ended up having a plancta abruption 36+4 rushed to theatre he was born 20 minutes later 11 days in SCBU although we never had an infection he was treated with antibiotics until they got his blood results back, he was a grumpy baby!!!
Similar happend to me waters broke 24 weeks, I was told if I delivered they wouldn't attempt to resuscitate. Ened up in hosp for a fair few weeks, reached 27ish weeks then was given steroid injections. I was allowed home on bed rest and had to come in daily for scans and ecgs. I went in to labour naturally at 31 weeks but I was due to deliver that day as drs suspected a infection.
I should point out I had 1 amniotic sack still in tact which kept producing enough fluid.

Births really are a miracle.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I found it really triggering and I cried a lot even though I’ve never been through it but I am just confused she said a few weeks ago everything was ok can someone summarise so I don’t have to read it. I can’t imagine how awful this is. When I went into labour this student midwife led me past a room and she told me before I was in induced this is where ladies go who have still borns, all the way through 20+ hours I kept thinking of that room thank the lord I never had to see it but I really wouldn’t wish this on anyone 😔
We were on low dependancy and there was only me and one other lady giving birth, we were both pretty quiet, so they moved someone into one of the rooms. Turned out I’d seen her being rushed off to surgery the night before, and sadly she was moved to the quiet ward due to high dependency being full of babies and noise, when she didn’t have a surviving baby 🥲 I always think of that mum

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I have summarised the article (see post #39). A few weeks ago everything must have seemed ok. They don’t know yet what caused the problem which is why Lauren is having the autopsy.

I can’t get over the student midwife saying that to you, it was strange and insensitive.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I have summarised the article (see post #39). A few weeks ago everything must have seemed ok. They don’t know yet what caused the problem which is why Lauren is having the autopsy.

I can’t get over the student midwife saying that to you, it was strange and insensitive.
Honestly I remember it like it was yesterday although I had loads of drugs this really stuck with me I was also a very anxious pregnant woman so this didn’t really help I’m not doing a tiny violin but anything to do with this subject I well up. I’ll go back and look I’ve been reading but I still think I’m none the wiser other than my waters leaked from me and once they found this out I had to push them to double check I was immediately sent for induction however inwas a week over at this point x

Reactions: 9
We were on low dependancy and there was only me and one other lady giving birth, we were both pretty quiet, so they moved someone into one of the rooms. Turned out I’d seen her being rushed off to surgery the night before, and sadly she was moved to the quiet ward due to high dependency being full of babies and noise, when she didn’t have a surviving baby 🥲 I always think of that mum
I often think of ladies in this position. I was a child when I had my first, he was quite premature. He was on the neonatal unit and I was with all the women who had their babies with them. It broke my heart because I didnt know if I would be going home with my baby. I know the nhs is pushed but they really should have totally separate wards. Maybe now they do. It was along time ago for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I often think of ladies in this position. I was a child when I had my first, he was quite premature. He was on the neonatal unit and I was with all the women who had their babies with them. It broke my heart because I didnt know if I would be going home with my baby. I know the nhs is pushed but they really should have totally separate wards. Maybe now they do. It was along time ago for me.
I was on the post natal ward when my little one was in NICU. Hearing them all crying through the night when I felt so alone was absolutely traumatising and I’ve never recovered.

❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

My son was in SCBU i was still in hospital but they tried as much as possible to keep me seprate from women with babies 2 nights i was in a ward with moms and babies. It is heart breaking not having a baby woth yiu, and its strange when people come to visit you.. but i asked for no visitors wasn't in the mood!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have just read a journal article and found this about a babies cord having two knots: A cord true knot is very rare, with a probability of occurrence of approximately 0.3%-2%. This occurs when the fetus flips in the amniotic sac and slips through a loop in the umbilical cord. With this in mind, the possibility of formation of two true knots in the birth cord is roughly zero. Sadly the article also stated the following: In addition, even if it occurs, it is almost impossible for the embryo to survive without a developmental disruption or other disorders. These true knots potentially prove fatal. More specifically, true knots can be loose and cause little disturbance to the blood supply to the fetus and only lead to SGA or IUGR, while tight true knots can cause abortion, IUFD intrapartum death, and stillbirth.
I read that too

Reactions: 4
I dont think it would be an NHS midwife as she would not be allowed to name her

Reactions: 18
It’s horrific what she has been through and my heart goes out to everyone on this thread who has been through similar ❤

I do however struggle to sympathise with her after everything this last week. Now a full on photoshoot and new face, staged photo of her crying and a full blown interview to make a bit of cash. It all just feels so wrong. I also don’t believe a word this woman says.

Reactions: 37
Can someone please summarise what has happened recently? Just heard her baby passed away, very sad. Without sounding cruel, heartless, I don’t want to go through all the articles online. Just a summary would be appreciated thank you

Can someone please summarise what has happened recently? Just heard her baby passed away, very sad. Without sounding cruel, heartless, I don’t want to go through all the articles online. Just a summary would be appreciated thank you
someone has posted a summary on the previous page

Reactions: 4
Similar happend to me waters broke 24 weeks, I was told if I delivered they wouldn't attempt to resuscitate. Ened up in hosp for a fair few weeks, reached 27ish weeks then was given steroid injections. I was allowed home on bed rest and had to come in daily for scans and ecgs. I went in to labour naturally at 31 weeks but I was due to deliver that day as drs suspected a infection.
I should point out I had 1 amniotic sack still in tact which kept producing enough fluid.

Births really are a miracle.
I had a stillborn baby boy at 24 weeks followed by a healthy girl and then when my waters broke with my second son a month early I called the hospital and they told me to come in straight away just in case. Good job I did, I had him two hours later. Just to round off my pregnancy journey I then had a very traumatic ectopic pregnancy which ended my hopes of a big family. We then lost our teenage son in a RTC four and half years ago which eclipsed everything we’d ever been through. You never get over losing a child/baby, sometimes we forget how precious life is until it’s gone or in danger.. ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 81
Everyone on here was gutted about Lorena. We all felt truly sorry for Lauren and Charlie. I really hoped she wouldn't try to monetize the situation but it looks as though she's going to I wonder if she'll try getting compensation too? Not that she shouldn't if they were in anyway to blame.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.