Lauren Goodger #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, copied over from last thread:

Yano said:
I did think maybe she had died inhaling the meconium? But she lost the heartbeat so she wasn't alive when she was born then? And her waters broke 2 days before the birth?? Thats bad right?
They normally give you 24hrs to deliver the baby once your waters break (any, front, hind, doesn’t matter) as there is an increased risk of infection.

If you don’t go into labour within that time they will want to induce you as per NICE guidelines. Women are of course able to decline induction but they normally will be asked to agree to additional monitoring etc. at this point a home birth is usually out the window/not recomended.

Important to stress, women are entitled to decide on their own care, and decline interventions but this is done against medical guidance.

Reactions: 29
Also, where has the information come from about getting an infection from hospital when your waters break? Surely that’s the first place you should be if you haven’t given birth within 24hrs, rather than waiting it out at home? Quite dangerous and possibly false (?) information The Sun is giving there.

I’ve experienced waters breaking early and I was in hospital for WEEKS to monitor baby and check for infections.

Surely that info can’t be right?

Reactions: 48

They normally give you 24hrs to deliver the baby once your waters break (any, front, hind, doesn’t matter) as there is an increased risk of infection.

If you don’t go into labour within that time they will want to induce you as per NICE guidelines. Women are of course able to decline induction but they normally will be asked to agree to additional monitoring etc. at this point a home birth is usually out the window/not recomended.

Important to stress, women are entitled to decide on their own care, and decline interventions but this is done against medical guidance.
Yeah I thought the same, waiting till two days after her waters broke doesn't sound right, also as someone mentioned she said no labour complications surely its a complication qhen you are at home giving birth and find there's no heartbeat and need to be rushed to hospital. Wither way this is the story she must be going with even tho its completely different to her post

• Sad
Reactions: 37

I was going to say the same thing. My waters broke with my first and there was no labour. I was booked in for an induction 24 hours later.

I think the article is leaning towards suggesting there was medical negligence involved . I’m not 💯 convinced that was the case though.

I did find that her account very emotive and difficult to read having had 3 losses of my own (miscarriages).

• Heart
Reactions: 35
There seems to be a disconnect in the article. A couple of times she references the "textbook pregnancy, textbook birth", but also talks about how everything went wrong when the midwife visited her at home after her contractions had started and couldn't detect the baby's heartbeat.

It's a very difficult read and you can feel her pain, she sounds very confused and traumatised 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Also, where has the information come from about getting an infection from hospital when your waters break? Surely that’s the first place you should be if you haven’t given birth within 24hrs, rather than waiting it out at home? Quite dangerous and possibly false (?) information The Sun is giving there.

I’ve experienced waters breaking early and I was in hospital for WEEKS to monitor baby and check for infections.

She has either been miss quoted or got it wrong. From my experience with both my babies. They like to limit the amount checks for dilation they do after waters breaking as interference ‘can’ lead to infection but they would still be having her and baby wired up to monitors. It doesn’t add up to me.

Reactions: 17
I
There seems to be a disconnect in the article. A couple of times she references the "textbook pregnancy, textbook birth", but also talks about how everything went wrong when the midwife visited her at home after her contractions had started and couldn't detect the baby's heartbeat.

It's a very difficult read and you can feel her pain, she sounds very confused and traumatised 💔
don’t know the picture speaks a thousand words as she poses with the prints

Reactions: 11

I wondered about that to, there’s definitely some misinformation in that article

Reactions: 10
She has either been miss quoted or got it wrong. From my experience with both my babies. They like to limit the amount checks for dilation they do after waters breaking as interference ‘can’ lead to infection but they would still be having her and baby wired up to monitors. It doesn’t add up to me.
I had no internal exams, just ECG’s every few hours on the baby to make sure heartbeat was ok and also swabs/blood tests for infection, but I was still v early and ended up having him prematurely.

If I was 40w I imagine they would bring you in ASAP ready for monitoring & delivery, no?

Reactions: 15
Reading this article is hard going, and I truly sympathise with the woman.

Again, days and numbers of days jump about, waters broke on the 6th, then was taken in on the 3rd day? I agree with others, this article seems to drift. I can imagine during a traumatic experience, recalling what happened can be hard. Just awful.

Sending love to those who read this article and it brings up memories ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I had no internal exams, just ECG’s every few hours on the baby to make sure heartbeat was ok and also swabs/blood tests for infection, but I was still v early and ended up having him prematurely.

If I was 40w I imagine they would bring you in ASAP ready for monitoring & delivery, no?

I was induced with my son last year. My waters broke on the ward and I was told that they would keep the monitors on me and the bump but would not be checking dilation regularly for risk of infection. Even when I was telling them I was ready to push they were reluctant to check. With my daughter my waters broke and there was no labour so I was induced the next day.

That whole article is very contradictory.

Reactions: 11

Yes I had the same, waters broke early and I was admitted to hospital and monitored constantly to check for signs of infection. When my temp and heart rate went up suddenly they put me on a drip to induce labour and baby was born within a couple of hours.

Another thing in the article. Lauren's water had broke two days ago and she started to get contractions when she was breastfeeding larose. So her waters had broke and she was still breastfeeding, again I have no medical info but should she be breastfeeding when her waters broke, I may be wrong, I don't have a clue also didn't know larose was still breastfeeding as she says she is on bottles sometimes. Somethings off with it all. It is horrible to read but none of it coincides with what she said. All this textbook tit. Why does she go on about it so much, like she wants to be seen as perfect, that may be why she added that she was breastfeeding larose, I just don't know anymore and am not really gonna wonder anymore, I have read the article, feel for her still for losing a baby, no matter how it happened but still think she is a full blown lying narcissist

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Same my waters broke they sent me home said if labour hasn't started within 24hours I would be started off. But I had to go back the next morning after 12 hours for 2 hour monitoring which then they kept me in as when I had a contraction the baby’s heart rate slowed. It was because he was facing upwards as he came out.

From what I made of the story it seems like she stayed home contracting and breastfeeding Larose, and when the midwife came over on the 3rd day to check, couldn’t find a heartbeat and then she was whisked off in an ambulance. Two knots in the cord.

oh it’s all just so sad. I’m 13 weeks pregnant and just cannot imagine the pain x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
If Lauren's waters broke on July 6 surely Tasmin would have been keeping an eye on Lauren to see how dilated she was especially the next day when she came to visit her again because if Lauren wasn't dilating enough it surely would have raised concern with Tasmin because according to the NHS website in a 2nd pregnancy the time from the start of established labour to being fully dilated is around 5 hours.

• Wow
Reactions: 17

The whole newspaper article doesn't make sense!

Reactions: 29
Struggling to understand why she would be for privacy then sell her story 2 weeks later. I highly doubt she will give any of Lorena’s baby things away to women in need. She blocked me for suggesting she do that with a Brest pump! She will sell all of it.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.