Lauren Goodger #66

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole newspaper article doesn't make sense!
I have just thought the same but by the sounds of it, it was a bit of a complicated day. Bless her!!! If she was told she had a heart beat then she was told she never did. But then she registered her birth and death, so she must have been born alive. What ever happend it sounds horrific.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
No complications but the cord had 2 knots? And the heartbeat...isn't her midwife not a midwife but a doula so might have been using a home machine ie not an accurate machine?

I have just thought the same but by the sounds of it, it was a bit of a complicated day. Bless her!!! If she was told she had a heart beat then she was told she never did. But then she registered her birth and death, so she must have been born alive. What ever happend it sounds horrific.
Oh that's a good point. So bizarre but it must have been so traumatic you won't remember every detail.

• Sad
No complications but the cord had 2 knots? And the heartbeat...isn't her midwife not a midwife but a doula so might have been using a home machine ie not an accurate machine?

Oh that's a good point. So bizarre but it must have been so traumatic you won't remember every detail.
I have just read a journal article and found this about a babies cord having two knots: A cord true knot is very rare, with a probability of occurrence of approximately 0.3%-2%. This occurs when the fetus flips in the amniotic sac and slips through a loop in the umbilical cord. With this in mind, the possibility of formation of two true knots in the birth cord is roughly zero. Sadly the article also stated the following: In addition, even if it occurs, it is almost impossible for the embryo to survive without a developmental disruption or other disorders. These true knots potentially prove fatal. More specifically, true knots can be loose and cause little disturbance to the blood supply to the fetus and only lead to SGA or IUGR, while tight true knots can cause abortion, IUFD intrapartum death, and stillbirth.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I read this and I immediately think of Amber Heard

don’t buy that “exclusive” at all but to her credit, face of full slap but nails of a woman
It's all bullshit. Does not make sense at all. 🤔 As for the photos........

Reactions: 21
I read this and I immediately think of Amber Heard

don’t buy that “exclusive” at all but to her credit, face of full slap but nails of a woman
Ah yes, she will “pledge” items to charity but somehow they’ll end up on deplop at prices that are less than charitable 🙄

Ah yes, she will “pledge” items to charity but somehow they’ll end up on deplop at prices that are less than charitable 🙄
Yet when one of the Scrunchies messaged her "why do you need four breast pumps? Why don't you donate the others to charity?", she got blocked. 🤔

My waters broke at 35+4 i was given 2 doses of steroids and i was on antibiotics every 6 hours round the clock wasn't allowed home until i delivered had 2 CTG a day scan every 2nd day i ended up having a plancta abruption 36+4 rushed to theatre he was born 20 minutes later 11 days in SCBU although we never had an infection he was treated with antibiotics until they got his blood results back, he was a grumpy baby!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yet when one of the Scrunchies messaged her "why do you need four breast pumps? Why don't you donate the others to charity?", she got blocked. 🤔
Sounds about right for BYG. Can imagine this article will raise some eyebrows and people will have questions. She’ll be a busy lass blocking most of her followers this week by the sounds of it, if they dare to ask a question about her article!

Reactions: 10
Absolutely heartbreaking.

Just annoys me about how she had to slip in about people in the public eye who wouldn't say hello to her in the street messaged her.

No one cares about that Lauren, they care about a mother who has just lost their child,.and a child who has lost their life

Reactions: 36
My waters broke at home. I went to hospital but my labour wasn’t strong enough so they told me to go home until i started having contractions closer together then come back.
Nobody was worried about risk of infection when they said go home have a warm bath and paracetamol before i started a more established labour. They just refused to do anymore internal examinations because of the risk.
My son was born around 7 hours later.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I've seen three articles about the party so far.
Haven't read any or clicked , but she's pouting away with her friends in the headlines.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Very dangerous to be left after 24hrs of waters breaking 🙄 Shame on that “midwife” aswel not pushing her to go to hospital. My waters broke before contractions started and I was told if contractions don’t start by the next morning (20hours later) I was being induced. It’s so dangerous not just for the baby but also for mum. I had her that same night but we both ended up very ill from an infection caused by my waters breaking. Sadly It’s looking likely that with early medical intervention this could have being avoided

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
It's still so soon, it's still so raw. I don't know if she felt like she needed to say something to stop the speculation, or quite why she's spoken so soon. Grief does strange things to people, and having to deal with such a tragic loss just before her other daughters first birthday must be such a difficult thing to do. Regardless of what you think of her, her emotions must be all over the place right now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Hello, lurker here 👀 to be fair, I was left for well over 24 hours after my waters broke due to duck up at the hospital during my labour. I ended up with infection that quickly developed into sepsis and both me and my baby nearly died. Unfortunately bad things during labour happen fast

• Sad
  • Wow
Very dangerous to be left after 24hrs of waters breaking 🙄 Shame on that “midwife” aswel not pushing her to go to hospital. My waters broke before contractions started and I was told if contractions don’t start by the next morning (20hours later) I was being induced. It’s so dangerous not just for the baby but also for mum. I had her that same night but we both ended up very ill from an infection caused by my waters breaking. Sadly It’s looking likely that with early medical intervention this could have being avoided
I’d imagine that she was listening to the naked doulas advice and was nothing to do with the trained midwife

Reactions: 26
A lot to unpick in the article, and as usual contradictory statements. This is what I’ve gleamed from it:

• Lauren wanted a home birth with the midwife that delivered her first child;
• We are unsure if this midwife is a private one or NHS;
• The Naked Doula (Emma) was not mentioned and neither was the birthing pool in the context of being used at any time;
• The article states she called the hospital when her waters broke on 6th July (not her midwife) who advised her to stay at home under midwife supervision because of risk of infection;
• Her midwife visited on 6th took both their vitals which were fine. Lauren was not worried as she felt her birth with Larose was “textbook”;
• She stayed at home on 7th July, her waters broke again which she said might indicate the baby becoming more engaged and therefore the cord compromised but “there was no distress and she had a strong heartbeat”. It is not clear who came to this conclusion or how - Lauren or midwife monitoring and how they were monitoring;
• On 8th July Lauren breastfeeds Larose and this brings on contractions. Tamzin (midwife) comes over and cannot “feel her heartbeat” so calls an ambulance;
• Lauren is taken by ambulance to the hospital where she gives birth in a private room;
• She says she is told Lorena had a low heart rate and was attended to by 10 doctors. She also says she thought they’d found a heartbeat but they hadn’t;
• The hospital’s statement reads: “Lauren was brought to our hospital in an ambulance after her midwife was unable to detect a heartbeat during a home birth, and despite the best efforts of our staff, sadly we were unable to resuscitate Lorena.”
• So Lorena was not born alive and Lauren is having an autopsy to understand why. So at the moment she doesn’t know that Lorena was a “healthy baby” as there may be some underlying condition that was not spotted or could not be known, or her death may have been caused by complications of a prolonged labour not spent under constant medical supervision.

It’s obvious that certain parts of the account are confused probably because of the state that Lauren would have been in at the time - for example thinking there was a heartbeat but there wasn’t, the 10 doctors working on Lorena (seems a bit high to me). I think The Sun don’t help with the way it’s written either.

As others have said, the idea that the hospital would have allowed her to go 2 days after her waters initially broke without asking her to come in, particularly at 40+ weeks seems strange to me. She wasn’t under constant supervision by a medical professional if Tamzin was her only support so I’m unsure how the regular monitoring could have been done.

I wonder if the answers given by the autopsy will give her the peace of mind she craves.

• Sad
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.