Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

secretlondoner

VIP Member
So I have been told that she did indeed quit of her own accord and the producers weren't pleased.

2 rumours going around itv:

1. She is the new big brother host
2. She has a totally different project lined up for next summer that she is very excited about, possibly tv acting

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I think the writing’s on the wall for this show, weren’t the ratings brutal last year? It’s only the sponsorships and the ad money that keeps ITV flogging a dead horse with it. They’re not reading the room. Caroline’s death has tainted the show for most people and time is up on these useless talentless instahuns who are just after their 30 seconds and PLT sponsorships, Covid woke people up to this and it’s been exhausted now.

I think ratings are going to tank again, there’ll be no standout contestants, Laura will be her usual charisma vacuum, Iain will be as funny as herpes again this year and that’ll be that. Might be handy for ITV to be able to blame Laura for it all.

Eureka

VIP Member
Sounds like she has an ITV contract that they are obligated to stick to. They don’t want her on the mainstream channels so they have come up with a project that they can keep her busy with until they can let her go.

Mybiscoff

It’s possible she didn’t get hired in for the role because of her husband, BUT she sure as hell isn’t getting the boot because of him… there is no other reason she’s staying for another year despite receiving an almost all-round negative feedback for her performance and LOUD public outcry for someone else to present the show
I’d be more than happy to lose Iain if it meant losing Laura!! He has totally lost his spark since she started on the show

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
She’s been slating Love Island in the press already, saying she didn’t have any creative control - like she’d have ever exercised any, ever. She really does have ideas above her station. You’re literally an ITV2 reject who now works with one of Busted.

• Haha

ohjaysus

Aaaaahhhh I don’t know… that could have looked super gorgeous and high fashion … the issue is not with the stylist .. it’s that Laurs doesn’t have the charisma or grace to pull it off. She looks like a lady being interviewed for her parish paper about the local swimming facilities

Attachments

• Haha

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
You'd think he'd be allowed to appear on a mid level podcast without her having to muscle in a day later though 😂

Interestingly, Scroobius Pip has limited comments on the post announcing Whitmores episode. Not surprising really, given his recent guests have included Stephen Fry, Tim Key, Mark Gatiss, Irvine Welsh. She doesn't quite fit in there!

• Haha

MakeDamnSure

VIP Member
She had written in her book that she had a daughter, she then went on Lorraine to promote said book and was annoyed when Lorraine mentioned she had a daughter. The book had already been released by then so it was public knowledge 🤷🏻‍♀️. She was rude to the journalist when they politely informed her agent (not even her) that they knew the name and were going to run a story about it. She likes to harp on about how she is a journalist not just a pretty face who got lucky winning a contest to become a presenter on mtv (she is) so should have understood the journalists position instead of encouraging a pile-on on her. Not to mention the fact that she is the first to preach ‘be kind’ and female empowerment but she has no problem trying to ruin other females careers. She likes to pretend it was all about her child’s privacy but if she actually cared about that she wouldn’t post her all over her social media. It doesn’t make a difference if you don’t show their face, she is still using her child for content and self promotion. She ‘revealed’ her baby’s name and gender in her book to generate more sales! I’m all for protecting childrens privacy, I wish all influencers would stop posting their children online but that’s not what that was about!

• Heart

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
To add insult to injury, her team were super confident she had the new Nivea gig, but it went to Louise Redknapp instead. This is after sending round releases announcing she was the new face of Olay only to be popped by Angela Scanlon. Oh dear.

Absolutely NOTHING being tipped/leaked so far today about her other ventures though, which is very odd when it comes to her. Everyone in our team is waiting for it:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Eureka

VIP Member
So all those posts of Laura at gigs and parties and nights out have all been taken after a day at work. Pull the other one love. But if it’s true it makes me even more sad for that baby. I work full time and I love coming home and spending the evening with my kids. There have been some weeks she’s been out almost every night. I don’t know how she can do it. Does she not miss her daughter?

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
Another negative story in the Mail too. Her reputation really is awful these days. She doesnt help herself with all the clapping back. This is the third or fourth time this series that she's had a pop at viewers, and the series is only two weeks old. At some point surely you have to see the constant wave of negative feedback and think maybe you could improve something, somewhere? It seems she is right, everyone else is wrong. Always.

Sez99

VIP Member
She needs to undertake ‘presenting lessons’ or something before Love Island launches again, seriously.
She just does NOT have the charisma, charm and bloody CRAIC for a job like Love Island.

AJ Odudu is a real fuckin loss. Hot off Strictly etc I thought would have been a perfect time to get her on this. Many of us were calling her name last summer if I recall correctly.

Eureka

VIP Member
She’s showing off a Bugaboo pram she was gifted. Why on earth is she not donating this to some charity? She makes a fortune, she can afford to buy her own pram. 😡

• Angry

NoMoreSpotlight

VIP Member
What is that accent she has. It’s like a put on Irish and London accent - it really doesn’t sound natural, very affected.
And I see she’s gone with the ‘women shouldn’t criticise other women’ trope 🥱 Surely women are allowed an opinion on all topics and that includes other women. Has she never slagged Katie Price or the Kardashians, come on Laura.