Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kellypol

I must admit I wasn't the biggest fan of Maura Higgins on the bits I caught on LI as I don't regularly watch it, found her a bit annoying but have to say she's doing a fantastic job on the show on RTE2 on Glow up Ireland, she seems an absolute darling and so natural and lovely with the contestants. She would be a great presenter of LI. On the other hand I only watched one episode of LI this year and Laura appeared so cold and not at all on the contestants wavelength. She's not relatable or a people's person for someone who's got years of experience, that's not going to change. She needs to take her head out of her backside and wake up and smell the coffee. Some of the criticisms of her on Twitter were cruel and harsh and mean, but some were just basically saying the truth, she's not a good presenter and not likeable to the general public, and perhaps needs to move on to something else she might be better suited to.

Reactions: 27

Tui

VIP Member
As a long, LONG time lurker, who has seen your "West Brit" abuse reach absolutely pathetic levels, I registered, solely to laugh in your face, and celebrate Laura getting this gig.

A gig she never lost. Why would ITV mess with a good thing.

"British Army Podcasts". Lol. Tall Poppy Syndrome in full effect.

And, you couldn't even get "British Army Podcaster" right. She interviewed a member of the British Army for a podcast.

But she left and made something of herself and didn't rot on RTE. How dare she.
Hi Laura! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
Poor Iain, how does he put up with her. She's always so bitter, angry and negative not to mention self absorbed. Even her atrocious word salad about suicide prevention day is all me me me me me.

Last edited:

Eureka

VIP Member
As a long, LONG time lurker, who has seen your "West Brit" abuse reach absolutely pathetic levels, I registered, solely to laugh in your face, and celebrate Laura getting this gig.

A gig she never lost. Why would ITV mess with a good thing.

"British Army Podcasts". Lol. Tall Poppy Syndrome in full effect.

And, you couldn't even get "British Army Podcaster" right. She interviewed a member of the British Army for a podcast.

But she left and made something of herself and didn't rot on RTE. How dare she.
Nobody cares that she left RTE. There is a reason people get threads started about them on Tattle. It’s because they are incredibly unlikable. Laura is a mediocre presenter who piggybacked onto LI by knowing the presenter and screwing the voice over guy. She written a book that reads like something from the advice column of a school newspaper. She latches onto any job for a quick quid despite the contradictions. She thinks she’s mother of the year for keeping her child private while not actually keeping her private and having people to run around doing things for her. She believes all this makes her something special but she’s never been able to get out of presenting on a fluff channel, she’s not A list anywhere but in her own head.

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I just don’t know what’s going on in this thread any more but there’s just one thing I’ve got to say

zane Lowe for love island presenter

• Haha
Reactions: 25

dee_mc

VIP Member
Having a lol at the latest story 'thank you Paul McCartney'...yes because he has personally gifted you his new book...
This is what happens when you show your front door on social media: Beatles members show up to present you with copies of their books

• Haha

Jellybb

VIP Member
Seriously… what’s with the absolute obsession with Laura moving to Ireland…. You are not obliged to stay in the country you were born in 🙄

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
I’m increasingly inclined to agree with poster who thinks Laura might have PND. As mu as I am not a fan of hers, she is acting really weirdly. So defensive and insistent that she can do everything. Also the way she went after that journalist and the way she is reacting to LI criticism it’s just so over the top and ill advised. She must have people telling her to stop, step away from socials and just get herself together and she must be ignoring that advice. I found that clip painful, Iain is like a puppy that’s scared of getting kicked. You can see his facial expression change from hope to discomfort.
Ive said it before- i can see an article coming out soon where she tries to show a softer side by saying she was trying to do it all so soon after having a baby, trying to show she was superwoman but was struggling inside and so hurt by the criticism when she was secretly struggling. Big PR exercise to get people and press back on side.
This isnt a dig at PND- ive been there, its complex, its horrendous.

• Heart

Cocobaby09

VIP Member
Visiting mother and watching an old celeb Gogglebox that she had recorded. Whitmore appeared and my mum goes "I don't know who she is, she seems a cunt" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m increasingly inclined to agree with poster who thinks Laura might have PND. As mu as I am not a fan of hers, she is acting really weirdly. So defensive and insistent that she can do everything. Also the way she went after that journalist and the way she is reacting to LI criticism it’s just so over the top and ill advised. She must have people telling her to stop, step away from socials and just get herself together and she must be ignoring that advice. I found that clip painful, Iain is like a puppy that’s scared of getting kicked. You can see his facial expression change from hope to discomfort.
It was me; this clip to me just confirms something’s up.

But I’m also aware that she could just be a bubbling vat of piss and vinegar too, she just looks so fecking SOUR and brimming with ennui

• Haha

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
Hates being papped, but happily poses in front of her own home, and tips off backgrid for when she is walking in to work.

You may well notice that everyone who goes into Heart, Smooth, Radio X etc gets papped repeatedly (thats why Myleene, Amanda Holden, Kelly Brook, Ashley Roberts et al are on MailOnline every day) - it's because Global Radio HQ is on Leicester Square and photographers hang out there all day every day waiting for hosts and guests to arrive and leave, its easy fodder for them.

The BBC is VERY different, which is why you never see the same pap pics of their presenters and guests coming and going. EXCEPT of course, 'fiercely private' Whitmore, who obviously arranges it in advance. She then claims she doesn't mind that, but does mind being tracked down in her own street... then goes and puts yet another photo of the front of her house on social media.

In addition to advertising her most local train station, park and what the front and back of her house looks like. For someone who thinks she's smart, she is in fact dangerously thick.

Something I've noticed a while but has become more apparent tonight. I'm on the Daily Mail scouring through the pictures of all the celebs at the Pride Of Britain awards. Laura Whitmores photo is picture number 73 or thereabouts. Practically everyone else including z listers from love island, are pictured ahead of her. This isn't the first time I've noticed this happening. I think the DM in particular are getting her back for that awful rant she had about a fellow journalist. She appears in very little stories on their grid and is nearly always pictured last at events. Just an observation.
She also said she picked her outfit for the Pride of Britain awards from a 'sustainable' fashion designer. I'm sure they're delighted to be affiliated with Official Primark Brand Ambassador Laura Whitmore :rolleyes:

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Good thesis Eoin. Please forward on your citations and references and you will receive your grade in due course

• Haha

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Reactions: 24

ASAnigel

VIP Member
Never looked at her threads before even tho she’s been irritating me since she took over LI.
I’ve finally been pushed over the edge by probably the pettiest thing yet.

She called it an “Expresso martini”.

For someone that would literally eat herself if she was made from chocolate and thinks she’s the greatest author of all time for writing such a profound and inspiring book (literally never opened one don’t know what’s inside), you’d think she’d know it’s an “espresso”

Sorry I needed to let it out

• Haha

Love_hate_small_town

Chatty Member

• Sad

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
Whitmore was in for the Olay ads but it went to Angela after the negative Love Island feedback, and she went for a brand partnership with Puma that AJ got, also a channel 4 show that is to be a sort of female led equivalent of Richard Ayoade’s Travel Man, but again the pilot has been given to AJ.

Not sure if it’s her agents to blame or Whitmore herself but she isn’t getting any new work of note lately

• Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
It’s not even a new video either she literally posted the same thing on July 5th (when I saw her post this morning I thought I swear she has posted this before.) If you swipe along there’s a few photos and then her doing the same awful dancing.

Omg cringe 🙈
'Look at me doing ironic dancing when really I am obviously an AMAZING dancer'.

All I get are Teresa May vibes

• Haha