Laura Whitmore #4 Get yer one off the telly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few weeks back she was pushing the fact she was on the cover of Stylist Magazine, as if it was a huge honour and a big deal. I can access circulation and sales figures for certain publications, so had a look.

Stylist Magazine prints around 400k copies a month. Sounds pretty good huh!

Average monthly paid subscription numbers: 6k (of which over 5k are discounted business subscriptions from salons etc)
Average single purchased copies, off the shelf by readers: 2 (as in... two)
Average free copies sent out by publisher by post: 394k

...oh :oops:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
It's one of those types yeah, just gets thrown in business post and in the stalls at stations etc.

The way Whitmore was posting it across her socials you'd think it was a Vogue cover though.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just in relation to Laura’s post about her Christmas cards.. it’s the best entertainment I’ve come across on weeks (and no I don’t get out much currently 🙈🙈).

First off, lots of people in recent years have chosen to stop sending cards. I’ve never seen someone post on SM about it before.

Secondly, myself and my husband send 80 cards a year. It doesn’t take us long to write them but means a lot to the people who we send them to.. mostly kids from our family & friends circle and older members of the family. Then we’re not as busy as Laura.. no red carpet events for us

She went on a total rant & said something along the lines of “some people didn’t get them cos I got the address wrong and it took 5 weeks for others”..the delay is true but fair enough last year. Covid and all that. But if she gets the bloody address wrong… who’s fault is that? She’s hilarious 😂

And lastly.. the whole ranty post was to announce with the money she was saving, she was donating to charity. She absolutely should be donating to charity without looking for praise. Most of us donate at Christmas if we can afford it. We don’t look for recognition.

Also someone from An Post very politely challenged her and Laura had feck all come back. It gave me a great laugh 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Omg the “gaffer tape” comment about an post stealing. More than likely Royal Mail.

She’s heading for a Nicki Chapman type career.
But in her head thinks she’s Emma Barnett or Holly Willybobbly.

Reactions: 5
The whole “put the hundred quid I would have spent on cards and postage towards charity ” is a valid argument for regular people… but cmon … a woman with a pay check like hers from LI (for doing absolute fuckall and even a bad job at that, plus the money she makes selling herself to any company who’ll willingly take her at this stage) should not boast about proudly not supporting the beautiful dying tradition of sending Christmas cards in order to “save money” to put towards charity. What is that hundred pounds to her? 0.001% of her income? Lmaof yeah that’s real hard to ration out between her loved ones and children in need I’m sure of it …. She should be supporting local card designers, local post offices, local people who are struggling enough with the weight of covid on them and their main source of income is at Christmas, but she only ever promotes anyone who pays her for it or sends free things to her …

Reactions: 11
Ironically Angela Scanlon is the face of An Post advertising.
Laura won’t be getting the call next year.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Laura could be the face of Fastway!

Yeah, I’m pissed cos they left footprints on my Zara order. 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So what does everyone think of my suggestion of Pixie Lott to present Love Island next year? I think she'd be a right laugh.

Reactions: 1
So what does everyone think of my suggestion of Pixie Lott to present Love Island next year? I think she'd be a right laugh.
Pixie Lott isn’t a presenter - no real credentials (nor much of a singer - record sales??). Are you part of agency or a relative by any chance?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
why pixie lott? thats a strange suggestion, she hasnt been around for years

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.