Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Iain was terrible last year. Completely lost his spark. I think his drab commentary was partly responsible for the failure of the whole thing. He used to be so good at finding a funny angle to things, and viewers latched onto it, but it just wasn't there.
I think it just doesn't work having married people tbh. Seems harsh I know - but that is what made Caroline so good and relatable.
Laura definitely should not do it again. And if Iain resigns under coersion in sympathy it is no great loss imo.

Reactions: 16

Gamu

VIP Member
Laura has a very cold vicious look to her. I dont like her eyes they look cruel. I think she was at some point pretty but I don't anymore although it don't matter what I think she l
Honestly believes she is a raving beauty.
I hate #whatwhitmorewore she is so not a fashion icon

Eureka

VIP Member
I remember that season of strictly quite well, that was the year Will Young pulled out and Ore and Danny did some unforgettable routines……but I can’t remember anything Laura did.

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
Rylan would be fantastic. He was brilliant doing big brothers bit on the side. He is such a warm, friendly guy. He would be hilarious with the contestants as well. I’m not sure I can do another series of Laura

• Heart

MakeDamnSure

VIP Member
Love island should get rid of both of them. Iain wasn’t remotely funny the last series and just mentioned laura all the time. Iain could easily be replaced by any other comedian.

Lucylululu

Bressie is a bit of a dose too tbf. I was doing the Rock n Roll half marathon a couple of years ago, they have a mini concert at the finish line and The Blizzards were the headline act. Bear in mind this race starts at 8am so the concert is at like 11am and there’s a fun run so it’s a family event with little kids about. I don’t mind their music but Bressie was swearing every time he was speaking to the audience, like man you’re not at your own concert here, it’s a Sunday morning, rein in the language

Love_hate_small_town

Chatty Member
Several questions.

Is babe station still a thing? It’s one of those things that seemed to be around in background in early 2000s and Chris moyles talked about a lot but I’ve never actually seen it.

Secondly, how does Eoin feel about Zane Lowe and babe station?

Also- an observation, both Zane and Laura seem to feature on your radar eoin and both have chosen to leave their home countires (both beautiful islands) for better work prospects further afield but only one of them makes you furious (unless she gets ‘oiled up’ -shudder -on babe station. )

• Haha

BelowDeckJen

Chatty Member
My Dad is from rural Clare. Works as a civil servant. Lived in Dublin since the 1980s. He couldn't get any civil service jobs in Clare so Dublin it had to be. I know it's a good distance but at least it's not that far, only 3 hours or so away on the N7. He still never saw the need to move to a different country for civil service work. In fact, he'd have no job if he did move to London. Each to their own, but moving to England was NEVER an ambition of mine. I only ever wanted to do well in Ireland. I know I'm probably ranting, but a fast track to fame just doesn't interest me.
Maybe this one should have her own thread!! 😹

• Haha

JoanOfSark

Has anyone been watching Married at First Sight UK? The weekly aftershow is such good fun. It's hosted by AJ Odudu who is naturally funny and has so much warmth and personality. She engages well with the guests, family and friends and the audience members. Compare and contrast to the awkward glumfest that was this year's Aftersun!

Loux2021

Rosanna davidson is wealthy and grew up in wealth so has had it easier than alot of people so didnt have to push much for a career. also, jedward made their name in UK and hozier in the US. I dont blame people for leaving. ireland hasnt a whole lot to offer besides that its good for raising a family in. but i do think Laura got lucky with the MtV gig and it was down to her looks.

Lucylululu

What did she do on strictly? I only remember my frankly embarrassing lust for Ed Balls that year 🤣🤪
She’s said since that her time on Strictly wasn’t a happy one and that she resented having to go to premieres etc with Giovanni outside of training (who was in the middle of a split with Georgia at the time). Fast forward a few years with a new baby and that’s still what she’s doing? She can’t hate it that much.

She was by no means a terrible dancer but I think she thought she was better than she was. I remember finding her and Giovanni quite unlikeable as a couple.

Edited to add that looking at Wikipedia she was the same series as Daisy Lowe who was lovely and bubbly in comparison

Keggsy

Chatty Member
I think you should spend less time thinking about Laura. It seems to be a full time obsession
Sorry but this is a Laura Whitmore thread so if people are writing about her on here there is nothing wrong with it. Maybe you are Laura or Ian hiding behind the keyboard.

• Haha

MakeDamnSure

VIP Member
Babestation is the only channel I'd actually be happy to see Laura on. Maybe for Love Island 2022 they could swap her with whoever is the most popular girl on Babestation?
Maybe on their cosplay night around Halloween she could dress up as a Black & Tan, tanning herself with baby oil. Meanwhile on ITV2 on the Celebrity Juice Halloween special [insert BS girl here] is massively improving the show with her one-liners.
Maybe you could start a thread about babestation if you want to keep talking about it. Tbh you’re starting to seem like the boy in the playground who pulls the hair of the girl he fancies. Is that why you’re so mad that Laura left Ireland because you’ve missed your chance?

That article is a disgrace. Shows how petty Laura is though. She wouldn’t have commented if it was a different journalist and reposting it didn’t afford her the opportunity to feel vindicated / justified for being a dickhead to the same journalist some months ago.

Reactions: 15

MakeDamnSure

VIP Member
And if it was anyone else but Laura then I’d say that that was a good thing to do but for Laura it’s just virtue signalling bs. She’s not trying to be green and can’t claim to be trying to be sustainable when she works for primark. Also, if she really felt that way she would probably just send that message without feeling the need to post about it.

Reactions: 15