Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eureka

VIP Member
U2. Hozier. Louis Walsh. Rosanna Davison. Ryan Tubridy. Ray D'Arcy. Kathryn Thomas. Pat Kenny. Jedward. Dermot Kennedy. Katie Taylor.

None of these Irish people ever felt the need to move to London to do well. Why did she?
I’m as much a proud Dub as the next person but even I can see why some people choose to move. It’s not the centre of the universe. The UK is welcome to her.

Reactions: 18

Hollybush

Chatty Member
I see she's starting to share pics of the baby who must not be named. For someone who claims fiercely protective of her child she seems to be happy showing her to the public which doesn't jive with her earlier paranoia. Ok so its not her face but still. I suppose when you are facing a void in your career you have to use anything you can to make yourself seem relevant and relatable.
Laura will be like Rochelle Humes in no time, when she realises how much money her kid can make her, Stevies privacy will go out the window!

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
My Dad is from rural Clare. Works as a civil servant. Lived in Dublin since the 1980s. He couldn't get any civil service jobs in Clare so Dublin it had to be. I know it's a good distance but at least it's not that far, only 3 hours or so away on the N7. He still never saw the need to move to a different country for civil service work. In fact, he'd have no job if he did move to London. Each to their own, but moving to England was NEVER an ambition of mine. I only ever wanted to do well in Ireland. I know I'm probably ranting, but a fast track to fame just doesn't interest me.
Good for you.

• Haha
Yeah she's definitely one of those. Laura's version of "friendship" is cashing in on someone's misfortune and throwing an annual "RIP can't believe it's been a year" up on her instagram. Glad Caroline's mum can see right through it.

lalalees

I can't see any of the tabloids talking about her appearance or her outfit at the NTAs. Yer wan is soon going to be off the telly 😹 Sorry Laura but Maya and Maura are coming for your job.

• Haha

Jellybb

VIP Member
Of all the shit that we can throw at Laura moving to the UK is not one of them 😭🤣 fucking hell 🤣 imagine hanging around to try to get a job in rte? 🥴 how grim..

• Haha

MissBucket

I dunno. I guess Laura is one of a very select few Irish presenters who skipped working for RTÉ, TG4 or VMT. I think the whole British Army thingamabob was the last straw for me.

Laura just got lucky, she's about as charismatic as a doorknob.
You might be better off just not following her and getting a new hobby. Thats the good thing about TV and social media, you can always switch it off!

No_f_in_clue

Chatty Member
This would be PRICELESS if the last part is true... through a friend I am told that the PopBitch office have received a number of e-mails last night / this morning about Whitmore and the tube station. All claiming she didnt actually get on the train 😂 It seems a few passengers have gotten in touch to say she was getting her photo taken on the platform, posing on the seats and then as if getting on at least one train. They were there a short while taking pics.

One of the comments was that 'I'm sure one girl passenger was filming it' - imagine if that's true and the footage of her faking it finds it way online. Amazing.

I totally believe it though.
If I saw Laura whitmore on the tube I'd definitely be popping up a sneaky snap on the 'Gram.... I find it bizarre there are no actual pictures of her on the train so could fully believe this is true!

Mariamariamariarose

Lukewarm tea but was was leaving a london establishment the other day when she was coming in the door with her pram. I stood to the side to let her enter. Absolutely no acknowledgement at all. A man then held the door open for her (double door and vestibule situation) and of course he got a gracious - ooooo, thank you so much 😂

• Haha
I’m kind of inspired at the level of deluded self confidence she has, to be nearing 40 and donning that blue glittery unflattering monstrosity of a catsuit and making her own music video like she’s your pissed aunt at a wedding. Especially funny that she’s surrounded by middle aged accountant types 😂 I’d be mortified if I knew her

• Haha
Reactions: 17

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
The sheer amount of photos of Maura and Maya from last night, and the previous week - their PR people are pushing hard.

While Lauras people stage fake photo shoots on tube platforms!

• Haha
Reactions: 17