Laura Whitmore #3 As dry as a crisp sandwich on brown bread with no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope the writer got a raise
It was Clemmie Moody who wrote it.
I’m derailing (sorry) but Clemmie ‘claimed’ to be good friends with Caroline Flack - even though she was writing stories about her. Maybe there’s been a bit of personal beef between Clemmie and Laura?

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I actually believe she wants to be persecuted like Caroline Flack was in a weird way. She loves being the victim. The difference is Caroline was genuinely a warm person with a great personality and her fall from grace was an actual fall. Nobody likes Laura to begin with so no amount of victimhood will give her the sympathy she wants.

Reactions: 29
Never mind if you lose your job, Laura. I'm sure there are lots of lovely houses in Dalkey, Killiney, Foxrock etc you could buy...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
How to know you have tanked as host of Love Island: you are not mentioned in articles about the show.

I read a good one yesterday in Vice, particularly this bit

A meta-narrative of understanding that reality TV is designed to entertain above all else has been woven into the fabric of Love Island since the beginning – particularly through Iain Stirling’s commentary, which centres the tone around the British belief that in order to express your fondness for something you must take the piss out of it. As writer Jael Goldfine put it in an interview with Stirling for GQ, the show is “one big inside joke with the audience [...] You don’t have to buy into any of it to enjoy it.”

That transparency has always been part of the fun with Love Island, but problems arise when it starts to tip into cynicism. As viewers, we’re very willing to sacrifice our disbelief at the altar of amusement, but what happens when a programme whose popularity relies on its audience setting aside so much to begin with isn’t actually fun to watch?
Although I do think in recent years Iain has tipped from roasting the contestants in that ‘lovingly taking the piss’ way into downright nastiness sometimes. I recall him on the 2019 reunion show and his barbs to them were uncomfortable.

Laura doesn’t have a presence (physical or otherwise) and it never feels like she is on the contestants’ side either.

Reactions: 10
Is she really using her baby to promote a childrens boutique? Thought she wanted to protect her
Screenshot_20210819-081054.png

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Is she really using her baby to promote a childrens boutique? Thought she wanted to protect her View attachment 719439
*protect-her-from-publicity-that’s-not-directly-linked-to-mammys-bank-account

It was never about the protection of the daughter, that would look wildly different regrading:behaviour of both parents… ‘sharing details of her daughter at her own terms’ is just code for ‘cryptic information sells better’

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Why does she have to shoehorn the Irish passport into everything. She's so patriotic she fucked off to England first chance she got.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Why does she have to shoehorn the Irish passport into everything. She's so patriotic she fucked off to England first chance she got.
she probs knows her time on LI will be coming to an end soon and wants an irish gig lol.

Reactions: 9
Also her suddenly hiding copies of her book for people to find. Ellie Taylor did that weeks ago whilst Laura's book came out ages before hers. Jumping on the bandwagon as Ellie is obvs a lot more likable and popular. #bekind

Reactions: 7
Also her suddenly hiding copies of her book for people to find. Ellie Taylor did that weeks ago whilst Laura's book came out ages before hers. Jumping on the bandwagon as Ellie is obvs a lot more likable and popular. #bekind
Ellie’s book sounds good, has anyone read it?

Is she really using her baby to promote a childrens boutique? Thought she wanted to protect her View attachment 719439
you cannot use your kid as a public platform to promote a business and then get arsey when journos ask questions.

Laura Whitmore is a born hypocrite, with all the integrity and pathos of a dog’s chew toy.

I don’t know why this has made me so angry, she’s just a spoiled brat who curses and whines about persecution whilst serving up her precious offspring for clicks. And I don’t care if you can’t see the face of the wee one, it’s still USING YOUR KID FOR ADS.

I hope her career melts.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
People would want to be careful. A friend of mine had a copy of LW's book on her car dashboard and someone smashed the car window in and left 4 more copies.....

Lol jk, I wouldn't associate with anyone who has a copy of her book 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27
People would want to be careful. A friend of mine had a copy of LW's book on her car dashboard and someone smashed the car window in and left 4 more copies.....

Lol jk, I wouldn't associate with anyone who has a copy of her book 🤣🤣🤣
yeah same I cant relate to those types of people at all. i genuinely dont understand anyone who would buy it and then kiss her ass about it. can they not see what we see?

Reactions: 3
I saw the book in the reduced price section of a bookshop not long after its release.

I would never buy that rubbish but I had a flick through and it's just filled with clichés

What a charlatan

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.