Laura Whitmore #2 Stevie’s mom, has not got it going on!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How much classier is THIS than the tit Laura Whitmore has been pulling?! Note the lack of drama.
Perfect.
I think Dawn O’Porter also gets it so right.
We know she has 2 children, we know their names, and that’s it. She doesn’t share pics, we occasionally hear them in the background.
They have their privacy, but there’s no cloak and dagger ‘respect my private life and only buy into the things I share that earn me money’

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Is it not a bit weird to dedicate your crappy book to a daughter who hasn't even been born yet? I'm in no way superstitious but it feels like tempting fate.

Read a few words there on iBooks sample- feminism, strong role models, affirmations at the end of every chapter, blah blah. Anyone who is inspired by Laura Whitmore seriously needs their head examined. Why read about Kamala Harris or Emmeline Pankhurst or Ruth Bader Ginsburg, when instead you can hear how Laura bravely smashed both the glass ceiling and the patriarchy by presenting a celebrity jungle side programme on ITV2 and perpetuates a culture of young people feeling completely tit about themselves on Love Island? Oh and maybe there are even some tips in there about how to make money by flogging recruitment drives for the British Army, never mind the atrocities they committed on your own island.

Truly inspiring stuff, I am in awe!
All of this!! I am baffled as to why anyone would offer her a book deal to publish this type of shite, even more baffled about who would want to take life advice from her at all!!

Reactions: 9
Kate Lawler done a Q and A on her insta stories a lot of weeks back and someone asked her what other names she had considered for her little girl - Stevie was one of them! I bet Laura was fuming if she saw that. Imagine if Kate had gotten in first and gone with Stevie!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Kate Lawler done a Q and A on her insta stories a lot of weeks back and someone asked her what other names she had considered for her little girl - Stevie was one of them! I bet Laura was fuming if she saw that. Imagine if Kate had gotten in first and gone with Stevie!
Stevie is a daft name for a wee girl

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t watch Love Island so my introduction to Iain was when he was on Taskmaster and he was a total bellend on it. He was so incredibly rude to Lou Sanders on a few occasions and I’m genuinely surprised she didn’t at least shout at him.

I think they’re total birds of a feather.
This all day long!!! His behaviour in some of the tasks esp group tasks was a disgrace. It was very 'I'm a man and I know better than you and if you don't listen Il just shout you down' .... He wasn't that funny and I just think he's a bellend.... The two of them are totally suited to one another, narcissistic twats

Reactions: 18
I was thinking of buying her book just for shits & giggles, so I could talk crap about it here, but... do I really want to pay $22.99+shipping for what's most likely an atrocious piece of 'literature'.

Reactions: 8
I was thinking of buying her book just for shits & giggles, so I could talk crap about it here, but... do I really want to pay $22.99+shipping for what's most likely an atrocious piece of 'literature'.
Save your money. I got a sample on kindle. It’s the first chapter and it’s terrible. Written like a teenager and for a self help book so far it’s all about her.

Reactions: 18
Laura is just a pretty face who got lucky. She's been around a bit but hasn't really hit the heights you would expect, her only really lucrative job is off the back of the loss of a genuine presenter, hardly something to be proud of.

When you look at the likes of Holly or Davina, both started out doing really tit tv but have grown into presenters who can hold their own and do a decent job. Can you image Laura having to do a piece where she has to handle something sensitive? She is fake and unlikeable and that means she will never be able to do the kind of tv jobs she must dream about.
She was a very poor replacement for CF on Love Island, completely wooden, bland and without any character. She was definitely in the right place at the right time to bag that gig. Dating the presenter, friends with CF and probably all of the production team too. At least Holly and Davina have strong characters and personalities. Looks can only get you so far in life on TV, she is great for two minute slots on MTV, and a spread in NUTS magazine but anything more challenging is out of her league.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I’d imagine she views herself as the next Emma Barnett.
Yup, the Radio 5 element is what makes me agree with you here.

at the risk of sounding like a fossil the way BBC Radio is going this could actually be a highly likely outcome for her.

(as an aside I quite like Emma Barnett... but FML what a family to have come from 👀)

Reactions: 7
I had no idea she was on strictly 🤣🤣
She said she hated it. She was partnered with Giovanni Pernice who had recently split up with her friend Georgia May-Foote (who Giovanni was partnered up with on a previous series) and the press were trying to stoke up possible romance rumours between Laura & Giovanni

Laura said on a podcast: “What I didn’t like was being removed from everybody and having to spend 12 hours a day with this one person,” she said.

“It did not become about the dancing. I just wanted to dance. I did not want to play the game of doing red carpets with your dance partner and stuff like that, which a lot of people thought you should be doing. I did not want to do that.”

Eh? What did she think was going to happen. Of course you would have to do long days of training with your partner. Did she think she could just wing it on show night?

Laura talks about her Strictly experience

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
She said she hated it. She was partnered with Giovanni Pernice who had recently split up with her friend Georgia May-Foote (who Giovanni was partnered up with on a previous series) and the press were trying to stoke up possible romance rumours between Laura & Giovanni

Laura said on a podcast: “What I didn’t like was being removed from everybody and having to spend 12 hours a day with this one person,” she said.

“It did not become about the dancing. I just wanted to dance. I did not want to play the game of doing red carpets with your dance partner and stuff like that, which a lot of people thought you should be doing. I did not want to do that.”

Eh? What did she think was going to happen. Of course you would have to do long days of training with your partner. Did she think she could just wing it on show night?

Laura talks about her Strictly experience
She didn’t like it because she thought she would win! She was a middle-of-the-road dancer at best and had a face like a slapped arse every week! But it sounds like she’s saying she didn’t need 12-hour dance lessons a day 😂

I don’t believe for a second she wouldn’t have revelled in the “are they aren’t they” speculation cause, y’know, publicity.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.