Laura Whitmore #2 Stevie’s mom, has not got it going on!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The recent less than glowing press coverage is her attack on that journalist coming home to roost and I’m here for it!

Reactions: 21
I can see in about 6 months time LW doing an article where she says she was insecure and anxious, trying to BF on location, away from her husband etc.
Actually having some kind of come down from having no mat leave or recovery time post and getting straight back to work before shes overlooked but making it sound like shes one of us really

Reactions: 22
They aren’t making up the viewing figures. Ratings don’t lie.
Anyone with half a brain could see it was going to be hit by the football and Andy Murray match at the same time. If it doesn't recover when there is no football then it's valid. But I'd bet it'll get a lot of viewers on catch-up

Reactions: 4
Anyone with half a brain could see it was going to be hit by the football and Andy Murray match at the same time. If it doesn't recover when there is no football then it's valid. But I'd bet it'll get a lot of viewers on catch-up
Do you work with Laura or the LI team?

Reactions: 11
Ohh the sun article was mean. The tide is turning on her for sure. I felt like it was so obviously mean though. Papers seem to heavily back people to a point and then turn their back once public opinion goes too far the other way/ they stop having to do favours for their agent for whatever reason. Still want to know what cards Amanda Holden holds as she never seems to get bad press despite being so annoying.

I feel like Laura has the cut throat ambition but has forgotten where she is in terms of celeb importance. Genuinely think she feels invincible and has no idea how totally disposable she is. I heard Fearne Cotton on something recently talking about how she had to carve her own career recently as the work offers were drying up. That’s from someone who I remember being on telly as a teenager and who has never seemed to put a foot wrong in her personal life, was popular in radio 1, seemed to genuinely like the bands she said she liked etc. if someone who grafts that much can be shoved out, Laura is on borrowed time.

Reactions: 23
I'd say she knows well she's on borrowed time as a late-30s pretty blonde presenter, hence the "supermom" going to work days after giving birth, staying in shape for LI, dodgy sponsorships on instagram, and relentless social media posts. She's had a bee in her bonnet about the press for the last few years and once she'd replaced Caroline, she thought it gave her some sort of new role as High Priestess of the "be kind" movement. Her lack of self-awareness is where she falls down. Be Kind doesn't just go one way, nor does it excuse latching onto woke causes for her own financial gain and then lashing out when there's criticism.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Maya Jama with Rob Beckett poached off Celebs Go Dating would be my choice.
Rob Beckett would be brilliant, I’ve never liked IS’ commentary but acknowledge it’s the same channel that platform Keith Lemon so striving for something actually funny & not just banal and repetitive is a reach.

Reactions: 8
You can tell she's memorised a script. She doesn't have any banter and can't ad lib like caroline did.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Strictly rumours are starting so we'll no doubt get her yearly 'I hated my time on the show so much and everyone was really mean to me' article in due course.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Strictly rumours are starting so we'll no doubt get her yearly 'I hated my time on the show so much and everyone was really mean to me' article in due course.
Strictly was HUGE to her, as is Love Island.

The comment from the MailOnline article earlier in this thread is spot on, obviously someone in the know. I work in media and the stories have been around for ages - Whitmores management are awful for their pushiness and pitching for work that is already signed to someone else. It's 100% true that her team submitted her tearful speech about Caroline for the radio awards moment of the year. You have to put your suggestions forward, and it got a nomination so it goes without saying that they submitted it for consideration, which is all kinds of weird if you ask me. It's like BBC News pushing an obituary forward for an NTA or TV Choice Award, disgustingly crass. She even said she was proud to be nominated on instagram!

As for Strictly, she and her team were CONVINCED she would win. Flack even made a comment years back that she was a strictly champ but was still outdanced by Whitmore at an industry do. They were genuinely taken aback when she didnt connect and left early, they had it all mapped out to maximise her afterward, whoops.

The rumour at the moment is that the new angle after Love Island is to maximise the motherhood angle and go after a 'Myleene Klass market' to start selling kids clothing and accessories.

Just goes to show, you can be tit at everything but just keep trying something else.... relentless!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
She could have probably followed in Ferne Cottons footsteps with radio, ‘cool’ kids clothes, books etc. but she just has the personality of a plank. I don’t think Ferne is much more interesting but she definitely made a career for herself!

The rumour at the moment is that the new angle after Love Island is to maximise the motherhood angle and go after a 'Myleene Klass market' to start selling kids clothing and accessories.

Just goes to show, you can be tit at everything but just keep trying something else.... relentless!
If they can’t even bring themselves to share the baby’s name (STEVIE) will they really go down that route?
The parenting pod with Iain was painful, not sure why he even bothered.
He couldn’t actually say my
“daughter”. Josh Widdicombe had to say it for him.

It’s a v competitive space with all the current queen bee mummy instahunnies.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.