Laura Whitmore #2 Stevie’s mom, has not got it going on!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I sat on my arse for at least the first three months with my baby attached to me after having my two and I don’t regret one bit of it. I remember one day the phone rang in another room and I was too lazy to get up and answer it 😆
You’re a superhero mum for keeping your baby alive. All the other stuff is irrelevant.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I sat on my arse for at least the first three months with my baby attached to me after having my two and I don’t regret one bit of it. I remember one day the phone rang in another room and I was too lazy to get up and answer it 😆
You’re a superhero mum for keeping your baby alive. All the other stuff is irrelevant.
You and me both. I rewatched Ab Fab and all 11 seasons of UK Shameless the first 3 months of my baby. House fell to tit and I didn’t care. I was amazed I washed myself nevermind left the house.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She can’t even manage to get the pizza in her mouth, it’s all over her mouth. You need to brush up on your superhero skills there laura

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Comes across so disingenuous.

Wincing at the predicted headlines;
“MILF Laura Whitmore looks sensational in opening episode of LI” blah blah etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
If LI absolutely has to continue, I think they should look beyond Laura and go with somebody relatively unknown.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
If LI absolutely has to continue, I think they should look beyond Laura and go with somebody relatively unknown.
Honestly don’t understand why they waste money on a presenter for it, get one of the camera operators to come out at least they’d seem to actually pay attention to who the contestants are. CF and LW were so half arsed!

Laura in 2014: "I've never really worked in Ireland. I went straight from college to my job at MTV."

I'm an aspiring radio DJ/audio producer and I'm working my way up the ranks, with a sound production course coming up in the autumn. I've no plans to move abroad. I want to build up a reputation in the industry before even thinking of doing that.

Sorry Laur, but college students in Dublin just do NOT go straight from there to a big job in London. You just got lucky. Period.

Reactions: 12
If I was Laura I would have done a year or two working for RTÉ, Virgin or another Irish broadcaster, before even thinking of moving to London.

Reactions: 2
Why can't people grasp that the celeb meaning of private is that they don't want the papers to reveal everything, they want to reveal what they like on their on own terms.
I think that most people do grasp how some celebrities are trying to define privacy, they just don’t agree with their definition. The papers are not their publicists, they don’t exist to write puff pieces to help their careers. They are businesses who will write what sells ... gossip sells, good and bad.

The famous people who are most successful in achieving privacy for themselves and their families are the ones who keep their private lives private and don’t court celebrity.

Reactions: 10
I think that most people do grasp how some celebrities are trying to define privacy, they just don’t agree with their definition. The papers are not their publicists, they don’t exist to write puff pieces to help their careers. They are businesses who will write what sells ... gossip sells, good and bad.

The famous people who are most successful in achieving privacy for themselves and their families are the ones who keep their private lives private and don’t court celebrity.
Harry Styles
Cillian Murphy
Gillian Anderson

All internationally famous and yet there’s absolutely nothing ever written about them in the same way, except Harry in his early 1D days but definitely not since he’s been solo. They do their job and don’t play games with the press. There’s a massive difference in how they present themselves and how the people who complain about the press do.

Reactions: 20
Harry Styles
Cillian Murphy
Gillian Anderson

All internationally famous and yet there’s absolutely nothing ever written about them in the same way, except Harry in his early 1D days but definitely not since he’s been solo. They do their job and don’t play games with the press. There’s a massive difference in how they present themselves and how the people who complain about the press do.
Cillian was cheating on his missus at one point. Surprised it didnt end up in the papers

• Wow
Cillian was cheating on his missus at one point. Surprised it didnt end up in the papers
With who?

If I was Laura I would have done a year or two working for RTÉ, Virgin or another Irish broadcaster, before even thinking of moving to London.
I think it would have been better for her not to win that mtv competition and maybe getting a few set backs would have humbled her a bit. She talks about having imposter syndrome and not knowing what she was doing presenting etc so I really feel that job was too big for her and she put on an act of being able to do it. Her presenting skills aren't the best and let's face it she got the job for her looks. I hate saying that but it's kinda true

Last edited:
The breastfeeding thing really bleeping annoys me, not just with Whitmore but celebs in general.

They all paint it as this wonderful effortless natural thing. And of course for loads of people it can be.

They never say how they can't get more than 2 hours sleep at a time because of the feeding. Or how painful it can be. Or the hassle it can be to pump a measly few ounces just so you can get your partner to give them a feed. Or the guilt that can be felt at considering giving it up.

I can tell you, the turning point with things getting easier with my son was when my wife decided to switch to bottle. Life became so much easier. But it took a lot of tears and self doubt to get to that point

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The breastfeeding thing really bleeping annoys me, not just with Whitmore but celebs in general.

They all paint it as this wonderful effortless natural thing. And of course for loads of people it can be.

They never say how they can't get more than 2 hours sleep at a time because of the feeding. Or how painful it can be. Or the hassle it can be to pump a measly few ounces just so you can get your partner to give them a feed. Or the guilt that can be felt at considering giving it up.

I can tell you, the turning point with things getting easier with my son was when my wife decided to switch to bottle. Life became so much easier. But it took a lot of tears and self doubt to get to that point
Love and agree with this comment so much. So much resonates.

I’m undoubtedly bitter and traumatised from my BF experience. However I cannot STAND celebrities trying to “normalise breast feeding”, it is so ducking normalised and the only bleeping thing the NHS/NCT talk to you about!

As a new mum I don’t need another smug selfie of someone BF. I need help and support when it comes out it’s not working for us. It feels especially cruel for section mums (like myself) who struggled. I didn’t have a choice to baginally birth due to pre existing health conditions and there’s shame around that too, confounded with BF shame.

I block anyone posting BF selfies or promoting pumps, can’t be doing with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Why can't people grasp that the celeb meaning of private is that they don't want the papers to reveal everything, they want to reveal what they like on their on own terms.
Well that might work well for normal joe soaps like you and I, but unfortunately for those in the limelight the more breadcrumbs you leave, the more interest you create. Laura just wants the luxury of the illusion that she’s a big deal, and she does this by creating issues where there are none and mouthing off about invasions of privacy.

She seems to be under the impression that news organisations are on tenterhooks wanting to publish information about her, when in reality she is just easy fodder for weekend skeleton staff who have nothing better to fill their pages with. If she doesn’t want interest then she should just post nothing about her baby at all. But the more she teases and reveals, the more outlets will pry. It’s a tale as old as time and she should know this herself from her time as a journalist.

Laura would have come across a lot better had she put up a post when Stevie was born saying something like, “overjoyed to have her here, the name is Stevie, we wont be sharing any pics as her privacy is paramount to us. Thanks for the well wishes” and left it at that. But she can’t help herself. Between jumping back into work a wet week later and posing pictures and captions detailing what an amazing super mom she is, she is creating and inviting interest.

She seems to be viewing it as an issue of consent and anything she hasn’t authorised to be published is a breach of her consent. Well I’m sorry hun but it doesn’t really work like that. You’re in an industry where people sell stories on each other all the time. Also that journalist who you fed to the Twitter dogs didn’t breach your consent, she sent you a polite email with a request to confirm and you lost your tit.
In short, she’s an attention seeking egomaniac with delusions of grandeur. A horrible, petty and spiteful person who doesn’t have the good grace or manners to deserve a career in tv.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.