Laura Whitmore #2 Stevie’s mom, has not got it going on!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She can spin it whatever way she likes, she had to have known she would be encouraging a pile on on the journalist. She could have done the exact same thing to make her not completely unreasonable point whilst omitting the journalists name. That was what she got wrong and refuses to back down on and has made a complete and utter hypocrite of her and her be kind theme.

Reactions: 20
Hugs to anyone who has been left feeling tit after reading this crap.

I know it’s human nature to compare ourselves to others but please, if you’re going to compare yourself to anyone make it some worthy of it and not this empty vessel trying to overcompensate for a low self esteem.

Reactions: 26
God she is a bleeping head.
I had crippling PND and she would have genuinely pushed me over the edge if I’d seen something like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hugs to anyone who has been left feeling tit after reading this crap.

I know it’s human nature to compare ourselves to others but please, if you’re going to compare yourself to anyone make it some worthy of it and not this empty vessel trying to overcompensate for a low self esteem.
What you see on social media is what she wants you to see. The reality of a new baby is not easy, we all know that. She is not showing the real picture of what is going on behind the scenes. People would have far more respect if she showed a photo of her looking totally frazzled, no make up on, hair a mess and surroundings less staged. ( She may even have a Nanny who is doing all the running around, and she just has the baby for Insta pics!? )

Reactions: 21
It’s just a really crappy thing to post IMO. I was also very productive when my babies were newborns. I was staring at my baby, amazed how I ever produced such wonderful things. I cuddled them, I counted their fingers and toes. I ate more biscuits than I probably should have. Not to mention the countless nappy changes, changes of clothes, feeds, washing bottles and sterilising too.

I feel sorry for Laura, she doesn’t think her days have any value unless she’s editing a script or paying bills because she’s such a boss female (yawn).

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Niamh Walsh has written about the whole thing, if anyone's interested -- link
--from the linked article
I absolutely love the way Niamh Walsh did not actually mention the name of the presenter in that article, and I'm sure that Ms Madam would have hated that :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
'I'm doing a lot of work behind the scenes' 😂😂😂 What - on Celebrity Juice and Love Island? Yes both so empowering for women.
For the above reasons I can never take her seriously, she's clearly a complete phoney who's a bandwagon feminist (narc in disguise) and just there for the paycheck and it's ok to admit that but stop being so holier than thou!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Did she slag off Lorraine Kelly when she let slip the gender of baby during an interview with whitmore

Reactions: 2
I have to go back to work after 6 weeks with my second and I'm absolutely gutted! There's no way I'll be screaming and shouting about it as I feel enough guilt about it as it is, it's definitely not a badge of honour in my case just a necessity!
Thoughts to you. I was lucky I didn't have to go back to work when mine were babies but I did have to when they were older and we had separated. I had to leave them at 7am and wouldn't be back till after 7pm and I felt like the shittiest mother in the world (along with millions of others I'm sure). Luckily I since found a job nearer home with reduced hours as my health took a battering and now my kids and I are happier. But I know not everyone is as lucky. My GP told me something had to change as I kept getting infection after infection from being so run down, as well as the guilt. I suppose Ms Whitmore will be going back to filming, complete with slim figure, asap, and everyone will say how brilliant she is for "having it all".

• Heart
Reactions: 16
God she is a bleeping head.
I had crippling PND and she would have genuinely pushed me over the edge if I’d seen something like that.
Same, between that post and the one about how fab she feels and how easy she’s finding it all, would have crushed me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I haven't really paid much attention to her over the years, I just knew who she was. Seeing her post a photo of her with the baby in a sling within a day or two of giving birth saying she had felt "better than she had ever felt" just felt hugely OTT to me. And impossible! Anyone who has had a baby knows what a tit show of hormones you have in the first month or two at the least so I do wonder is some of her rage at that journalist due to that. But going on what some are saying here, she has form for being passive aggressive.

Reactions: 27
I haven't really paid much attention to her over the years, I just knew who she was. Seeing her post a photo of her with the baby in a sling within a day or two of giving birth saying she had felt "better than she had ever felt" just felt hugely OTT to me. And impossible! Anyone who has had a baby knows what a tit show of hormones you have in the first month or two at the least so I do wonder is some of her rage at that journalist due to that. But going on what some are saying here, she has form for being passive aggressive.
Yes I saw that too and thought it very unusual. Mind you if we had the help she no doubt has it'd be easier to feel very good too. It was also early days so just because she was feeling good for a while doesn't mean it would last. But of course if she feels off she won't share that (unless maybe after the fact, to sell a book or get some TV appearances or column inches). Saying "everything is great" (even if she feels it is) doesn't really endear her to many.

Reactions: 14
We all know at that point her vagina was being held together by stitches, she was probably still scared about her first poo post birth, her nipples were sore and she had leaky tits. Being held together by various pads and probably absolutely exhausted. To proclaim otherwise and dress in a skin tight dress and go back to work was bloody ridiculous. Mothers know what that first glorious, painful, exhausting week is like. You leak from every hole in your body, your hormones are flying, you can't sit properly and your belly feels empty plus you are exhausted. She's just a bleeping knob for posting how amazing she was post birth because she isn't anatomically different to the rest of us women. She's also not intelligent - I'm so bored her saying she's intelligent 🙄. No hun you literally dedicated a book to your child in their name and revealed the gender too - stop asking for privacy while posting your life across multiple platforms.

Reactions: 42
She's very hard to figure out. I want to like her but the stuff she says is just so frustrating.

Reactions: 6
I hope things remain fine when that 4th trimester ends and the 4th month sleep regression kicks in.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I like that article by Niamh Walsh, and initially I would have loved if she went that bit further and exposed Laura for the true hypocrite she is, like saying she herself has Stevie’s name in her own book and maybe weighed in on the whole be kind thing. But actually the more I think about it the more she didn’t even need to do that. Going down that route would have made it more personal towards Laura and possibly been a bit petty (although satisfying). Nope, she was perfectly correct to be like “no I am not vile and here’s why”, and provide proof of her journalism credentials and the stellar work she has done to make actual changes. All of the work she has done in Ireland in relation to puppy farms, I can only tip my hat. She sounds like a fantastic person. Meanwhile Laura whinges about making changes and all these plans plans plans busy busy busy, but she’ll be on celeb juice on Thursday blindfolded in some sleazy task probably licking some kind of liquid off a guest’s torso thinking she’s gas while her new born baby is at home barely weeks old.
Tell me again who’s vile. And tell me again who is making substantial changes.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
So if she’s breast feeding what’s she done with the baby while she’s at work? My baby is 4 weeks old, her feeding schedule is unpredictable (understandably at this young age) so there’s no way I could leave her for 2/3/4 hours to do a radio show?!

Reactions: 13
We all know at that point her vagina was being held together by stitches, she was probably still scared about her first poo post birth, her nipples were sore and she had leaky tits. Being held together by various pads and probably absolutely exhausted. To proclaim otherwise and dress in a skin tight dress and go back to work was bloody ridiculous. Mothers know what that first glorious, painful, exhausting week is like. You leak from every hole in your body, your hormones are flying, you can't sit properly and your belly feels empty plus you are exhausted. She's just a bleeping knob for posting how amazing she was post birth because she isn't anatomically different to the rest of us women. She's also not intelligent - I'm so bored her saying she's intelligent 🙄. No hun you literally dedicated a book to your child in their name and revealed the gender too - stop asking for privacy while posting your life across multiple platforms.
I’ve had 4 babies now and the newborn fog is only beginning to fade even though he is getting on in months. My first two babies were a dream, never cried, slept through the night very early and just a really lovely experience. My third was a little trickier and my 4th resulted in an emergency c section which I had never experienced before and really struggled to come to terms with. My first 3 took to breastfeeding beautifully and I fed each of them until 12 months. My littlest guy just changed everything. I thought I was a dab hand. I was not. I just was used to easy babies. His birth and aftermath truly nearly broke me and my marriage. My point is that having been at both ends of the spectrum in terms of easy v difficult births and easy v difficult babies.... even at my easiest baby that slept through early on, never ever did I consider myself lucky or felt I needed to be smug. I was still exhausted. Still in agony with my fanny, still questioning everything. Even as a 1st time mum with a baby that slept for hours consistently I knew not to tell other mums this. Because it is bragging. Nothing else for it. Telling other mums you’re having the time of your life is cruel IMO.
I do wonder if in months to come we might hear about Laura’s PND. I do hope she isn’t suffering from it because it is a dark place. But if she isn’t... and she is really a total anomaly and fully enjoying everything that comes with pregnancy, birth and a newborn, then she needs to shut the duck up.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.