Laura Whitmore #2 Stevie’s mom, has not got it going on!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like Iain would be always on eggshells with bitchy moaning Laura- he's famously said everyone says he is punching looks wise with her so may feel inadequate

Reactions: 16
Not just her, but I hate how many celebs bang on about breastfeeding. It feels like they are making out they are super human and also that bottle is bad. I tried breast feeding my daughter, I managed 10 days and it was horrible. She wouldn't latch on properly, my nipples were cracked, she wouldn't feed if I had a nipple shield on, and I was too worked up to express milk. I was crying every time I fed her, and this obviously rubs off on the baby.

It was Christmas eve and I had enough, we went to Boots and bought everything I needed. Christmas day was a dream, she was finally satisfied, I was chilled out and it was the best decision I made. She grew up to be a healthy, intelligent girl - now 22 year old woman. SM and the press need to start supporting women that struggle and accept that breast isn't always best.
This👏👏👏 these celebrities including Helen Flanagan and co really act like they are Mother Nature in human form and go on and on and on about being able to breastfeed. Fed is best. End of.

People go on about how breastfeeding needs more awareness... in my personal opinion I honestly think there is more stigma around bottle feeding these days as I see is all these celebs making breast feeding look so easy and not once have I ever seen show a box of formula apart from maybe dani dyer? And she beat herself up for not being able to breastfeed probably because she has seen the same thing on Instagram from ‘supermums’. There shouldn’t be any stigma about anyway you feed a baby a baby needs fed and that’s about it. Of course Laura uses this as a look at how great I am thing. Heaven forbid she wasn’t able to take the pain of cracked nipples or Steve having tongue tie! How would she have showed off then?

on another note I feel sad for her because nothing else matters when you have a newborn, maternity leave is there for a reason. Soak in those precious quiet moments whileu can before u have a crazy toddler on your hands.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
At least Laura has spared us all the sight of her bosoms on display. So many breast feeding photos nowadays look almost sleazy and sexual.

Reactions: 11
At least Laura has spared us all the sight of her bosoms on display. So many breast feeding photos nowadays look almost sleazy and sexual.
Go see Ashley James for that but be prepared for the massive rant if she's called out on it. Breast feeding in Ann Summers underwear, walking around naked because she breastfeeds, exclusively don't you know!, and doesn't have time to dress herself, and so on and on and on.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
My money’s on little miss perfect doing a complete 180 in 18 months or so and coming out with ‘my secret baby hell: on the outside I looked like I had it all, on the inside I was dying’ or some such when she has something else to flog.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Hahaha she is definitely the type to emasculate a man. I’ve met a few like that in my time. Not satisfied with an equal footing in a relationship she needs a little willing lackey to fold to her every whim and worship at her feet. Dim.

I think it’s pretty telling that his instagram iD is ‘iaindoesjokes’ does he?? He needs to remind people that he pretends to be a comedian....usually that’s a clue you don’t have the natural charisma. He’s as funny as a nose bleed without a tissue on a packed train.

i dont think she can be good for his career, although they are pretty much secure financially so doubt it will matter too much at this stage. any interview i see of them together she always speaks over him and never lets him really speak.
She’s coercively controlling him I reckon....’you’re loookey ya got ya wan on tha telly’. Poor simp.

I feel like Iain would be always on eggshells with bitchy moaning Laura- he's famously said everyone says he is punching looks wise with her so may feel inadequate

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Jesus though, in her head she probably thinks that she can share all this breastfeeding/multitasking/supermom shite as some kind of female empowerment, look what women can do, our bodies are amazing shtick, but can't see beyond her own experience to the woman who cannot get her baby to breastfeed, or who it just won't work for. The women that have tried and are struggling with their bodies and their minds in those first few weeks. The women with pnd or other mental health issues who are not finding things so easy. It's not her fault that this is her experience and that it is harder for other women, but she doesn't have to be such an insufferable smug twit about it. Breastfeeding is great and we know it has its benefits, we know, we know, but it is not always best. A happy healthy mother and baby is all that matters ffs. Sorry for the rant but for so many vulnerable women, a post like that could be so catastrophic.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Is the baby’s name definitely Stevie? Was the baby’s name leaked online before all this happened?

Because Laura gave it more attention by retweeting a screen shot of the journalist’s email. 🙄🙄

she completely overreacted imo, she’s not as famous or big a name as she likes to think she is

but she could have at least dealt with it privately, instead of naming and shaming an individual journalist publicly, and drawing more attention to her baby’s name.

Thank God it backfired on her!

From that article it says;

“Clearly some people in Laura’s life leaked the baby’s name and she may be targetting her disappointment and anger at the wrong person”

Er yeah, wasn’t the person who leaked the baby’s name Laura, by setting up a IG account? In the babies full name? No baby on earth needs it’s own IG account, ffs. If she wanted to share baby photos, there are a multitude of other ways she could have done that incognito or at the very least, used an @ on IG that doesn’t give away the baby’s name. My first thought when she started kicking off on Twitter about it, was that they had a deal with Hello or similar for the reveal and she was pissed that she wasn’t going to get paid for an exclusive.

Reactions: 12
Not just her, but I hate how many celebs bang on about breastfeeding. It feels like they are making out they are super human and also that bottle is bad. I tried breast feeding my daughter, I managed 10 days and it was horrible. She wouldn't latch on properly, my nipples were cracked, she wouldn't feed if I had a nipple shield on, and I was too worked up to express milk. I was crying every time I fed her, and this obviously rubs off on the baby.

It was Christmas eve and I had enough, we went to Boots and bought everything I needed. Christmas day was a dream, she was finally satisfied, I was chilled out and it was the best decision I made. She grew up to be a healthy, intelligent girl - now 22 year old woman. SM and the press need to start supporting women that struggle and accept that breast isn't always best.
I hate how celebs do this too, the only difference being I didn’t want to do it and didn’t try. I wanted to bottle feed and I’m glad I did cos I ended up being in such a bad place mentally that breastfeeding would have just made it worse. But it would be nice to see someone in the public eye admit that they didn’t want to. You’re no less of a mother just because you feed your baby formula.

Reactions: 16
I’m in 2 minds about how celebs talk about breast feeding.
On one hand - it’s great, breast feeding should be encouraged (when possible) because our rates are shocking, and it absolutely is superior to formula. That is a fact that cannot be argued.
On the other - it has the ability to make women who can’t (and there are plenty of reasons why women can’t) feed feel less than. Which is obviously dangerous.
I say all of this as someone who couldn’t feed for more than 10 days, and confidently moved on to formula, which is an adequate substitute to breast milk, so there is absolutely no shade meant in my comment. Breastfeeding isn’t the best option for every mother.
Basically, I think that as per, Laura has attempted to talk about something with can be highly emotive, and managed to sound like a sanctimonious prick.
A swing and a miss, yet again.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She's been a mum for only a few weeks so shouldn't be so smug just yet. Wait til the 4month sleep regression kicks in and then later when the terrible twos hit 😂😂😂

Reactions: 21
Yeah I’ve just been reading some of the comments she posted back to people on that post and went on one girls profile and said ‘you want to post pictures of your children I don’t’ lots of people rightly calling her out for that too!
Oh my god! Can't stand Laura, her voice does my head in. She seems to be really looking for the limelight lately. Even attacked Ryan tubridy a while ago. I don't think I would have been able to take my bf's job after what happened to Caroline.

If any of ye read her book, what exactly did she say about Danny o’reilly? I had heard he cheated on her and thought it was a shame because I thought they looked great together but the more I saw and heard about Laura the more I thought they were quite mismatched.. I think he’s good looking but more than that he seems chill and confident in himself plus he’s actually talented and I get the impression she likes being the star or the powerful one in the relationship, like others have said here, Iain suits that narrative for her and she does make it sound like she’s sooo beautiful and he’s ordinary and lucky to have her??? It’s bizarre because I can’t ever imagine thinking or implying that about a partner? You might tell your friends they can do better if their boyfriend is a bit of a prick or something but she genuinely comes across to me like SHE thinks she’s better than Iain?
PS I really like the name Stevie for a girl, but I think Laura will be disappointed to know that Ruby Walsh’s sister Katie named her baby girl Stevie a year or two ago and publicly told everyone on the Tommy tiernan show not that long ago!😝

I’ve had a few encounters with Laura Whitmore through work and can confirm that she has a real mean streak. The #bekind movement she’s championing is laughable. She repeatedly name dropped herself and her bf, was petulant, rude and bullying. She clearly couldn’t help herself going after that journalist on SM.

Reactions: 28
I hate how celebs do this too, the only difference being I didn’t want to do it and didn’t try. I wanted to bottle feed and I’m glad I did cos I ended up being in such a bad place mentally that breastfeeding would have just made it worse. But it would be nice to see someone in the public eye admit that they didn’t want to. You’re no less of a mother just because you feed your baby formula.
This 🙌

I’m in 2 minds about how celebs talk about breast feeding.
On one hand - it’s great, breast feeding should be encouraged (when possible) because our rates are shocking, and it absolutely is superior to formula. That is a fact that cannot be argued.
On the other - it has the ability to make women who can’t (and there are plenty of reasons why women can’t) feed feel less than. Which is obviously dangerous.
I say all of this as someone who couldn’t feed for more than 10 days, and confidently moved on to formula, which is an adequate substitute to breast milk, so there is absolutely no shade meant in my comment. Breastfeeding isn’t the best option for every mother.
Basically, I think that as per, Laura has attempted to talk about something with can be highly emotive, and managed to sound like a sanctimonious prick.
A swing and a miss, yet again.
You’re so right. Bf is great, but sometimes it’s not best for every individual. I think celebs go on about breastfeeding just to show off their boobs and be all like “look at meeee I’m a sexy mama”

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh my god! Can't stand Laura, her voice does my head in. She seems to be really looking for the limelight lately. Even attacked Ryan tubridy a while ago. I don't think I would have been able to take my bf's job after what happened to Caroline.
I saw her interview recently with Ryan Tubridy about her miscarriage and he mentioned how she will be helping other women that had a miscarriage by talking about it and I could tell by her face she didn't like that one bit. And she said she didn't want to be the poster girl for miscarriage.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Thing is, Stevie for a girl is clearly a tribute to Stevie Knicks, but her name is Stephanie and Stevie is a nickname for that.
It’s like a girl I know who named her daughter Miley then got annoyed when people mentioned Miley Cyrus- well yeah, because it isn’t actually a name, Cyrus’s name is Destiny but her nickname in the family was smiley as she smiled so much and she pronounced it miley as a toddler.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.