Laura Adlington #2 when you’re Laura, every silver lining has a cloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I NEVER buy anything on launch day. Not that I buy anything from them much anymore anyway.

Reactions: 6
Honestly it is sooo disrespectful to shoppers who she asked to support her brand a mere few weeks ago, pay full price to then have half off. ITS are always at this, surprised any fools pay full price on launch when they can have at least half off just a couple of weeks later. So stupid.
And she's not even mentioned it once since it was launched, why on earth didn't she do the "same dress two sizes" with her collection? Oh yeah, cos probably her mate (cousin? Whoever she is?) wouldn't be able to lie about the tit quality 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Thoughts on the TikTok she shared on her insta story? I have mixed feelings about it, and that’s probably down to the fact it was shared by Laura. Petty, I know. To me, that TikTok kinda invalidates the insecurities ‘skinny’ women might have. Idk, the heat has probably got to me 😅

Thoughts on the TikTok she shared on her insta story? I have mixed feelings about it, and that’s probably down to the fact it was shared by Laura. Petty, I know. To me, that TikTok kinda invalidates the insecurities ‘skinny’ women might have. Idk, the heat has probably got to me 😅
I think that if Laura was actually living the ethos of what she says, for instance on the podcast, then she would allow ALL women to live their truth and feel body positive. But in fact what she does and what she’s approving of by sharing that is allowing those in a smaller body to her to be called out as not fat enough to have insecurities. They allow it on their Facebook page too. Those that aren’t as big as others are treated like tit for not being fat enough to have feelings on how their body looks or how insecure they feel. Laura is not truly about body positivity or anything like that anyway. She is desperate to feel accepted in her own body and she wants to be allowed to gain as much weight as she wants whilst claiming that the world should adapt around her. Through that she has built this ‘we’ mentality to get people on board. If I’m honest I think she uses the bopo community to fuel her laziness towards her lifestyle. Lots of bopo influencers do that and there are a lot of really toxic bopo influencers who go all enraged when someone loses weight for any reason or they want to change their direction. Everyone can see she isn’t happy, she doesn’t look happy or content. She looks uncomfortable and is always firstly on the attack with anything to do with size, rather than using reasoning to evaluate the whole picture. The sclub7 guy was by far the worst I’ve seen her aligning her own thoughts on weight to someone else when it was absolutely nothing to do with that.
I do think that there are genuinely ‘thin’ people that play on showing skin rolls and claiming they’re just like fat people, but people that are thin (unlike me) are also allowed to feel how they feel about their own bodies.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Fully agree, I think she has a size in mind where it can only be people of that size and bigger get to do the whole body positivity thing. She's no right to complain whether a person size 8 or 28 is doing a video on rolls etc, it's all relative to the individual. Also I agree the world needs to adapt and get used to seeing people all shapes and sizes enjoying themselves as we are all going to die one day, but she's missing out on life by sitting back and complaining that XYZ don't cater, don't do, don't have etc for her size. Like it or not, the majority of people are not size 28 so if you really are going to be happy and positive you've to get comfortable with that, and know that some things won't work out if you are a size 28. She consistently looks uncomfortable and miserable at times so I firmly believe she is anything but happy and positive.

Reactions: 13
I get what you mean but I’d rather be single and childless than stuck with someone I didn’t respect or even particularly like just because of the kids/ dog
100%. kids know parents are not happy and that leads to a miserable childhood in my opinion. Laura just seems spoiled rotten to me, never happy.

Reactions: 5
100%. kids know parents are not happy and that leads to a miserable childhood in my opinion. Laura just seems spoiled rotten to me, never happy.
I worked with a woman who had a HORRIBLE attitude, that effected the rest of the office when it was bad. Turns out she was pampered by her parents and she’s been with her husband for 15 years who has “never told me no”. I get similar vibes from Laura.

Re: the TikTok. I get what it means, it is ridiculous to see woman with minimal amounts of body fat complain online about it, like they’re not the target market for all shops. It’s really demoralising as a moderately fat person (size 18/20). It’s not the same thing but it’s a minuscule version of “all lives matter”. Yes all bodies matter and have insecurities, but not all are treated equal.

My best friend is a size 6 and has insecurities, they’re allowed but at least hers are catered for.

Reactions: 9
I worked with a woman who had a HORRIBLE attitude, that effected the rest of the office when it was bad. Turns out she was pampered by her parents and she’s been with her husband for 15 years who has “never told me no”. I get similar vibes from Laura.

Re: the TikTok. I get what it means, it is ridiculous to see woman with minimal amounts of body fat complain online about it, like they’re not the target market for all shops. It’s really demoralising as a moderately fat person (size 18/20). It’s not the same thing but it’s a minuscule version of “all lives matter”. Yes all bodies matter and have insecurities, but not all are treated equal.

My best friend is a size 6 and has insecurities, they’re allowed but at least hers are catered for.
I agree in some ways. It is really sad that obese people are treated badly and feel so outcast. However to get to the point that they have to turn on others, or use them as fodder for social media content I don’t like that. I get why people do feel like there is a privilege on smaller bodies, because there absolutely is! im treated different now to how I was and that’s disrespectful when I’m the same brain and soul I was. If someone smaller was using a video of Laura saying along the lines of this girl wants to be aligned with slim people and not thought of as different, but how could she as she’s so big, that would be horrendous.
I’m really lucky, I never felt as attacked as Laura does, when I was a 28, I definitely felt out of place and it was crap not being able to get proper fitting clothes. I refuse to allow others make me feel bad for who iam. I’ve also since lost a lot of weight because I was in agony with the weight of my body on my knees and badly wanted children and family life. Although I got pregnant whilst obese, I could not have given my child a mother that runs round and plays with them like I can do now. Still love my body the same as I did though.
Please don’t think I’m arguing with you or shutting you down or anything because I’m not and I totally get it. I just really dislike Laura and others approach on the matter. She has a terrible attitude and by her standards at a 18, you’d be someone she’d deem as too small to understand her, but you do understand and empathise.
In my eyes and in my tiny opinion, to succeed at bringing everyone in alignment and see the clothes for fat people that look the same as slim people as well as equality with other things, there shouldn’t be a battle line drawn and dividing people. The movement needs to bring smaller bodied people on board to educate them to realise the differences that they’re allowing in clothing, in attitudes etc. People who have always been slim or who are slim but have never had an eating issue don’t get it but making smart ass videos ridiculing them isn’t going to help them understand how privileged they are.

• Heart
That reel with the same dress different bodies she's recently put on has pissed me off. Since when was a rust dress period colour and it actually looked nice on her! And the people licking their arse in the comments over the word gunt, how is that people's first time hearing gunt?!

Reactions: 9
Her exuberance and thinking she's soo so funny. It's so put on. That's not her true persona. She must be exhausted after doing those videos and having to feign happiness and hilarity for the duration. Agree, that is such a crass way to label a rust coloured dress. I don't think anything looks particularly nice on her and it's so boring seeing a conveyor belt of dresses 🥱💤

Reactions: 19
She never shows the dresses properly int hose reels. What do they look like from the side or back? No one will ever know because she doesn’t show us. What’s the point?

She’s down as a size 28 on her ITS collection and their dress sizes are very generous so I can only assume none of the reel dresses actually fit and that’s why she is not showing them.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.