Last Film You Watched? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Struggling to get through Damsel.

Millie BB running around screaming/whispering/girl powering to herself for 2 hours holy duck this is sooooo boring.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Gia - Angelina Jolie portraying gia, considered by some to be the first super model.

Reactions: 1
Dune Part 1. I was surprised, I really enjoyed it. It "felt" truly huge, like you could feel the vastness of the worlds. There was also a really ominous tension which I loved.

I actually thought it felt like Arrival, which is one of my favourite films of all time- then I saw that it's directed by the same person.

Going to see Part 2 on Thursday, I can't wait.

Reactions: 1
Saw Dune 2. Again visually superb, amazing action set pieces and the music from Hans Zimmer is again out of this world (pardon the pun)

Minor quibbles: The action that the film culminates toward in the final 40 minutes seems awfully rushed

Like I thought for a pair of films that have been building in such a slow, deliberate way, it jumped far too fast into a climactic battle.
One moment Paul is with the southern tribes, after what is shown as being an incredibly long arduous journey, the next he is back in the north with an entire army of tens of thousands of people. Would it not have taken weeks, if not months, to get all those people from one part of the planet to the other?

Then the battle. In Return of the King, the climactic battle was an epic thing that lasted for well over an hour. In this battle, one second the assault is launched, the next, they are breaking down the door into the Emporer. It seemed waaay to fast and waaay too easy. The Emporer's troops sadukar, or whatever they were called, were meant to be the greatest in the universe. From here it looks like they would have been better off with a few orcs

The other issue I had with it was that I didn't "care" as much for Paul as maybe I should have. I think he's more likeable or something in the first film.
I probably cared for Zendaya's character more- she did a brilliant job.

Overall, a superb film, but not without its faults, IMO

Struggling to get through Damsel.

Millie BB running around screaming/whispering/girl powering to herself for 2 hours holy duck this is sooooo boring.
Watched it this evening. Agree - a bit tit. Also think MBB has gone slightly overboard with the facial ‘tweakments’

Reactions: 3
Poor Things - loved it. Yet again, one to watch on your own.
Started watching this last night but I fell asleep 10 minutes in. Not a reflection on the film, which seemed really good from what I could tell, but just that I was exhausted 🙈

Will be trying it again for sure.

Wicked little letters. Jessie Buckley is fabulous but the film is a bit meh!!!

Would probably have been better as TV special.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.