Last Film You Watched? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched Avengers: Infinity War.

It's the first Marvel film I've watched and decided that I wasn't starting from the beginning so went straight to near the end. I also wanted to watch one that had most of them in.

Very enjoyable for what it is but very long.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Wrong Turn (2021) not that scary or edge of your seat as I thought it would be.
That's a shame. I have that in my watch list.

I also watched 'Pentagram' last night. What a load of nonsense. Super cheap, repetitive film. Very distracting because I think all the actors are Englis and all but one had fake American accents. It's set in America but was made in Derby and it shows. The story had potential but was completely wasted.

As one reviewer put it:

'This film fails on the directing, cinematography, editing, script, story, lighting, fx and acting.'

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That's a shame. I have that in my watch list.

I also watched 'Pentagram' last night. What a load of nonsense. Super cheap, repetitive film. Very distracting because I think all the actors are Englis and all but one had fake American accents. It's set in America but was made in Derby and it shows. The story had potential but was completely wasted.

As one reviewer put it:

'This film fails on the directing, cinematography, editing, script, story, lighting, fx and acting.'
Oh I had pentagram on my list
🤦 😄
That's some review - for it to bad in so many areas is quite unusual.

Oh I had pentagram on my list
🤦 😄
That's some review - for it to bad in so many areas is quite unusual.
I'm usually quite forgiving with British made, cheap horror films. I've watched plenty of them and enjoyed many in their own ways but it was actually just boring. No idea why they've set it in America.

Mope. Don’t bother, you would need a long hot bath after it, and not for good reasons. Disturbing and seedy.

Reactions: 1
Wrong turn (2021) it wasn't what I expected but I actually quite enjoyed it I liked the change of direction half way through

I watched wrong turn today and also quite enjoyed it. Again wasn't quite what I expected but it held my attention.not scary but a bit creepy in places.

Had a bit of a movie marathon today;

Valentine
Fatal Attraction
Great White
The Witches (remake)
Candyman (original)

Suicide Squad.
Not sure. MCU is way ahead of the DCEU. DC movies just start with team movies with random heroes who I don´t know so it is difficult to care for them. Marvel built their franchise on modest base of a few heroes we got to know and care and gradually built up towards The Avengers and beyond.

Idris Elba was great. The character of Harley Quinn is annoying as hell.
But it was obvious James Gunn did it and took a different approach (more Marvelish) but I will still stick to the Marvel movies which, even the worst, are at least average. It was not a bad movie, I just always get the feeling that they want to throw so much into those movies that it is a mess.
But I am still sorry it flopped because this strategy to have to movie on stream at the same time is stupid. That way, everybody will see the movie....but nobody will pay for it :(

I watched 'Unstoppable' at home the other night, about the train that won't well ... stop haha. Ehhh, found it a bit dull.

American Mary (netflix). More gory than scary. What's starts out as a side piece to earn extra money ends in a bloodbath of revenge.

On TV - The Dry, with Eric Bana - was absolutely fantastic, much better than I thought.

In the cinema - Space Jam: A New Legacy. It was fine.

Hostel 2 and omg!!
I forgot about one particular death torture scene in that film and bleeping hell!! 🤢🤢🤢

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears.

I absolutely love Miss Fisher and this is a great little film. Very easy on the brain and some fabulous outfits as per.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.