Last Film You Watched? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I felt like that about All of Us Strangers. I can cry at adverts and I was expecting to be a total mess by the end of this film but I wasn't. I wonder...say I'd never heard of it and hadn't hyped up in my head would I have reacted differently? I still thought it was an absolutely beautiful film though.
I was exactly the same. My friends joke that I cry because the SCS sale is ending 🤣 So I fully expected to be a sobbing mess and nothing. I thought it was beautiful and so well made. Maybe it'll get me on a second viewing when I have no expectations

Reactions: 1
The Greatest Night in Pop, on Netflix. It’s the documentary about the night when We Are The World was recorded. I loved the footage from back then, seeing all these 80s mega stars, but the interviews kind of fell flat. Lionel Ritchie is not a great storyteller, and for some reason one of the camera men from that night got a lot of interview time, which he used to explain how excited it all was for him.
I get that Quincy Jones is in his 90s, Belafonte and Jackson are dead, but not even Stevie Wonder was up for this docu? Could have been a lot better than it was. As far as music documentaries on Netflix go, the one about Wham! is so much better.

Reactions: 2
Haunt - Netflix

Not sure why it’s called Haunt ( or why it’s been released this month) . Thought it was a reasonably decent attempt at a horror. Plenty of gore . Killers with creepy masks.

Not the worst horror I have even seen( based on the fact I didn’t switch it off which I usually do if I don’t like it).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Can someone please explain to me why May December is classed as a comedy?? A farce maybe, but a comedy???

Saw zone on interest a few days ago. Really haunting!
going to see the beekeeper tomorrow.

Haunt - Netflix

Not sure why it’s called Haunt ( or why it’s been released this month) . Thought it was a reasonably decent attempt at a horror. Plenty of gore . Killers with creepy masks.

Not the worst horror I have even seen( based on the fact I didn’t switch it off which I usually do if I don’t like it).
I watched this last night and thought it was such a random thing to be recommended in February. I have to say I pressed the 👎🏻 button and then tortured myself further by watching Deep Fear.

I had a day off today and decided to go on a solo cinema visit. I saw All of us strangers and I’m glad there were only 5 of us in the cinema so nobody could see my tears. Such a beautiful film with brilliant acting from them all. It really hit a bit close to home for me at times and I cried for most of the drive home too 😢

• Heart
Once upon a time in America (1984)
I don't think anyone would want Robert de Niro waiting for them after watching this film.

• Haha
Just watched a romantic drama from 2007 called silk. I really enjoyed it however the sad news is, the lead actor Michael Pitt has recently been sectioned due to serious mental health problems and one of his love interest in the film, a beautiful Japanese actress killed herself in 2020 :(

I went to see All of us Strangers last night.

I would watch Andrew Scott act the phone book. I adore him. I also love Paul Mescal and Clare Foy.

The acting was exemplary.

I realised pretty much immediately what the "twist was" but it didn't ruin it for me. However I didn't end up sobbing at the end because I'd already known what was happening and that had led me to watch with a great deal of sadness that this was a lonely man living through his trauma in his mind and creating a fantasy to live in.

Overall it just didn't hit the spot for me though, maybe I paid too much attention to the hype. Wish I'd have waited for it to come out on streaming rather than waste £20 on cinema tickets.

Reactions: 5
Watched ‘Zone of Interest’ at the cinema this week. It was cleverly done and glad I saw in on the big screen as it was easier to notice the things going on in the background. Did some reading around it afterwards, very cleverly done.

Just watched a romantic drama from 2007 called silk. I really enjoyed it however the sad news is, the lead actor Michael Pitt has recently been sectioned due to serious mental health problems and one of his love interest in the film, a beautiful Japanese actress killed herself in 2020 :(
That’s so sad. I really liked Michael Pitt in Boardwalk Empire, such a shame he’s having a hard time atm.

Last movie I watched was No Hard Feelings, it was quite funny and I enjoyed it. I wasn’t expecting much.

Mean Girls 2024, can't lie it was good fun.

I didn't know it was a musical!

Tina Fey looked younger than Lindsay Lohan 😱

Watched ‘Zone of Interest’ at the cinema this week. It was cleverly done and glad I saw in on the big screen as it was easier to notice the things going on in the background. Did some reading around it afterwards, very cleverly done.
I watched this last night and felt the same. It made me think of the Hannah Arendt phrase, the banality of evil. Very powerful film.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.