Last Film You Watched? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally watched The Iron Claw last night. I wanted to watch it ever since I heard it was in development, but this was the first chance I'd had.

I wasn't sure about some of the casting, but I did enjoy it overall. I did wonder how much I'd enjoy it if I didn't know the von Erich's story.

Reactions: 6
Just got back from Godzilla X Kong: the New Empire.

I bleeping loved Godzilla Minus One (should have been nominated for an Oscar for the sound design alone, IMO) and have enjoyed all the other Legendary movies.

Ummmm....

Kong had a toothache.

Godzilla sleeps in a giant cat bed.

Kong entered The Temple of Doom with a monkey Short Round who looked at least 40% House Elf. Tried to go a bit Spartacus at one point, but it didn't last. We then crossed to Planet of the Apes where Short Round's Mum/Dad/friend/brother/cousin/whatever got hoofed into some lava for shits and giggles. So he pointed to the door so Kong could leave.

White woman is the only person who can translate the language (cartoons) of the Hidden Tribe. Despite having an adoptive child who was from an offshoot of the Hidden Tribe of clever natives who communicate through telepathy and can use ASL. Like Kong and Short Round.

Teenage girl was The Chosen One.

Mothra floated around a bit telling the other kaiju to just be friends.

Big fight, Short Round got to be Scar from the Lion King for a bit.

White guy/Kaiju Dentist brings in the Deus ex Machina/eagles/cavalry.

The Chosen One decides she wants to go back to America where she's miserable and isolated.

The movie ends with Kong going back to rule the enslaved children apes in place of Scar (yep, they did the 'disfigurement = evil' trope)

Meh.

All of us strangers. How Andrew Scott did not get an Oscar is unbelievable.
Have tissues for the middle scene.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It absolutely killed me!

I watched The New Boy at the cinema last night. Meanders a bit, but it's not the story you think it's going to be and the characters are very well thought-out.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It ended me! I started crying around 20 mins in, reached peak wailing half way through and then blubbed through the rest of it. Honestly, it was devastating. Beautiful but devastating.

Also I thought Claire Foy was remarkable. Breaks my heart just thinking about it 🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Roadhouse ... load of shite but in a good way. Really enjoyed it.

It wasn't too bad up until the point Conor Mcgregor appeared. He was so bad 😂
Do you know he is now the highest paid first time actor and beaten Dwayne Johnson? He could have done without speaking. I couldn't understand him most of the time TBH.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
It ended me! I started crying around 20 mins in, reached peak wailing half way through and then blubbed through the rest of it. Honestly, it was devastating. Beautiful but devastating.

Also I thought Claire Foy was remarkable. Breaks my heart just thinking about it 🥹
The scene around the Christmas tree broke me and I just gave up after that. It's all the things that we leave unsaid and allow to gnaw away at us.

Has anyone seen Robot Dreams yet? That's meant to be sad and I don't fancy blubbering at a cartoon.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Roadhouse ... load of shite but in a good way. Really enjoyed it.

Do you know he is now the highest paid first time actor and beaten Dwayne Johnson? He could have done without speaking. I couldn't understand him most of the time TBH.
I couldn't understand him either! Hopefully he won't do any more films 🤞

Reactions: 1

I thought Jamie Bell was brilliant in it too. With such a small number of characters they all needed to give really strong performances, and they really did.

The last film I saw was Mothers Instinct and it was so bad. At the same time, I thought Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain's acting was brilliant, the plot was just a damp squib.

Reactions: 5
I thought Jamie Bell was brilliant in it too. With such a small number of characters they all needed to give really strong performances, and they really did.

The last film I saw was Mothers Instinct and it was so bad. At the same time, I thought Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain's acting was brilliant, the plot was just a damp squib.
I saw the trailer for Mother's Instinct and it was basically the whole story so I feel like I've already seen it.

Just struggled through Dune 1.

Wicked little letters- walked out halfway through. Culprit was quite obvious and without the swearing there wasnt really any humour
Ohhh shoot! I was looking forward to this!
---
Bob Marley one love, not fantastic but worth a watch if you are a fan
Oooph, I have to disagree. It’s a hard play - that role. I could almost see the stress and nerves on the actor. Bob was charismatic, he ooozed a natural cool vibe, sadly the lead did not!

Last edited:
I agree they were all fantastic. The scene with Jamie Bell and Andrew Scott talking about when he would hear him crying in his room finished me off 😢

Reactions: 5
I agree they were all fantastic. The scene with Jamie Bell and Andrew Scott talking about when he would hear him crying in his room finished me off 😢
Yes that was heartbreaking! All the parent stuff was next level. Also Paul Mescal at the end 😭😭

Reactions: 2
Yes that was heartbreaking! All the parent stuff was next level. Also Paul Mescal at the end 😭😭
I can’t see how anyone who has had a difficult relationship with their parents, has had a major bereavement or been lonely couldn’t watch this film without their heart breaking. It’s an extraordinary film. Beautiful but devastating.

• Heart
I can’t see how anyone who has had a difficult relationship with their parents, has had a major bereavement or been lonely couldn’t watch this film without their heart breaking. It’s an extraordinary film. Beautiful but devastating.
Absolutely, I was in total bits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.