Lalalaletmeexplain

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the same thing. I’m also really suspicious about why she doesn’t want her real name public to such an extent that she won’t give it to a company. We all know what her name is but what does she think SweatyBetty are going to do with it? She’s just a customer to them, they don’t care about her account or her identity. And truthfully, I’ve never bought her saying “i have to keep my identity private because I used to be a social worker and I’ve taken peoples kids away so I don’t want them to find me.”

that makes no sense. If she was working with a family and compiling reports with them that ultimately led to their kids being taken away, the family knew her name. People know the names of the social workers that are working with them. They’ve seen the reports and they’ve seen the ID badges. Her account being anonymous is nothing to do with her former job. And she has said her son knows about her account and told his dad and his school friends. So it’s not to protect him from embarrassment at school because he knows and has told people he knows. There must be things in her past she doesn’t want people from her personal life to reveal about her.
I genuinely think she has been through some sort of disciplinary action in the job and had to leave or was fired

Reactions: 4
I think she realised she couldn't carry on as she was - she wanted a bigger platform and more success and it' almost impossible to stay truly anonymous then. Plus, she painted herself quite differently to reality. I was picturing a Maya Jama-type woman.

Reactions: 8
I think she realised she couldn't carry on as she was - she wanted a bigger platform and more success and it' almost impossible to stay truly anonymous then. Plus, she painted herself quite differently to reality. I was picturing a Maya Jama-type woman.
oh she definitely did portray herself to be a completely different person. I was like you at first. Picturing a gorgeous maya jama type woman. She’s nothing like her though 😫

Reactions: 5
Wows so glad I found this thread. It’s been an eye opener.

i unfollowed “Layla” a couple of years ago when she went on a weird tirade about weed, basically defending weed usage and saying she thought it was better to babysit a child on weed rather than an alcohol. It felt very off to me because;

1. It was bizarrely defensive of weed that made it immediately clear she obviously used it
2. Surely being around children, the ideal is to not be abusing substances at all? As a social worker surely this is something she understands?
and 3. Alcohol is legal, weed is not. By indulging in weed around children you are directly and indirectly engaging in criminal activity. How is that ethical in any way? What sort of social worker would give that the OK?

i thought I’d refollow and see how that went but she still feels dodgy. Moaning about sweaty Beatty until she realises her buddy em clarkson advertised for them so of course she has to backtrack ever so slightly. It’s nothing to do with respecting Em and everything to do with bigging each other up and collaborating for exposure.

as for reporting tattle? Not a good look and just reinforces what’s been said about her being confrontational and defensive.

Reactions: 10
I wish she wouldn’t use those stupid filters when she’s talking about something as serious and heavy as femicide. There’s something so twisted about talking about a woman’s murder while using a filter showing just eyes and mouth that’s meant to be comedic. she wants to be anonymous, fine, whatever. But if you’re talking about something this dark and this serious maybe just do a voiceover and skip the silly filters. She makes brilliant arguments and I enjoy her feminist values but the silly filters during these topics are really poor taste.

I wish she wouldn’t use those stupid filters when she’s talking about something as serious and heavy as femicide. There’s something so twisted about talking about a woman’s murder while using a filter showing just eyes and mouth that’s meant to be comedic. she wants to be anonymous, fine, whatever. But if you’re talking about something this dark and this serious maybe just do a voiceover and skip the silly filters. She makes brilliant arguments and I enjoy her feminist values but the silly filters during these topics are really poor taste.
Exactly this. I find I'm skipping through her stories when she's using those ridiculous filters. It completely dilutes down the topics for me. I can not take her seriously.

Reactions: 8
Never heard of this woman until I heard her on the love island podcast (my pod on paper) I fully expected to find a black woman or woman of colour and got quite excited to find out more about her.

Disappointed to find another white woman who has made her preference for black men an entire personality.

• Heart
Never heard of this woman until I heard her on the love island podcast (my pod on paper) I fully expected to find a black woman or woman of colour and got quite excited to find out more about her.

Disappointed to find another white woman who has made her preference for black men an entire personality.
Is she not mixed race?

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again- she’ blackfishes completely. She’s a white Jewish women with a fetish for black men

Reactions: 12
She’s contradicting herself so much, but expects women to buy her book and take advice from her? Anyone with half a brain cell can see through her copied memes

Reactions: 6
Did she actually create "The Ick?"
I feel like its something that's been around for bloody ages - even when I was young (and trust me that was a few decades ago!)

Reactions: 11
She definitely didn’t. She didn’t originate ick stories either. Just because she hasn’t seen anyone else do them on Instagram doesn’t mean nobody else was doing them. The boys on the shxtsngigs podcast do the best ick stories anyway. They’re so much funnier than hers. And I highly doubt they got the concept from her 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Has anyone read her book? Is it worth reading? I read her blog back in the day and noticed she removed most of the posts, I wondered if that’s was because she’d turned a lot of the blog into the book

Reactions: 1
I think she removed the blogs because a lot of them talked about her love of party drugs.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.