L&R dreaming. (Disney vloggers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They've already put their decorations up so I'm not sure how much they're going to get out of vlogmas considering we are unlikely to be able to go anywhere

I'd say it was after their big Hawaii and California trip things started to change. Their recent friendships with adam hattan and some of the more toxic vloggers also doesn't help. I just wish they would go back to their old selves, although Luke has always come across as having slight controlling tendencies and possibly be a bit awkward

Reactions: 7
I’ll add that the final nail in the coffin for me was when they started shilling their own tshirts and masks.

Reactions: 6
I’ll add that the final nail in the coffin for me was when they started shilling their own tshirts and masks.
I always find that channels that were intended to just be a holiday diary, but then become commercial (Adam Hattan/lodge guys/disney in detail) just go down hill from the moment they start making money.

trips become a money-making and status thing, rather than a beloved family holiday, vacations start being taken for granted, and overall - the fun seems to disappear!

Reactions: 11
Flogging the 15% BF discount for Magical Day Apparel I see. Includes those supposedly limited edition tshirts from the summer that 99% of sheep haven’t had a chance to even wear in a park yet.

Reactions: 5
Flogging the 15% BF discount for Magical Day Apparel I see. Includes those supposedly limited edition tshirts from the summer that 99% of sheep haven’t had a chance to even wear in a park yet.
This has really upset me. I got a Tshirt as they said it was limited time and it clearly wasn’t!

No vlog in 3 MONTHS! So incredibly rude, and the last one was to sell merch. I don’t know how they can sit there posting about vlogmas and throwback photos on Instagram. No shame at all ££££

Can’t wait for the ‘hey guys, been so busy with work, it’s been so tough, really hard in lockdown, but we are back to make a load of vlogs before Christmas to make as much money as we can from YouTube and more merch!’

Then vanish again until the next trip. I unsubbed last night. No respect for us at all. They just use us.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes @Catlady1972 it’s very frustrating to see they have gone this way. After loving their first Vlogmas we could not wait the following year until everyone was home from work/school every day to watch again. It’s well documented through this thread how disappointed I was with them & how torn I was at starting to realise I didn’t like them anymore. From their early days I quite frankly thought the sun shone out their backsides 🙈
I take it you are/were on the group - have you considered voicing your opinion on your purchase and do you know if there are any others who feel the same. I know it’s all very cliquey.

Yes @Catlady1972 it’s very frustrating to see they have gone this way. After loving their first Vlogmas we could not wait the following year until everyone was home from work/school every day to watch again. It’s well documented through this thread how disappointed I was with them & how torn I was at starting to realise I didn’t like them anymore. From their early days I quite frankly thought the sun shone out their backsides 🙈
I take it you are/were on the group - have you considered voicing your opinion on your purchase and do you know if there are any others who feel the same. I know it’s all very cliquey.
I used to be in the group but I left. That Dawn woman won’t let you even mention a shop to buy nice Disney stuff on, let alone another vlogger (even one that’s in their vlogs) I think they need to rethink their friendship with that tonic controlling woman.

I know a couple of my friends feel the same as me. No harm in making money from merch, but to not upload for 3 months and to vanish like that was extremely disrespectful to us viewers. I wish I could return my tshirt. I’m sure their vlogmas will do well but for me this year has shown me how lazy they are. How entitled they’ve sadly become. Whether you like him or not, at least Adam Hattan has done vlogs, others have done weekly home vlogs, a hello live here and there.. and even those Disney discussion people have done a live every Saturday to keep the Disney chat alive with multiple people.

These 2 are just idol and self absorbed. Took our money and ran. So very rude and I’m very upset by it.

They used to be so nice. Had the cute and innocent vice and thought they were really sweet. We would watch them over the self obsessed vloggers but it just got too overkill with the 4 trips + a year. I know it’s their money and they can do what they want but I feel like it’s rubbing it in a lot of peoples faces how much they go and how much they spend. I’m done with all of the Disney vloggers. I love Disney but think there an age when it’s acceptable to go every couple of years or less 😂

I used to be in the group but I left. That Dawn woman won’t let you even mention a shop to buy nice Disney stuff on, let alone another vlogger (even one that’s in their vlogs) I think they need to rethink their friendship with that tonic controlling woman.

I know a couple of my friends feel the same as me. No harm in making money from merch, but to not upload for 3 months and to vanish like that was extremely disrespectful to us viewers. I wish I could return my tshirt. I’m sure their vlogmas will do well but for me this year has shown me how lazy they are. How entitled they’ve sadly become. Whether you like him or not, at least Adam Hattan has done vlogs, others have done weekly home vlogs, a hello live here and there.. and even those Disney discussion people have done a live every Saturday to keep the Disney chat alive with multiple people.

These 2 are just idol and self absorbed. Took our money and ran. So very rude and I’m very upset by it.
Dawn thinks she is the boss. I said before on here I remember her ‘welcome’ post when the group started laying dow the law and how she was their best bud 🙄
Still would like to know what happened to the other mod Alison who vanished without trace. I don’t know if I missed anything or if all behind the scenes.
Definitely agree with everything you say.
Have you tried Mr David & Mr Ian? They are actually quite witty and like a bit of a carry on. Don’t pretend to be whiter than white. They have actually gained a larger following through lockdown and posted the other night that they know that people followed them because of their Disney content but thanked everyone for sticking with them and supporting their alternatives which currently is a weekly vlog every Saturday morning. It’s good for a wee chuckle!

Reactions: 9
Yes I really like Mr David and Mr Ian! I think they have shown that you can have a good chatting vlog, they seem very down to Earth.

I just think these holiday vloggers have limited themselves, they seem to have no other interests at all. Which is fine, but the selling merch in the middle of a pandemic and then clearing off is so messed up. They really shouldn’t of done what they did in my opinion and I’ve followed them for about 3 years, since the original vlog days. I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night.

I look forward to the shambles of vlogmas, the endless junk food, we are so tired from work, work is crazy, tough times, Costa, Costco, Disney purchases we have funded by buying their merch. If they even moan about anything in their first vlog, I will not watch the rest ‘it’s been so tough’ but found the time and energy to sell us merch and clear off the Harry Potter studios with Yaz and Ash the next weekend....

Sound like that Tom and Sophie that sold merch and then seemed to disappear for months without saying a word!

At it again thinking they know everything Disney... They've posted about the new Noelle film saying we didn't get this last year... Hun we didn't have Disney Plus until March of this year

• Haha
Just shows how you can go from hero to zero lol their decline can be seen just by reading this thread

So are we going to have a bet on how many times they say the word FESTIVE during Vlogmas???

Possibly a controversial opinion but with a lot of disney vloggers I get a sense its replacing something they are missing in their lives. I love Disney but I also have other interests and could never vlog about it daily or have every aspect of my life disney related. It's also interesting how many vloggers mention mental health or anxiety issues. I'm no psychologist but if i were it would be an interesting topic of study. Does disney offer a safety that they don't find in the real world. Especially when a lot don't seem to be that big a disney fans historically

Possibly a controversial opinion but with a lot of disney vloggers I get a sense its replacing something they are missing in their lives. I love Disney but I also have other interests and could never vlog about it daily or have every aspect of my life disney related. It's also interesting how many vloggers mention mental health or anxiety issues. I'm no psychologist but if i were it would be an interesting topic of study. Does disney offer a safety that they don't find in the real world. Especially when a lot don't seem to be that big a disney fans historically

Really good point. I think the lockdown and travel ban has affected some of the Disney vloggers massively. I’m a WDW fan and we’ve had a couple of big holidays there in the last few years but I honestly couldn’t do more time there, there are too many other things to do or spend your time and money on. I’ve often thought the obsession with it some of the vloggers have is unhealthy, especially when their Disney needs are met at the expense of other things in their life

Really good point. I think the lockdown and travel ban has affected some of the Disney vloggers massively. I’m a WDW fan and we’ve had a couple of big holidays there in the last few years but I honestly couldn’t do more time there, there are too many other things to do or spend your time and money on. I’ve often thought the obsession with it some of the vloggers have is unhealthy, especially when their Disney needs are met at the expense of other things in their life
I often got the feeling that a lot of the Disney bloggers did not really enjoy their trips - they were all done to try and show off. There was always lots of flexing done to see who could do more parks, upgrade their flights or book more expensive hotels.

Quite enjoyed their first vlogmas one. Nothing major but there was a calming familiarity, felt like the old them to me.