Kylie Flavell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks @PlinyinTorquay for the link to Fifties hairstyles! Loved the Golden Age Thinking clip - “Nostalgia is a denial of the painful present. The erroneous notion that a different time period is better than the one one is living in. It’s a flaw in the romantic imagination of those who find if difficult to cope with the present.” Yes that sums up a lot about Kylie’s vlogs🤔 However, despite her claims to be a hopeless ‘Romantic’ she is essentially pragmatic and self-serving.

Reactions: 3
To the various comments about Kylie's clothes, I must say I've always liked her style and, in general, found her outfit choices appropriate, I'd probably have worn a similar outfit to a Berlin nightclub BITD. On her more recent holidays she went cute, favouring classic sundresses, tops and shorts in natural fibres and, while the concepts can sometimes be a little cliched, she's not usually over-styled as are many vloggers, and she always looks comfortable. The bra shots though can only have been done to be a little racey. Her efforts as a seamstress are basic at best but nothing will stop Kylie from having a go and I can't criticise that.

That said, in the past she was dipping in and out of projects and places so, now that she's found her forever scene, we can expect her to fully embrace the modes, mores and accent befitting her new circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
To the various comments about Kylie's clothes, I must say I've always liked her style and, in general, found her outfit choices appropriate, I'd probably have worn a similar outfit to a Berlin nightclub BITD. On her more recent holidays she went cute, favouring classic sundresses, tops and shorts in natural fibres and, while the concepts can sometimes be a little cliched, she's not usually over-styled as are many vloggers, and she always looks comfortable. The bra shots though can only have been done to be a little racey. Her efforts as a seamstress are basic at best but nothing will stop Kylie from having a go and I can't criticise that.

That said, in the past she was dipping in and out of projects and places so, now that she's found her forever scene, we can expect her to fully embrace the modes, mores and accent befitting her new circumstances.
VeeJay, I concur with you on all these points. There is much I like about Kylie's work and, sartorially, I admire her choice of clothes &c. I just wondered if the hairband reflected her predilection for vintage style. Practically, she also has a mane of hair which she probably needs to keep out of her face.

Reactions: 1
I think it's more about what Kylie says (preaches, more like) and what she does. In "How we Met" video, and a few other times, she says she never drinks or have one night stands. The drinking has been disproven, but the whole German nightclub project was built around a one night stand concept. Even if it was just a story, it doesn't mesh with her judgey mcjudgerson attitude towards such things.

Also, I personally hate cliche dressing. Like when I see tourists around in their huge sun hats and lemon print or everything , it's just so cringe. I also don't know any Florentine women going around in rouje vintage style dresses, and jodphurs are left for the actual riding. Her outfits going to the post office and to Guido's office (skirt, boots, wool coat) were more within the norm. Anyone notice the wife in Kylie's lunch video? Rich AF and from a noble line...in jeans and a tee.

Of course she can wear whatever she wants, but it all seems such a put on for the cameras and yeah, clichè. If she had met a Milanese businessman, I think she'd be wearing all black, fur coats and more logo influencer style looks "because that's how people in Milan dress." (I forgot about her tacky Gucci blinged out rich kid street style she picked up while in Rome). If she had met a Venetian artist she'd be in various gondoliere style striped tees with blown glass jewelry. A stereotypical view for her fans who most definitely hold sterotypical ideas about Italy and Italians.

Reactions: 8
I think it's more about what Kylie says (preaches, more like) and what she does. In "How we Met" video, and a few other times, she says she never drinks or have one night stands. The drinking has been disproven, but the whole German nightclub project was built around a one night stand concept. Even if it was just a story, it doesn't mesh with her judgey mcjudgerson attitude towards such things.

Also, I personally hate cliche dressing. Like when I see tourists around in their huge sun hats and lemon print or everything , it's just so cringe. I also don't know any Florentine women going around in rouje vintage style dresses, and jodphurs are left for the actual riding. Her outfits going to the post office and to Guido's office (skirt, boots, wool coat) were more within the norm. Anyone notice the wife in Kylie's lunch video? Rich AF and from a noble line...in jeans and a tee.

Of course she can wear whatever she wants, but it all seems such a put on for the cameras and yeah, clichè. If she had met a Milanese businessman, I think she'd be wearing all black, fur coats and more logo influencer style looks "because that's how people in Milan dress." (I forgot about her tacky Gucci blinged out rich kid street style she picked up while in Rome). If she had met a Venetian artist she'd be in various gondoliere style striped tees with blown glass jewelry. A stereotypical view for her fans who most definitely hold sterotypical ideas about Italy and Italians.
She certainly knows her audience and tailors her shtick accordingly. I wonder whether it's arrogance or naivety that has her believe that various records of her past activities won't come to light to reveal incongruities or outright hypocrisy.

She certainly knows her audience and tailors her shtick accordingly. I wonder whether it's arrogance or naivety that has her believe that various records of her past activities won't come to light to reveal incongruities or outright hypocrisy.
I think arrogance and from the way her fans fawn over her I doubt most of them will ever question her

It's hard to admit one likes Woody Allen's films but I love "Midnight in Paris". Michael Sheen plays the smart-arse character so well, and I love the scene where Carla Bruni challenges him, her performance is very charming.

@VeeJayBee apologies for the complete digression. This is my favourite moment in 'Midnight in Paris' which shows the characters in the Musee de l'Orangerie. It's so funny!

• Haha
I love Midnight in Paris as well. ☺

Back to Kylie, I was rethinking my comment above. I suppose she is dressing a role for her own videos (her subs all refer to them as films anyway.) Even if such cliché makes me roll my eyes, I guess it fits her work? Not much different than her Disney costumes for that engagement video. Lol.

• Haha
@VeeJayBee apologies for the complete digression. This is my favourite moment in 'Midnight in Paris' which shows the characters in the Musee de l'Orangerie. It's so funny!

Something that deals with dilettantes spouting pretentious w*nk surely can't be considered off-topic on this thread!

• Haha
I have jjust finished watching the video with that boyfriend who visits her on the amalfi coast.. I don't get how she can claim she never revealed past relationships, I swear as they are having dinner they actually kiss on screen?

• Wow
I have jjust finished watching the video with that boyfriend who visits her on the amalfi coast.. I don't get how she can claim she never revealed past relationships, I swear as they are having dinner they actually kiss on screen?
Because she wrote and said he was a "dear/good friend" so of course everyone is to believe her!😅 The body language was so clear, and yeah the did have a kiss before eating. Plus she mentions how they always went to Capri for his birthday and knowing what was in his freezer? But then you read the comments and people either say they should be a couple or say they believe her friendzone story. 🤥🙄

No, I wasn't looking for Cannes videos. I was just looking for others, I was trying to figure out a timeline but she does seem to have had a clear out.
I think so too. She deleted a good number of Pasta and Amore, her failed pitch to Netflix. And I have never found the video that initially turned me off to her.

Because she wrote and said he was a "dear/good friend" so of course everyone is to believe her!😅 The body language was so clear, and yeah the did have a kiss before eating. Plus she mentions how they always went to Capri for his birthday and knowing what was in his freezer? But then you read the comments and people either say they should be a couple or say they believe her friendzone story. 🤥🙄

I think so too. She deleted a good number of Pasta and Amore, her failed pitch to Netflix. And I have never found the video that initially turned me off to her.
probably yet another person who said he loved her before even kissing :rolleyes: It's so odd they would have been in a long distance relationship like that when she could effectively live anywhere

does anyone know if she has definitely had a boob job? I didn't think so initially, but with how much she seems to want to show them that kind of fits with people I know who have had them done
This was mentionef here before and I honestly don't know. They don't look a great deal bigger but they do look different, I had previously suggested that maybe she had gotten a new style of bra but now we know her real age, it could be a an uplift.

I think she was with Guido here if I remember rightly, it was during the time she was making clothes out of curtains lol, but yea totally agree if you look at her social media pre autumn 2019 I think her style is deffo different.
I haven’t watched the video but been reading about love bombing which was something I had never heard of before it was mentioned here, v interesting !
Well, that shows my stupidity. 😂
I was trawling videos for something else and just lifted those.

Last edited:
This was mentionef here before and I honestly don't know. They don't look a great deal bigger but they do look different, I had previously suggested that maybe she had gotten a new style of bra but now we know her real age, it could be a an uplift.

Well, that shows my stupidity. 😂
I was trawling videos for something else and just lifted those.
haha not stupid at all @Appleblossom!! ❤ I just had to mention the curtains lol and I knew that was in lockdown when she had moved in with Guido

• Heart
it seems like everyone (male) she has worked with has either become/ was a boyfriend before! I would love to be broke like her/him managing an almost bankrupt magazine (honestly who in 2019/2020 would launch a magazine?!) but be able to book an impulse flight to morocco
I'm presuming this is another video featuring someone she was in a relationship with or is it a fictional piece? I don't think I've seen this one before

I'm presuming this is another video featuring someone she was in a relationship with or is it a fictional piece? I don't think I've seen this one before
This is really cringe, the whole implication is he is so in love with her but she is unsure... and for all of her talk of no one night stands etc she is fine filming herself rolling around with someone on a bed with no clothes in sight :rolleyes: the pouting at the camera in this was particularly cringe

• Wow
Reactions: 5
It's been a while since I have seen that one! I had wondered that myself, who was the guy? It is very intimate for a random actor, but you never know.

Edit: ah wait, she says he is a physicist. So I assume *the* physicist she was with before moving to Florence.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.