Kylie Flavell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
anyone watch this woman? She is one of the many influencers I used to really like but has become kind of annoying. She lives in Italy and posts videos about life there etc, but recently I feel like she has become pretty passive aggressive, in her comments criticising negative views, criticising people for liking things like modern kitchens... I honestly find her youtube career so bizarre the more I have seen of it

Reactions: 5
I JUST came across her videos yesterday! A renovation video popped up in my recommended. Of course at first, I was purely impressed by her beautiful footage of Tuscany, but then as I watched her chittering away at her Italian boyfriend in a mix of Italian and English, whilst they discussed plans for the outbuilding he’s doing up as a rental on his family’s property, I started to feel annoyed by her vibe. She prattled on incessantly, breathlessly, and kept finding opportunities to stumble over rubble, nearly falling in his lap, biting her bottom lip and flipping her mane... I was put off.

Then I began to ask myself what was up with her weird, 1940s mid-Atlantic accent, which whiffs STRONGLY of Audrey Hepburn’s Dutch-come-French-come-British-come-Hollywood. No one has ever produced that particular cadence, before or since. Obviously an affectation, but what‘s her story?

I clicked on the link to her website under the About heading, and found that before this current incarnation wherein she lives with a Tuscan man called Guido (who lets her live with him and fund renovation projects out of her own pocket) on his family’s farm, she was an Australian travel TV producer and host who has been knocking around YouTube for several years making videos about manifesting your dreams of life in Italy, finding love, etc etc. As recently as a year ago, she sounded like Nicole Kidman lounging at home with Keith Urban. 🤔

Strange and potentially risky thing to do in this day and age, with so much content already out there documenting her real voice, to suddenly try and pull a fast one on her background! Shades of Hilaria Baldwin.

Although her footage is truly breathtaking and her content genuinely interesting, her incessant preening, ’smizing’, lip-chewing, in front of the camera is irritating beyond all measure to me. The faces she pulls, honestly. I feel like I’m a voyeur on the other side of her bathroom mirror watching her practise to be charming.

Reactions: 9
I JUST came across her videos yesterday! A renovation video popped up in my recommended. Of course at first, I was purely impressed by her beautiful footage of Tuscany, but then as I watched her chittering away at her Italian boyfriend in a mix of Italian and English, whilst they discussed plans for the outbuilding he’s doing up as a rental on his family’s property, I started to feel annoyed by her vibe. She prattled on incessantly, breathlessly, and kept finding opportunities to stumble over rubble, nearly falling in his lap, biting her bottom lip and flipping her mane... I was put off.

Then I began to ask myself what was up with her weird, 1940s mid-Atlantic accent, which whiffs STRONGLY of Audrey Hepburn’s Dutch-come-French-come-British-come-Hollywood. No one has ever produced that particular cadence, before or since. Obviously an affectation, but what‘s her story?

I clicked on the link to her website under the About heading, and found that before this current incarnation wherein she lives with a Tuscan man called Guido (who lets her live with him and fund renovation projects out of her own pocket) on his family’s farm, she was an Australian travel TV producer and host who has been knocking around YouTube for several years making videos about manifesting your dreams of life in Italy, finding love, etc etc. As recently as a year ago, she sounded like Nicole Kidman lounging at home with Keith Urban. 🤔

Strange and potentially risky thing to do in this day and age, with so much content already out there documenting her real voice, to suddenly try and pull a fast one on her background! Shades of Hilaria Baldwin.

Although her footage is truly breathtaking and her content genuinely interesting, her incessant preening, ’smizing’, lip-chewing, in front of the camera is irritating beyond all measure to me. The faces she pulls, honestly. I feel like I’m a voyeur on the other side of her bathroom mirror watching her practise to be charming.
yes I find the same! her accent makes no sense! (I grew up in Sydney) the lip biting thing drives me mad tbh, and she does this over pronunciation of stuff that inexperienced english teachers do (I say this as someone who has done done the same )
there is something about her content find so odd tbh, she must realise if she wasn't a young attrative woman it wouldn't work? also stuff like the Iran content... jesus the risks she took doing that were insane

Reactions: 2
Honestly I've lived in France a long time, and it does nothing to the original accent in one's native tongue, to spend years speaking a second language. It does not turn one into a bygone Hollywood glamourpuss with a mystery international accent. That's what made me think of Hilaria's grift.

Ugh the lip biting is unbearable! I hate what selfie-culture has done to the way people behave themselves in front of a camera. It feels so icky to watch someone talk to the screen, with their eyes locked on their own gaze, trying out pouts and angles. BLECH.

Kylie's one of the worst I've seen.

Oh, and I forgot to mention! I left a comment halfway through the first video I watched, congratulating her on her beautiful filmmaking, and asking where she comes from because I'd noticed her accent. I hadn't yet clicked through to her About page or watched her other videos yet, so I didn't know she was really Australian.

She deleted my comment within 5 minutes!

Attachments

• Wow
yeah agree with all of these comments, also some of her videos (i.e. how to move to italy etc) make no sense as she has a greek passport so it was completely easy for her, moving (legally) from i.e. the US/Australia otherwise borders on impossible.
I really think she manipulates her fans, she has posted various videos of herself crying abotu how difficult it is to make a living there... but she HAS chosen to do this, I would definitely imagine she had a comfortable life in Australia, hardly like she was forced to emigrate and work in some minumim wage job 12 hours a day. The presents etc her fans send her are insane, there was a parcel recently which had an expnsive coat, leather gloves, loads of vintage homewares...

• Wow
Not shocking she deleted a post. She has deleted ALL posts criticizing her, even benign ones. She is unbearable to me. For those who have followed her for a while, we see a woman-child who "quit her career" at 20 (obvs funded by her family) to move to Italy, she has documented several stereotypical relationships, here there amd everywhere, o e inc physical abuse (her crap video about love, i forget which, where the bimbo romanticizes being hit, hitting back, torn off clothes and "making love" by the side of the road). Now she has found dumb Guido to fund her lifestyle. She was just "madly in love" with some rich dude from Monte Carlo. Fake AF, I cannot stand her.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Not shocking she deleted a post. She has deleted ALL posts criticizing her, even benign ones. She is unbearable to me. For those who have followed her for a while, we see a woman-child who "quit her career" at 20 (obvs funded by her family) to move to Italy, she has documented several stereotypical relationships, here there amd everywhere, o e inc physical abuse (her crap video about love, i forget which, where the bimbo romanticizes being hit, hitting back, torn off clothes and "making love" by the side of the road). Now she has found dumb Guido to fund her lifestyle. She was just "madly in love" with some rich dude from Monte Carlo. Fake AF, I cannot stand her.
I didn't watch the video you talk about but it doesn't surprise me at all, I used to live in Italy and the view she often portrays is just ridiculous. I remember her saying when she lived in Rome it was normal for Italians every weekend to go on weekend trips to friends' country houses, as if this is what everyone does. Maybe all the friends I had were just poor ( :LOL:) but I don't know anyone that did things like thsi every weekend.
Also OT but does anyone else find her very judgemental of people who drink alcohol?
I also find it weird she is literally the only influencer I have seen, female or otherwise, who hasn't posted about IWD? she strikes me as the kind of person who thinks men and women should do traditional gender roles, I don't know why. Sorry for the rant!

Reactions: 1
Well since I only watched a couple of videos I didn't make it that far... My very first instinct was just to go back to her early vids to try and suss out her weird accent. As gorgeous as the production quality is on her videos and as much as I love Italy, I find her accent-faking, lip-biting, endlessly-smizing EXCRUCIATING to watch. I honestly can't stand it. It doesn't surprise me at all that she's a dingbat.

Well since I only watched a couple of videos I didn't make it that far... My very first instinct was just to go back to her early vids to try and suss out her weird accent. As gorgeous as the production quality is on her videos and as much as I love Italy, I find her accent-faking, lip-biting, endlessly-smizing EXCRUCIATING to watch. I honestly can't stand it. It doesn't surprise me at all that she's a dingbat.
yeah, I've noticed a lot of comments on her videos tend to be "I can't believe you don't have more followers".. doesn't surprise me at all

yeah, I've noticed a lot of comments on her videos tend to be "I can't believe you don't have more followers".. doesn't surprise me at all
I wonder if in her case she has a lot of male patrons. Considering her entire vibe is look at me looohve me please find me irresistable ! I'm going to look it up. The overwhelming majority of patrons on these lifestyle Patreon accounts (I watch some of the Chateau channels), are women. But this Kylie person just gives me willies in my ovaries. 🤣 I feel like I must not be alone in this.

Reactions: 3
I wonder if in her case she has a lot of male patrons. Considering her entire vibe is look at me looohve me please find me irresistable ! I'm going to look it up. The overwhelming majority of patrons on these lifestyle Patreon accounts (I watch some of the Chateau channels), are women. But this Kylie person just gives me willies in my ovaries. 🤣 I feel like I must not be alone in this.
yeah I would imagine the same, the constant lip biting , hair flipping and things like her post the other day of her in a summer dress while her bf is wearing trousers/jacket etc, she must be freezing

The poster who brought up her adhering to traditional gender roles. I completely believe it. I live in Italy, and have for 12 years now. Many men know how to cook and love doing it. The way she always dresses up and stays in to prepare xyz for Guido is eye rolling. In the risotto ep, I believe, she noted Guido liked his lunch ready and waiting. Or is it Kylie who likes playing the role of the Desperate Housewife for her channel?
I agree her filiming is often gorgeous and I appreciate the music she incorporates....but, yeah, the hip swaying and vanity shots are cringey.
Anyone see her reply rudely to the person who kindly suggested she speak over and inturrupt Guido less (The first home rennovation video)? She was so bent in her reply, saying "Italians converse this way, bla bla bla..." Then the comment disappeared after her stans went crazy on him/her.
What I dislike is her overall romanticizing a place that's got A LOT of problems and living there isn't like in a film....unless you.latch onto the wealthy person of the moment. In her older videos many Italians would comment about this, how she is clearly a rich expat etc, but she either blocked them or they lost interest. Haha

The poster who brought up her adhering to traditional gender roles. I completely believe it. I live in Italy, and have for 12 years now. Many men know how to cook and love doing it. The way she always dresses up and stays in to prepare xyz for Guido is eye rolling. In the risotto ep, I believe, she noted Guido liked his lunch ready and waiting. Or is it Kylie who likes playing the role of the Desperate Housewife for her channel?
I agree her filiming is often gorgeous and I appreciate the music she incorporates....but, yeah, the hip swaying and vanity shots are cringey.
Anyone see her reply rudely to the person who kindly suggested she speak over and inturrupt Guido less (The first home rennovation video)? She was so bent in her reply, saying "Italians converse this way, bla bla bla..." Then the comment disappeared after her stans went crazy on him/her.
What I dislike is her overall romanticizing a place that's got A LOT of problems and living there isn't like in a film....unless you.latch onto the wealthy person of the moment. In her older videos many Italians would comment about this, how she is clearly a rich expat etc, but she either blocked them or they lost interest. Haha
yeah i definitely agree, she definitely tries to be the "perfect woman", her constant harping towards the past as if it was somehow better than modern life in every way is annoying, I get that some things could be seen as better, slower life etc but i doubt anyone doing backbreaking labour without modern machinery/women doing washing all by hand etc would think so
I was also shocked how much time/money she spent doing up what is essentially his flat

i just watched a couple...but her latest stories... there are about 50 all about gifts sent from followers?!

• Wow
i just watched a couple...but her latest stories... there are about 50 all about gifts sent from followers?!
Yes, I stopped watching after the first two. But evidently Kylie sends these people hand written thank you cards, at least she does with her patreon subs. It is sad to say, but she's not quite savvy about parasocial relationships and why it's best not to engage too much.
I was shocked she displayed what I thought was her address, right in the stories...but then I saw it was Borgo Pinti, which is in the centre of Florence. Looks like some attorney's studio where she gets her mail.

Yes, I stopped watching after the first two. But evidently Kylie sends these people hand written thank you cards, at least she does with her patreon subs. It is sad to say, but she's not quite savvy about parasocial relationships and why it's best not to engage too much.
I was shocked she displayed what I thought was her address, right in the stories...but then I saw it was Borgo Pinti, which is in the centre of Florence. Looks like some attorney's studio where she gets her mail.
I was surprised how many people were willing to just give out their address to someone who is effectively a stranger. What annoyed me so much about that video with the letter sending was just her going ON and on about how expensive it was, I don't think I know of any influencers who beg so much for money

I was surprised how many people were willing to just give out their address to someone who is effectively a stranger. What annoyed me so much about that video with the letter sending was just her going ON and on about how expensive it was, I don't think I know of any influencers who beg so much for money
Yes! This is what annoyed me about her when I first started watching. For people paying attention, it is obvious her family is well off. Kylie has lived in some very expensive places in Italy....the Amalfi coast, being one. Rome is not cheap either. And yet there she was saying how costly youtube content is to produce.
Since she is very vague about her personal life vs the life she portrays, I recently read a couple of comments under her first rennovation video asking "You beg for patreon members yet you bought a Tuscan farm house??" She replied the house is Guido's family' s (and evidently his family is extremely wealthy if they own all that land and property, produce oil and wine etc) but she is simply helping and filming. Who knows really, but I can't stand her pity party about money.
Stanley Tucci just did a CNN series about Italy and to me it showed how Italy truly is...especially average Italians and true food culture. Kylie shows a dream life for rich expats as well as the lives of wealthy Italians. That may be her audiance, I guess, although many who comment are just amazed how wonderful and simple life in Italy is. It is if one doesn't have to work and just prance about through fields and cook every meal in a floral dress etc.

Sorry for the rant, but I dislike her more and more. Haha

Yes! This is what annoyed me about her when I first started watching. For people paying attention, it is obvious her family is well off. Kylie has lived in some very expensive places in Italy....the Amalfi coast, being one. Rome is not cheap either. And yet there she was saying how costly youtube content is to produce.
Since she is very vague about her personal life vs the life she portrays, I recently read a couple of comments under her first rennovation video asking "You beg for patreon members yet you bought a Tuscan farm house??" She replied the house is Guido's family' s (and evidently his family is extremely wealthy if they own all that land and property, produce oil and wine etc) but she is simply helping and filming. Who knows really, but I can't stand her pity party about money.
Stanley Tucci just did a CNN series about Italy and to me it showed how Italy truly is...especially average Italians and true food culture. Kylie shows a dream life for rich expats as well as the lives of wealthy Italians. That may be her audiance, I guess, although many who comment are just amazed how wonderful and simple life in Italy is. It is if one doesn't have to work and just prance about through fields and cook every meal in a floral dress etc.

Sorry for the rant, but I dislike her more and more. Haha
yeah really, and moving somewhere with no real career prospects either really implies how she has family to fall back on imo...
that kitchen/bathroom rennovation video in which she went on and on about "not having the budget for..." yet making millions of unecesary changes.
as someone who lived there her depiction of italy reminds me of something totally over romanced, like "Eat Pray Love", i love italy but her view is just :rolleyes: . you can see from a lot of her comments that lots of her fans have never been to italy and just have this dream like view of it

Ooooh the comments on her new video keep speculating on her impending wedding and/or bambino in arrival. There is a thread, too, confirming Guido is Florentine nobility, from one of the wealthiest families in Tuscany. Well played, gold digger Kylie....well played.

• Haha
Ooooh the comments on her new video keep speculating on her impending wedding and/or bambino in arrival. There is a thread, too, confirming Guido is Florentine nobility, from one of the wealthiest families in Tuscany. Well played, gold digger Kylie....well played.
yeah in her latest video she mentioned some big event she can reveal next month, I assumed it was a baby.
I imagined he was tbh, to have that huge farm which they would have had for generations they must be, also from (what appeared to be) his office he definitely has a prestigious job, I assume something like a lawyer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.