Kylie Flavell #2 faking, feigning and falsifying a phoney Tuscan Fantasy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Denise0211 I found them both annoying.
Smug and self-satisfied I found them @PlinyinTorquay...It’s not an interview and of course Kylie is not a journalist and it is very unprofessional and unamusing watching a couple of people laughing at things that are not funny and/or the audience has no part of. It was as usual, K showing off and pretending she’s always having a “good time”...Unwatchable 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Smug and self-satisfied I found them @PlinyinTorquay...It’s not an interview and of course Kylie is not a journalist and it is very unprofessional and unamusing watching a couple of people laughing at things that are not funny and/or the audience has no part of. It was as usual, K showing off and pretending she’s always having a “good time”...Unwatchable 🙄
@Alessandro, they seemed almost drunk and vulgar with that very harsh laughter. It's as though K is dissing all of her fans for their dreams of living in Italy which, after all, is what she is feeding on anyway. I can't remember whether it was you or @Antonio (both Italian names beginning with A so I get confused sometimes) who said that K had a hard voice before it became more genteel now that she is associating with Tuscan nobility 🤣but, here, I can detect that hard intonation.

You know, I shall actually miss all of you guys when we run out of steam with this topic 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 6
I found myself on tattle for another instagram/youtuber and was curious about the other threads on here and YES. Kylie Flavell has always rubbed me up the wrong way and I've never really known how to explain why. I just assumed I was jealous even though I'm not a jealous type of person. I lived in Florence, Tuscany for two years. I'm keen to get going through this thread.

• Heart
I found myself on tattle for another instagram/youtuber and was curious about the other threads on here and YES. Kylie Flavell has always rubbed me up the wrong way and I've never really known how to explain why. I just assumed I was jealous even though I'm not a jealous type of person. I lived in Florence, Tuscany for two years. I'm keen to get going through this thread.
welcome!

Reactions: 2
@Alessandro, they seemed almost drunk and vulgar with that very harsh laughter. It's as though K is dissing all of her fans for their dreams of living in Italy which, after all, is what she is feeding on anyway. I can't remember whether it was you or @Antonio (both Italian names beginning with A so I get confused sometimes) who said that K had a hard voice before it became more genteel now that she is associating with Tuscan nobility 🤣but, here, I can detect that hard intonation.

You know, I shall actually miss all of you guys when we run out of steam with this topic 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yes! Didn't they sound drunk? Lol. I mentioned they sounded like 2 girlfriends laughing over drinks rather than an interview. Glad someone else thought so, too. 😂

I wonder how long it will be until she posts. I thought she'd at least have posted a quick apology again or a photo on IG (bouquet or strip of lace lol). It makes me think perhaps today was indeed the predding. Oh to be a fly on the wall....er....buzzing around the fields!

Reactions: 1
Okay so I've read through a bit. I followed her back in 2017 when I was preparing to move to Italy from Australia. I actually use one of her language learning tips (making a mind map of a conversation beforehand) but use it to talk to my relatives and not for using boys to take me on romantic vespa rides and gelato dates. Honestly, I felt really disheartened, as if her experience was going to be the benchmark for my experience but I was dealing with anxiety and depression and decided to just unfollow her. While I was in Italy, I noticed that I was really conscious of trying to not portray that cliched 'English-speaking girl living their best life' idea. I'm happy to say that I had a wonderful 2/3 years in Italy, learned Italian proficiently and have moved to my family's country of origin elsewhere in Europe. I can't wait to visit Italy again soon.

I recently noticed that Youtube suggested her Disney video to me. I was expecting a higher quality production from her honestly. It was a bit fun but kind of off-brand for her. I then looked at what she had been up to (the villa stuff, getting married) and can say I'm not surprised although I am a little surprised she's still pushing La Dolce Vita instead of moving onto something else. This thread and her videos just remind me of the narcissistic and romanticised view of life she promotes. Especially this idea that she has some deep spiritual connection to Italy and every experience is a beautiful life-changing moment. I don't know if she gets any Italian sponsors but the impression I got is that most Italians are over the 'American/British/Australian girl finding herself in Italy' narrative. I really wish her the best but I'd hate to think Guido and his family, or any other person she involves, are being exploited to show how magical her life is. I could never really quite pick out what was wrong with her persona but all I know is that her content is uncomfortable to watch.

Yes, isn't this her? I found her annoying, although it might have been the "Kylie effect." lol.

Of course Kylie cooked a meal and lit candles for said interview. 😅

In this video, KyLIE talks about how hard and frustrating it is to live in Italy. So she knows.

I wonder when it was that she decided to cater to the fantasies of her unwitting viewers. She and her guest have lots of laughs about how hard it is. Too bad she doesn’t share her knowledge and experience. Guess it doesn’t pay as well. This video is very revealing of who she is.

She says she “almost owes it to Italophiles” to tell them about the struggles. Why doesn’t she ? Why then the fantasies ?

She says “Utube doesn’t pay at all”; so how does she make her money ? She strikes me as being very privileged.

She laughs it up to the point of hysteria; the joke is on her fawning viewers.

She reminisces about the fun of almost losing your electricity. At the same time, she admits to being a social butterfly the first three years in Italy, being on boats and having suitors, until she decided to “create deeper intellectual stimulation”.

Not for the first time, she refers to Italy’s “gratuitous beauty”. What is gratuitous are the uncalled for body shots inserted, for no good reason, into her videos.

Last edited:

Yes Kylie does have a hard voice IRL @PlinyinTorquay she doesn’t put on all of the current breathy tones and mid-Atlantic accent. It’s a flat, Australian accent which can be quite harsh and still comes through sometimes in her voice on video.

You’ve got exactly the right word for her “vulgar”, this is essentially what she is trying to cover up all the time. The dissonance that we all pick up here is the gap between the authentic reality of who she really is and the false persona that she is trying desperately to project for her vlogs. This is why it is uncomfortable to watch her which @password123456 has perceptively pointed out.

I don’t think we will run out of steam @PlinyinTorquay K’s got so much more foolishness to come😅 The predding will no doubt be a very rich source. And obviously, apart from Kylie, we all have an ongoing interest in our discussions about all things Italian!

Does anyone believe KF will realise it’s really just wrong to expect financial contributions from now on ? If you a reading this Kylie you should not solicit money from the kindness of strangers , if you truly love Guido , don’t persuade him to wrought strangers to find a lifestyle you can’t afford, be truthful to the reality not the staged ideal

Does anyone believe KF will realise it’s really just wrong to expect financial contributions from now on ? If you a reading this Kylie you should not solicit money from the kindness of strangers , if you truly love Guido , don’t persuade him to wrought strangers to find a lifestyle you can’t afford, be truthful to the reality not the staged ideal
she is too narcissistic to realise that imo

This link might work better for this KyLIE movie
how she can claim she makes 0 money from youtube is ridiculous, that clip is so cringe, I cannot remember who said it but with that weird hysterical laughing it does seem like she is drunk

how she can claim she makes 0 money from youtube is ridiculous, that clip is so cringe, I cannot remember who said it but with that weird hysterical laughing it does seem like she is drunk
@emm I think @Denise0211 and I both found the hysterical laughter irritating and both thought she seemed drunk!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think she may push less for patrons, only to focus on promoting the rental properties, instead. Taking bookings for 2022! The Tuscan dream!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I think she may push less for patrons, only to focus on promoting the rental properties, instead. Taking bookings for 2022! The Tuscan dream!
but I imagine most of her patrons just have a standing order so will continue to donate regardless. imagine earning thousands a month and no rent / mortgage to pay?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
but I imagine most of her patrons just have a standing order so will continue to donate regardless. imagine earning thousands a month and no rent / mortgage to pay?
Exactly. Which made her "I earn no money from Youtube" utter crap. Let's say she was not YT savvy for the most part, without that platform she would never have patreons!

The really rich bit was she said that while sitting in her nice apartment in a luxury palazzo found in a very expensive street in Florence. So ridiculous.

Exactly. Which made her "I earn no money from Youtube" utter crap. Let's say she was not YT savvy for the most part, without that platform she would never have patreons!

The really rich bit was she said that while sitting in her nice apartment in a luxury palazzo found in a very expensive street in Florence. So ridiculous.
exactly how would you be able to spend millions of hours editing/filming etc completely for free with no other stable job. I don't get how her fans dont realise this

Reactions: 4
exactly how would you be able to spend millions of hours editing/filming etc completely for free with no other stable job. I don't get how her fans dont realise this
@emm, I think they do realise this but don't mind donating anyway.

@emm, I think they do realise this but don't mind donating anyway.
I really just cannot understand it! unless her patreons all just have loads of money, it is so clear from her holidays/designer clothes etc that she has money.. I don;t get why anyone would want to give her more

Reactions: 3
I really just cannot understand it! unless her patreons all just have loads of money, it is so clear from her holidays/designer clothes etc that she has money.. I don;t get why anyone would want to give her more
@emm. .... well, as you know, I was a Patreon. I did realise that Kylie was pretty well off. I stopped because I became bored with her creative content and also started to think that my contributions may be more valued elsewhere. I must say I did find her justification for the $200 donation (this was the penultimate level ... and no I didn't donate this much) but I found the following a bit cheeky. I must say, if I was K's parent, I would not be happy with a daughter of mine putting this stuff out there and would advise her to get a job to pay for her dreams ...

"For over a decade I have chosen to live with the anxiety of never knowing if I could pay rent or afford groceries. This is my responsibility and the life I prefer but what you allow me to do with this level of financial support, is exhale the anxiety of worrying about rent and focus with a clear head and heart on how I can work night and day to create content that will bring people joy and comfort and proof of love and beauty. I see such a difference in my productivity during the months that I know I can pay my rent and not lie awake at night worrying. So thank you for even considering this level of creative freedom."

Personally, I find this a bit shameless. In part, I write for a living, albeit within a structured job, which I don't like too much at times and would love to be able to afford to take a break from it ... I'd love for someone to pay my bills so I could hang out in Italy for a few years and focus on the two creative writing projects that I have in my mind without the anxiety that working a 9 to 5 job gives me, and I'm sure many people feel the same.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.