Kylie Flavell #2 faking, feigning and falsifying a phoney Tuscan Fantasy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The tears when talking to that woman in the kenya video, god knows what she thinks, this priveledged woman coming in and crying because she will "miss her so much" while this poor woman has been talking about not feeling safe to be outside after 6pm and the difficulties of being a single mother with children reliant on her
Yeah exactly @emm , Kylie constantly replays/reuses that clip over and over because she obviously thinks it makes her look good, nothing at all to do with the real trials of the woman who is obviously suffering...but it is all grist to the K mill😬

Reactions: 5
@PlinyinTorquay - in hindsight I would take it as a compliment that you were sidelined in K's fake world - she no doubt saw you as the voice of reason to be avoided even though you were positive in your comments.
The deluge of words about committing to marriage ( I swear she was reading from notes she'd patched together from her mindfulness podcasts) only served to justify why she NEEDED to marry - swerving off the very obvious reason that she becomes co-owner of Guido's properties and lifestyle and security if they ever split up and very little to do with true love. I really believe she has dedicated herself night and day to achieve status and money - no holds barred - begging to camera, rolling around in bed, totally in contrast with the snobby image she wants to project.
Re 'yoked' I thought yoked like buffalo ploughing together, a positive image🙄?
And as for Tuscan men..they have a lot of old sayings about various regions or towns, like Vicenza= mangiagatti or Leccesi= falsi e cortesi etc
Agree completely, this is why we have all found our way here @Spiritofplace despite all of the breathy protestations of revering the hand-made and the “Slow” movement, this is all a completely insincere cover for her true worship of money, power and fame - I would say at almost any cost (especially of her Patreons😅).

Guido didn’t have a chance once she decided he was her ticket onto the well-trodden and lucrative path of Tuscan infamy which is already littered with Frances Mayes copycats...She’s not very original is she our KyLie?

@Jerry, I think a lot of KyLIE's fans are born-again Evangelicals. Of course, each to his/her own, but this way of thinking isn't to my personal taste. I was raised by Welsh Baptists, long sermons, and fire and brimstone. It put me off God.
But I bet you had good choirs though!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Speaking of Guido....

There was a video in which Kylie lamented the fact that in Australia sport is more "celebrated" than culture or whatever (generalisations, sigh). I noticed in my deep research😂 that Guido has been a longtime supporter of Fiorentina football club and used to play 5-5 until not long ago. That's not the Guido we have been presented. And despite Kylie's jumping up and down in some pub in Barcelona with a bunch of (male) supporters, I cannot imagine her indulging his likes and interests as he does hers. Hmmmm

Reactions: 2
All of Kylie’s “interviews“ are really bad @emm she never listens, she doesn’t seem to be prepared or have interesting questions ready, she is not a good journalist and that’s because she is not a journalist....The over-familiarity when she meets the poor souls that have to put with the manic laughter and hyped enthusiasm while she films them, is too much and part of the narcissistic cycle. One feels that once the camera has stopped rolling she will never see or think of these people again...
As is often the case, KyLIE says it best, revealing herself;

what video is this? I can never open these i cloud things!
I’m out of wifi range; took a chance, will correct when I can. It’s the video clip I posted before where she says “These people” and her dreams are more important.

• Haha
@Alessandro - Frances Mayle really doesn't deserve to be mentioned where KF is concerned - maybe the film version is corny but the book was a lyrical homage to Tuscany, packed with the experiences of writers and travellers who had passed through and the history and art of the places she visited. Not surprising really as she was a university lecturer, modest and unassuming going back and forth to America to finance the renovation HERSELF long before begging utubers. I was looking up a recipe in the book the other day & was once more captured by her descriptions. Of course fame caught up with her & she moved out to escape the hoards of boggling visitors - as did Peter Mayle.
One more rant ! A fan dedicated to her and Guido one of my favourite Leonard Cohen songs 'Dance me to the End of Love' and included all the lyrics for God's sake, which had nothing to do with their relationship 😡

• Haha
Reactions: 4
@Alessandro - Frances Mayle really doesn't deserve to be mentioned where KF is concerned - maybe the film version is corny but the book was a lyrical homage to Tuscany, packed with the experiences of writers and travellers who had passed through and the history and art of the places she visited. Not surprising really as she was a university lecturer, modest and unassuming going back and forth to America to finance the renovation HERSELF long before begging utubers. I was looking up a recipe in the book the other day & was once more captured by her descriptions. Of course fame caught up with her & she moved out to escape the hoards of boggling visitors - as did Peter Mayle.
One more rant ! A fan dedicated to her and Guido one of my favourite Leonard Cohen songs 'Dance me to the End of Love' and included all the lyrics for God's sake, which had nothing to do with their relationship 😡
I think we need to give up on hoping anything her fans do makes sense :LOL:

• Haha
We’re going through a renovation and, from what I remember of Tuscan Sun, it parallels her experience, if not worse.

There’s nothing romantic about contractors not showing up, showing up and abandoning you, trying to cheat you at every turn, doing work so poorly that someone else has to finish and they still want to be paid, the only urgency is their own demand for money.

Any wonder KyLIE’s fantasy show has taken a break in filming the renovation of the chicken coop !

Looking forward to exploring Tuscany again with sun reappearing after winter and hopefully the pandemic finally easing.

Yes I agree with you @Spirit of place Frances Mayes is a wonderful writer and it was by sheer hard work, determination and imagination that she carved out a life for herself at Bramasole near Cortona, while still keeping her job as an academic in San Francisco.

I rather meant that Kylie has once more tried to copy and piggy-back on someone else’s hard work and success. She has seen how Tuscany has become a kind of symbolic Nirvana (through no fault of Mayes who was very surprised to find her home become a place of pilgrimage) and she hopes that she can somehow bottle and monetise the mythical Tuscan experience that has been built on the back of others’ work - apart of course from its own history, culture and beauty.

I do think that Kylie believes her Bramasole, so hard won by Mayes, is the villa handed to her by her relationship with Guido. And that her equivalent renovation project is the rather pathetic chicken coop that was bulldozed to the ground anyway...

Did one of her followers really quote the Leonard Cohen lyrics?! Sacrilege once more...🤦🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes I agree with you @Spirit of place Frances Mayes is a wonderful writer and it was by sheer hard work, determination and imagination that she carved out a life for herself at Bramasole near Cortona, while still keeping her job as an academic in San Francisco.

I rather meant that Kylie has once more tried to copy and piggy-back on someone else’s hard work and success. She has seen how Tuscany has become a kind of symbolic Nirvana (through no fault of Mayes who was very surprised to find her home become a place of pilgrimage) and she hopes that she can somehow bottle and monetise the mythical Tuscan experience that has been built on the back of others’ work - apart of course from its own history, culture and beauty.

I do think that Kylie believes her Bramasole, so hard won by Mayes, is the villa handed to her by her relationship with Guido. And that her equivalent renovation project is the rather pathetic chicken coop that was bulldozed to the ground anyway...
can I ask about bramasole? I just googled it, sole obviously I know, I found bramasole didn't come up as a word (although brama did, which i had never heard of but a great word to know!) is it a real word or something invented in the book you cited? - side note I have learned more about italy (that I didn't know before) from this thread than from kylies videos

can I ask about bramasole? I just googled it, sole obviously I know, I found bramasole didn't come up as a word (although brama did, which i had never heard of but a great word to know!) is it a real word or something invented in the book you cited? - side note I have learned more about italy (that I didn't know before) from this thread than from kylies videos
Bramasole is thé name of thé beautiful abandoned villa that thé writer Frances Mayes saved and renovated over years of work @emm and it is just outside Cortona.

Although thé film ‘Under thé Tuscany Sun’ is awful, Mayes book is really worth reading. It is elegantly written and captures thé poetry of Italy without hiding its flaws and parallèls her exploration of place with her own internal journey and thé sufferings she experiences in her life.

Last edited:
Unfortunately more people have seen the film, like Kylie, than have read the book and believe all of that fluff.

KyLie likes to take shots about modern films or mainstream work, but the ones she loves are all very much cliché "Euro" pieces. I mean, I like more than a few myself! But Under the Tuscan Sun, The Dreamers, The Talented Mr Ripley, Stealing Beauty....it's like a checklist of "What to tell people to sound interesting and cool."

Bramasole is thé name of thé beautiful abandoned villa that thé writer Frances Mayes saved and renovated over years of work @emm and it is just outside Cortona.

Although thé film ‘Under thé Tuscany Sun’ is awful, Mayes book is really worth reading. It is elegantly written and captures thé poetry of Italy without hiding its flaws and parallèls her exploration of place with her own internal journey and thé sufferings she experiences in her life.
@Alessandro I can't stand the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. I haven't read the book and didn't realise it derived from a book. So many of Kylie's fans rave about it that I watched it ... well, it was so dreadful that I fast-forwarded quite a lot. This is going to date me terribly but I loved the Merchant Ivory Film, Room with a View .... I remember going to see it several times at the Curzon Mayfair when I was a youngster and I spent my honeymoon in Florence and then in a villa near San Gimignano because I was so inspired by the movie.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm glad I didn't know it was made into a film until someone said how awful it was.
@Jerry - yes, the book centres around the reno but it is how she explores the area and the interest in the people and the food which is such a delight. @Alessandro explains it much better than I can (thanks) - I don't think the blow by blow account of doing up a property - unless you are Peter Mayle - can hold people's interest for long. So many tried and fell by the wayside.
@emm - hope you can read this yellowing page about the name Bramasole

@Jerry the joys of renovation😰 have you come across the ritual of 'hanging up of a jacket' to denote commitment then disappearing so you're left thinking 'if he left his jacket he must be back soon?? Actually I've seen this technique in public offices too. God, the lack of KF content is derailing me bigtime, sorry everyone

@PlinyinTorquay - the Merchant Ivory films were superb,on a par with Visconti for attention to detail and atmosphere or am I blaspheming il Maestro?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
@Alessandro I can't stand the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. I haven't read the book and didn't realise it derived from a book. So many of Kylie's fans rave about it that I watched it ... well, it was so dreadful that I fast-forwarded quite a lot. This is going to date me terribly but I loved the Merchant Ivory Film, Room with a View .... I remember going to see it several times at the Curzon Mayfair when I was a youngster and I spent my honeymoon in Florence and then in a villa near San Gimignano because I was so inspired by the movie.

@PlinyinTorquay I studied Forster’s novel at university and in a tutorial we watched thé film, because our professor said It was so good. It is one of those rare cases where thé film matches if not surpasses thé original book it is based on. I bought the DVD and have watched it many times. It is one of my all time favourite films. The elegance, the beauty and the Englishness of it all!

Maggie Smith and Judy Dench are marvels and thé lové triangle between the characters that are played by Helena Bonham-Carter, Julian Sands and Daniel Day-Lewis is brilliant and very funny.

There are so many scenes that are so good but that kiss in the poppy fields (yes Kylie this is the way to do it!) is one of the most romantic in film, and amusing as Maggie Smith and Judy Dench sit primly on the hillside talking of past loves.

Worth watching for any other Italophiles here who haven’t seen it. Below is “the kiss.”

P.S You are not blaspheming maestro Visconti @Spirit of place !

Last edited:
  • Heart
Ooooh A Room With a View☺

So my question is, do you all think the Not-zze happened this past weekend? My other question is, how would you respond to a request to fly during a pandemic, keep dates open and get a covid test for a non-wedding? I know none of my friends would even ask but I am so curious about KyLie's troupe!

Reactions: 3
Ooooh A Room With a View☺

So my question is, do you all think the Not-zze happened this past weekend? My other question is, how would you respond to a request to fly during a pandemic, keep dates open and get a covid test for a non-wedding? I know none of my friends would even ask but I am so curious about KyLie's troupe!
I don’t think KyLie has a troupe of friends @Denise0211 - if any! Apart from her family and that guy Brian there probably isn’t anyone else and if there is, no one would take the risk or expense of flying to Italy for the “predding”😬! Oh and where the IB’s fit in - and who they are and where they are - I have no idea🙄

She has teased and teased her followers about the “wedding” and has now disappeared probably to later post a few unsatisfactory (for them) pics of the day and a vlog that shows no one except her (and possibly the groom Guido😅).

It may have already been and gone (like the supposed engagement that allegedly happened four months before she announced it which I don’t believe) or it is yet to come. That is the KyLie way...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.