Kylie Flavell #2 faking, feigning and falsifying a phoney Tuscan Fantasy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, and this will sound catty, but I noticed in the infamous pizza video how terribly aged her hands are. Surely not the hands of a "29 year old", by far. 😅
@Denise, yes I've noticed her hands are quite rough like a labourer, and her nail varnish is often chipped.

Reactions: 4
It goes to show how calculating, deliberate and tenacious she is; this video was made four years ago and she has morphed and evolved into the KyLIE we see today.

The sweet persona she presents is a cover for a complex marketing scheme and the goal is money, not a problem in itself as we all work to sustain ourselves, but how much integrity does she have, when, asking us to support her lifestyle, she hawks herself to various companies hoping to cash in on KyLIE’s viewers and this is what she caters to.

Her pitch to advertisers is to deliver a certain demographic, which she targets and changes through time.

Her video clearly shows how stategically she approaches and regards her audience.

Yes, I noticed her self compliment on her looks as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
It goes to show how calculating, deliberate and tenacious she is; this video was made four years ago and she has morphed and evolved into the KyLIE we see today.

The sweet persona she presents is a cover for a complex marketing scheme and the goal is money, not a problem in itself as we all work to sustain ourselves, but how much integrity does she havewhen, asking us to support her lifestyle, she hawks herself to various companies hoping to cash in on KyLIE’s viewers and this is what she caters to.

Her pitch to advertisers is to deliver a certain demographic, which she targets and changes through time.

Her video clearly shows how stategically she approaches and regards her audience.

I don't understand why her fans think someone who has (allegedly) been on the payroll of a huge company like national geographic needs donations

Reactions: 6
I suppose she can do what she wants, as she promotes herself, but we don’t have to buy it. It all seems too contrived for me.

Another video she says it’s hard to make money on Utube, her series with Patrick, she says, had too few viewers.

She discusses how hard it is to earn a living in Italy, Italians are looking for work too.

This most recent iteration of KyLIE was obviously composed to sell the fantasy, not the reality.

In the era of Covid, it’s a bit much.

I suppose she can do what she wants, as she promotes herself, but we don’t have to buy it. It all seems too contrived for me.

Another video she says it’s hard to make money on Utube, her series with Patrick, she says, had too few viewers.

She discusses how hard it is to earn a living in Italy, Italians are looking for work too.

This most recent iteration of KyLIE was obviously composed to sell the fantasy, not the reality.

especially as she seems to have loads of expensive clothes etc, I don't know how she can beg for money with a straight face

That side project with Patrick, "Amore al Dente" was also pitched to Netflix and they didn't pick it up. It was such a huge cheesy cliché, I can't see why not. 😂

Reactions: 5
@Denise0211 - that's the answer then - if there were too few viewers on the channel it was viewed on, why should Netflix take it up? Probably they couldn't find matches for viewers of vintage narcissistic shorts by unknowns - cookery channels are quite sophisticated in targeting their audiences. Could she ever ever compete with Nigella, who comes to mind as seductive but also ironical and well- loved but moreover with a professional team behind her. Have any of you ever seen this series or has it turned to dust in the net-o-sphere? #
The Barilla lark I imagine stemmed from a course at the B Academy and then she plugged a vlogger's place as a judge - obviously a marketing ploy for both. The vlog I actually watched about it was with a chef called Andrea who was on Big Brother and I confess I recognized - nice easy- going guy who was obviously set up with KyLie on a Barilla- orientated interview.
#Kylie & Drake I mean - Nigella goes on forever...

What I'm wondering is - are her Patreons paying for this fake wedding? And if so is it official? Don't Patreon funds have to be public for an objective? The ex-patrons here should know what she SAID she was using the funds for, apart from equipment breaking down for years on end. All she keeps repeating is how expensive & time consuming filming is and begging for more funds for what?

@Spirit of place. Re: Amore al Dente, I've only seen the one ep/intro. She seems to have deleted the others. I found it gaggy and complete camp (not in a fun way).

I ,too, would like to know from ex patrons how she spends the funds. Does she provide that info clearly?

Reactions: 2

The sweet persona she presents is a cover for a complex marketing scheme and the goal is money, not a problem in itself as we all work to sustain ourselves, but how much integrity does she have, when, asking us to support her lifestyle, she hawks herself to various companies hoping to cash in on KyLIE’s viewers and this is what she caters to.

This just raised a new thought about KyLIE for me. We're surrounded by influencers on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. This is nothing new. They're everywhere. We usually know who they are. They're very clear they have rstyle and Amazon affiliate links (d*mn those who hide behind bitly links though!), they have sponsors, they travel on behalf of corporations paying them to do so, they get free furniture and kitchen appliances, they get free craft and art supplies (I admit I played this game for awhile and got free supplies for years while blogging). They clearly state all this. I did. You as a reader know it. You can decide what you will believe, but at least you know the author/influencer/whatever is bought and sold placement.

With KyLIE, this has been hidden. Her brand is me, myself and I working alone, funded by YOU the viewers, my patrons. An intimate relationship between only me the content creator and you who chooses to support me. For those of you who don't support me, you are stealing my apples, because I must rely on the patrons who support me. You make this possible.

This is the message I remember. Maybe she's sly and says you "help" make this possible. So is it possible that patrons are 40% and corporate placements are 60%? Percentages used only as example - you get what I mean, maybe Patreon and YouTube ads are not the lion's share. The corporate sponsorships and involvements are not mentioned and credited clearly.

This is just WRONG and deceptive. THAT is the problem with KyLIE in addition to her narcissism which leads to her entitlement that this is her due.

She has also said many times in videos that she doesn't monetize the videos, so she needs patrons. Yet she does run ads. Maybe she decided to run ads later and hasn't edited previous videos.

Clearly she is smart and strategic enough to have chosen a path of deception, for whatever reason. She knows the right thing to do. She chooses to not do it.

The marketing advice video is fascinating. She's right about everything from a pitching standpoint.

Also though, she is describing what a narc does to know you and get under your skin. They figure out how to work you, how to get what they want out of you. They figure out what to control. She's describing doing it online.

This doesn't mean what she's telling you to do is wrong. It depends on how you use the information you gain. This is also how narcs win and might be very good at certain professions. They KNOW you, they see things you don't even see in yourself.

I noticed a "tell" ... when she talks about being editor of a magazine, she breaks her gaze with the camera. It's just a second. But she looks down. You only see the rim of her hat while she says she was the editor of a magazine. So is this an exaggeration?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
^^As for the Youtube ads, I think she realised she could make more money, obvs, but perhaps she got some strikes in years past. Lately she often pins comments or mentions she puts ads in for the money to go to the copywrite holders.

Not sure if anyone else got an email from YT, they changed their Terms of Service:

<<YouTube’s right to monetize: YouTube has the right to monetize all content on the platform and ads may appear on videos from channels not in the YouTube Partner Program.>>

Also, the crypto bot still makes me giggle...😅
Screenshot_20210525-023456_(1).png
Screenshot_20210525-023505_(1).png

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think she tried, at first, going it straight and found out it doesn’t produce the results she hopes for; now she does what works and that is every angle she has come to learn. She clearly has learned new tricks along the way and it is telling when she says that anyone who hopes to be successful, must be continually persistent. This includes Utube viewer revenue, Patrons, corporate sponsorships, hustling free nights in hotels, free meals in cafes/restaurants, whatever adds to her goal of making a living being KyLIE.

This video was made four years ago, so, even then, she was learning how to monetize herself, even doing videos on how to monetize oneself !

During the succeeding years, she has had time for various iterations of herself, and, if she has discovered that to keep her corporate affiliations hidden produces better results, I think she would do it; four years ago she described the competitive environment she sees herself operating in.

She obviously puts a lot of thought and effort into this and has had just enough corporate job experience to know the basic ropes.

The whole marriage attempt, aside from another means to monetize (her priests seemed to have noticed and pulled their support to the point of canceling a 100 year old family tradition for the chapel) may be her escape route out.

Watching her early videos, she clearly gets around, jet setting the world while pleading poverty. I have no doubt the game is tough and only the toughest survive, as she described. The conundrum is, if in making ads for oneself, which is what her videos essentially are, the viewers sense that they are being duped, all the persistence in the world will become counter productive.

Fantasy covers the gap in reality and integrity and filtering out and censoring unwanted comments helps too, but, like any ad, it can wear very thin the more it tries to convince, when substance isn’t there.

I think she tried, at first, going it straight and found out it doesn’t produce the results she hopes for; now she does what works, and that is every angle she has come to learn. She clearly has learned new tricks along the way and it is telling when she says that anyone who hopes to be successful, must be continually persistent. This includes Utube viewer revenue, Patrons, corporate sponsorships, hustling free nights in hotels, free meals in cafes/restaurants, whatever adds to her goal of making a living being KyLIE.

This video was made four years ago, so, even then, she was learning how to monetize herself, even doing videos on how to monetize oneself !

During the succeeding years, she has had time for various iterations of herself, and, if she has discovered that to keep her corporate affiliations hidden produces better results, I think she would do it; four years ago she described the competitive environment she sees herself operating in.

She obviously puts a lot of thought and effort into this and has had just enough corporate job experience to know the basic ropes.

The whole marriage attempt, aside from another means to monetize (her priests seemed to have noticed and pulled their support to the point of canceling a 100 year old family tradition for the chapel) may be her escape route out.

Watching her early videos, she clearly gets around, jet setting the world while pleading poverty. I have no doubt the game is tough and only the toughest survive, as she described. The conundrum is, if in making ads for oneself, which is what her videos essentially are, the viewers sense that they are being duped, all the persistence in the world will become counter productive.

Fantasy covers the gap in reality and integrity and filtering out and censoring unwanted comments helps too, but, like any ad, it can wear very thin the more it tries to convince, when substance isn’t there.
@Jerry. This is very well expressed, Jerry. I understood my monthly Patreon contribution was to repair or replace K's equipment when it broke down. This was the only information posted against the relevant tier on her Patreon page. My name was included among those of the other Patreons at the end of her videos, so I could sleep at night knowing that I wasn't an apple thief. My contribution was far from the minimum, but I never did receive the hand-written letter K said she was sending. This may be due to the vagueries of the postal system; chissà? Maybe I'm a narc myself (though I hope not), but I did get a bit annoyed when my considered comments did not receive one like underneath the videos, and the fatuous, brown-nosing ones received a gazillion likes and a response from La Principessa herself. However, you have it in a nutshell, when I saw that I was essentially feeding the dreams and fantasies of someone who was essentially very well off and found herself a wealthy partner with a decent job, land, property and ruins, thank you very much, I realised she didn't need my financial support. Also, her videos since the beginning of the year with lots of navel-gazing on love, marriage, and the reno of a poxy little space ... just lacked any inspiration and bored me silly. As did those fans who seemed to live from Friday to Friday for these vids. they need to get a life!

@Jerry. This is very well expressed, Jerry. I understood my monthly Patreon contribution was to repair or replace K's equipment when it broke down. This was the only information posted against the relevant tier on her Patreon page. My name was included among those of the other Patreons at the end of her videos, so I could sleep at night knowing that I wasn't an apple thief. My contribution was far from the minimum, but I never did receive the hand-written letter K said she was sending. This may be due to the vagueries of the postal system; chissà? Maybe I'm a narc myself (though I hope not), but I did get a bit annoyed when my considered comments did not receive one like underneath the videos, and the fatuous, brown-nosing ones received a gazillion likes and a response from La Principessa herself. However, you have it in a nutshell, when I saw that I was essentially feeding the dreams and fantasies of someone who was essentially very well off and found herself a wealthy partner with a decent job, land, property and ruins, thank you very much, I realised she didn't need my financial support. Also, her videos since the beginning of the year with lots of navel-gazing on love, marriage, and the reno of a poxy little space ... just lacked any inspiration and bored me silly. As did those fans who seemed to live from Friday to Friday for these vids. they need to get a life!
None of my comments, far from fulsome, though I thought well considered, received any likes either. I also did not receive any replies, positive or negative, which I found strange.

Over time, I realized that KyLIE must have been filtering me out. Not one like or even a negative reply.

I would comment on each video and the same result; irritating to know I was wasting my time and the host could quietly censor my contributions/comments without any notice.

she may as well have said "yes I am attractive" in that beginning part, couldn't get through much more. Her accent in this is particularly awful, why the hell is she pronouncing idea as if it has an r at the end?
I could be wrong, but isn't that kind of how Australians pronounce the word idea?
I think maybe it sounds strange to you bc over time she's hidden her Australian accent more and more :p
You can hear it in this video, more so than now at least. Like at 7:30. That does not sound anything like the whispering ah si Kylie we hear today.

She definitely does hide finances, and it's now becoming clear that she always has. The kitchen thing still bothers me. Bompani gifted her the beautiful fridge and oven (and burner, right?), but she doesn't disclose that in the video. Not only does she not disclose that - she then goes on about how she doesn't have enough money for tiles, for X Y Z. I remember the first time I watched it when it came out and I was so confused how she had gotten that beautiful fridge and oven if she didn't have the money for tiles!

So glad I found you guys to decode all her deception. I used to look up to her because I wanted to move to Europe (Italy specifically) as an expat female, and I never understood how she made it work. I just feel disappointed in this fake fantasy she's showing off. The frustration of not understanding her for so many years is finally all adding up.

Reactions: 6
<<YouTube’s right to monetize: YouTube has the right to monetize all content on the platform and ads may appear on videos from channels not in the YouTube Partner Program.>>
Ahhh I did not know that. Hmmm. I have videos for our business on YouTube. I most definitely DO NOT WANT ads. Need to look into this. Clearly I don't read all my emails!

I posted a few compliments and pandering comments on Kylie's social media. Before I changed my mind about Kylie. She liked and responded to all comments, quickly. Now I wonder why.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but isn't that kind of how Australians pronounce the word idea?
I think maybe it sounds strange to you bc over time she's hidden her Australian accent more and more :p
You can hear it in this video, more so than now at least. Like at 7:30. That does not sound anything like the whispering ah si Kylie we hear today.

She definitely does hide finances, and it's now becoming clear that she always has. The kitchen thing still bothers me. Bompani gifted her the beautiful fridge and oven (and burner, right?), but she doesn't disclose that in the video. Not only does she not disclose that - she then goes on about how she doesn't have enough money for tiles, for X Y Z. I remember the first time I watched it when it came out and I was so confused how she had gotten that beautiful fridge and oven if she didn't have the money for tiles!

So glad I found you guys to decode all her deception. I used to look up to her because I wanted to move to Europe (Italy specifically) as an expat female, and I never understood how she made it work. I just feel disappointed in this fake fantasy she's showing off. The frustration of not understanding her for so many years is finally all adding up.
Making a life in Italy as a foreigner can be incredibly hard, so I have witnessed with many of my ex-pat friends @mdozzie. It is one of the things I find most grating about KyLie’s presentation of life in Italy. I don’t think she classifies her vlogs as escapism and many of her viewers appear to believe that they can waltz over here and make a life without understanding anything real about the socio-political and economic realities of life in this country. The title of this thread runs more true everyday....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.