Kylie Flavell #2 faking, feigning and falsifying a phoney Tuscan Fantasy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who is the billionaire son?

And do we know who she was dating for a long time that she ended the relationship with right as she moved to Florence/shortly before she met Guido? (Was it the Iran physicist someone mentioned?)

Trying to piece her dating history together, lol. Only one I know is Patrick/Hello Fresh guy
Yeh there was an italian American guy who was an engineer I think ? In fact thinking about the Iran trip she probably did takethat stupid risk with the hike. In Iran she used a drone which is totally illegal and lied in her visa application. Why you would take such a risk somewhere like that I do not know

Reactions: 4
Yeh there was an italian American guy who was an engineer I think ? In fact thinking about the Iran trip she probably did takethat stupid risk with the hike. In Iran she used a drone which is totally illegal and lied in her visa application. Why you would take such a risk somewhere like that I do not know
She lied on her visa application?! I have only seen 1 video from that trip (the one with the dodgy Bitcoin car buy and young girl). Why did she do that??

Reactions: 3
She lied on her visa application?! I have only seen 1 video from that trip (the one with the dodgy Bitcoin car buy and young girl). Why did she do that??
She wouldn’t have got permission to make a documentary. She should have declared she was a filmmaker with all that professional equipment. When they were waiting to cross border she was worried they would search the car

• Wow
I find it terribly sad that during her video 1, Dolomites, she trains the camera mostly on herself, with all the the majestic scenery in the background. It is a sign of the times that she laments no cell phone signal in the wilderness ! (I can’t even get a wifi signal in my home in Italy much of the time ! )

Maybe if she looked around and watched where she was going, instead of training the camera on herself, she might have a better idea of where she was going.

The time and effort it takes to setup a 5 second shot of herself walking on the distant trail must be daunting and tedious. In my opinion, it totally detracts from the experience of being there. To do this day in and day out must be exhausting and warping.

Reactions: 6
I find it terribly sad that during her video 1, Dolomites, she trains the camera mostly on herself, with all the the majestic scenery in the background. It is a sign of the times that she laments no cell phone signal in the wilderness ! (I can’t even get a wifi signal in my home in Italy much of the time ! )

Maybe if she looked around and watched where she was going, instead of training the camera on herself, she might have a better idea of where she was going.

The time and effort it takes to setup a 5 second shot of herself walking on the distant trail must be daunting and tedious. In my opinion, it totally detracts from the experience of being there. To do this day in and day out must be exhausting and warping.
totally agree, it is absurd that she laments constantly about modern life yet her whole "job" relies on modern technology

• Heart
Reactions: 5
At 14:50, she admits to “hustling and negotiating a deal” “every time you see me in a hotel” “in exchange for accommodations”.

Now I know why she deleted my comment about Cafe Gigli being the most expensive cafe in Florence.
Another way to describe KyLIE is as an Undeclared Influencer who is more deceptive because she advertises while pretending to be objective.

We know she is a self promoter, but she carries that to another level when she hawks products and services to unwitting viewers.

Do we think we'll see a video film tomorrow? I've got a feeling she might be keeping her head down. So many commenters say she should take all the time she needs with her family blah blah, she might feel she can get away with another apologetic, too-busy Insta message. There wouldn't be many other jobs where you could drop out at short notice with the excuse of impropmtu wedding prep and visiting relos.

Do we think we'll see a video film tomorrow? I've got a feeling she might be keeping her head down. So many commenters say she should take all the time she needs with her family blah blah, she might feel she can get away with another apologetic, too-busy Insta message. There wouldn't be many other jobs where you could drop out at short notice with the excuse of impropmtu wedding prep and visiting relos.
I was just wondering the same! She "promised" in her post from last week, but who knows? She hadn't posted any Stories all week, either.

Another way to describe KyLIE is as an Undeclared Influencer who is more deceptive because she advertises while pretending to be objective.

We know she is a self promoter, but she carries that to another level when she hawks products and services to unwitting viewers.
Knowing this, while watching her videos, is off putting as she hijacks any and various topics as opportunities to misrepresent. The truth of the situations she films seems irrelevant to her, as long as she captures hits, viewers and patrons. That is what I find insidious and more so when she wraps it all in a sugar coated breathless fantasy.

I think anyone who knows Italy finds it offensive, because we live the reality.

It is also a form of theft, as she appropriates a culture, distorting it, for her personal self interest and aggrandizement. She does a disservice to those who live Italy, as well as to those who aspire to know it.

She acts as though the truth doesn’t matter; it does.

Knowing this, while watching her videos, is off putting as she hijacks any and various topics as opportunities to misrepresent. The truth of the situations she films seems irrelevant to her, as long as she captures hits, viewers and patrons. That is what I find insidious and more so when she wraps it all in a sugar coated breathless fantasy.

I think anyone who knows Italy finds it offensive, because we live the reality.

It is also a form of theft, as she appropriates a culture, distorting it, for her personal self interest and aggrandizement. She does a disservice to those who live Italy, as well as to those who aspire to know it.

She acts as though the truth doesn’t matter; it does.
Agree @Jerry and I think that’s why this group is so strong, because we are living the reality (and many here have experienced Italy) and it is ‘offensive’ as you say to have this distorted image of life here constantly presented by Kylie as the truth. Especially when she falsely calls herself a journalist to add credibility to her presentation of living in Italy. It is a beyond Disneyfied view that she vlogs about, and all done solely to benefit herself.

Agree @Jerry and I think that’s why this group is so strong, because we are living the reality (and many here have experienced Italy) and it is ‘offensive’ as you say to have this distorted image of life here constantly presented by Kylie as the truth. Especially when she falsely calls herself a journalist to add credibility to her presentation of living in Italy. It is a beyond Disneyfied view that she vlogs about, and all done solely to benefit herself.
And then gets irrationally angry when people comment about it! I wouldn't care if she acknowledged her priviledge and perhaps time to time mentioned she's simply capturing an idealized version of life. I mean, I get people don't look to Youtubers for "real life" all the time. But if anyone had the opportunity to watch Stanley Tucci's series on Italy, he nailed it. Nailed it! Showing beautiful Florence, Ischia and Massimo Bottera's fine cooking....to going to Scampia and Centocelle. And he didn't only interview women or giggle through it.
The amount of oooohing and ahhhhing "Can't wait to move to Italy and find my prince, too!" comments under her videos are concerning. Most don't know any of Kylie's background, hustle or grift. Many probably imagine arriving and being swept off their feet, no problems, living a dream.

And then gets irrationally angry when people comment about it! I wouldn't care if she acknowledged her priviledge and perhaps time to time mentioned she's simply capturing an idealized version of life. I mean, I get people don't look to Youtubers for "real life" all the time. But if anyone had the opportunity to watch Stanley Tucci's series on Italy, he nailed it. Nailed it! Showing beautiful Florence, Ischia and Massimo Bottera's fine cooking....to going to Scampia and Centocelle. And he didn't only interview women or giggle through it.
The amount of oooohing and ahhhhing "Can't wait to move to Italy and find my prince, too!" comments under her videos are concerning. Most don't know any of Kylie's background, hustle or grift. Many probably imagine arriving and being swept off their feet, no problems, living a dream.
Exactly @Denise0211, God knows how many wannabe Italophiles have been led astray by how easy Kylie makes it all look😬 Then they come here and realise how hard it is to live and work compared to their own country.

Exactly @Denise0211, God knows how many wannabe Italophiles have been led astray by how easy Kylie makes it all look😬 Then they come here and realise how hard it is to live and work compared to their own country.
Yeah exactly, her advice on moving to Italy was ridiculous, her job effectively enables her to work anywhere so she has never needed to deal with a huge issue of living in Italy I.e. employment and then also having an eu passport so not having to deal with visas/ health insurance etc

Reactions: 6
It’s interesting that you mention Stanley Tucci and his series on CNN. The trailers come up fairly often, but each time they do, I get the impression that he is quite disinterested and bored ! Seems very wooden to me, but that is just from the clips. (Strikes me as an American with an Italian name who thinks nothing is as good as America !) Not an Anthony Bourdain style.

It comes on Sunday at 9pm and it’s 3am for me, so haven’t watched an episode yet.

Now that I see you like him, I’ll make another effort to watch !

It’s interesting that you mention Stanley Tucci and his series on CNN. The trailers come up fairly often, but each time they do, I get the impression that he is quite disinterested and bored ! Seems very wooden to me, but that is just from the clips. (Strikes me as an American with an Italian name who thinks nothing is as good as America !) Not an Anthony Bourdain style.

It comes on Sunday at 9pm and it’s 3am for me, so haven’t watched an episode yet.

Now that I see you like him, I’ll make another effort to watch !
Not at all, he speaks Italian quite well and is very knowledgable. Much more Bourdain style than you would think. I watched it in streaming on a certain site. 😉 I think it may be his dry humor you've noted. That said I learned a lot and I've been here over 10 years. 😂 Def try it, you may be surprised! But don't watch on an empty stomach, lol.

Last edited:
The clips I’ve seen he’s often standing alone and, when with people, little eye contact and no smiles. In one, he has a fishing pole in hand and someone else standing beside him doing the work for him !

I’m really curious now to watch. I hope I am surprised because, but for your recommendation, I was giving the 3am viewing a pass. I’ll check online.

Reactions: 1
anyone have any idea wherre I could watch it (free) from the UK?

Reactions: 1
The clips I’ve seen he’s often standing alone and, when with people, little eye contact and no smiles. In one, he has a fishing pole in hand and someone else standing beside him doing the work for him !

I’m really curious now to watch. I hope I am surprised because, but for your recommendation, I was giving the 3am viewing a pass. I’ll check online.
Is it on CNN Sky now? Just curious how you will view and why at 3am!😅 When I watched a few months back I assumed CNN Int'l carried it, but no. Which leads me to.... @emm if you have a good ad blocker I found it on eprojectfreetv

Sorry to have hijacked the thread😅

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.