Krusties #5 Neil Diamond is singing…fly high Sweet Caroline xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The post digging at our Reet seems to have gone now. I'm going to see if I can find that thread it made before having a pop. Doesn't even post on Skanky normally, just comes on now & then to have a go. Hmmm. Back in a bit guys ❤😘

ETA Found it!! This is the sort of rubbish it spouts.
Facey it’s also one going now,as was looking at the thread about 6ish this morning..I should have taken note of the the post Number .oh bum! Rita will know,the poster accused her of all her many posts was on skanky thread stupid hole..Hope that makes sense.🤔

I’m one of those people that others complain about….I put milk in the mug first when I make tea 😬🤣

Slow roast pork belly here tonight 😋😋
Oh dear Harri,my coffee is Fresh coffe bag,two mugs every morning..just black..no sugar.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Facey it’s also one going now,as was looking at the thread about 6ish this morning..I should have taken note of the the post Number .oh bum! Rita will know,the poster accused her of all her many posts was on skanky thread stupid hole..Hope that makes sense.🤔

Oh dear Harri,my coffee is Fresh coffe bag,two mugs every morning..just black..no sugar.
Yeah, I've seen it the 'What was the big drama at your school' thread. Haven't read it, I'll save it for when I'm bored sitting on the toilet or something 🤣🤣❤

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Thanks Dolly. I know you are a classy lady as is Dave.

I wanted to know about order of pots containing your tea, coffee and sugar. My hub changed it to Sugar, Coffee, Tea

For those of you asking my latest quilt is entitled “brevity of madness into the dungeon of pulchrirude” by Harry P. Rat.

I’m so disappointed nobody has told me their orders of tea coffee etc. These things matter to me!

Dennis OKeefe, I use an iPad but I also have a very old computer I use occasionally. I do have an older I phone but rarely use it. Many thanks

Ok off to do some binding. You could say if I got in a mess I would be getting myself in a bind! Boom!
Sorry Harrigan I so seldom drink tea! I am all a coffe with fat cream lady ❤☕

And what is this with tea being dinner 🤔 I don’t understand this? Never had! “Teatime!”
Can it be food?
/confused scandinavian

• Haha
Oh dear I’ve confused you lot. I want to know order of containers in your kitchen.

I have Sugar jar, Coffee Jar, Tea Jar. My hub changed them and it annoyed me.

If you only have 2 jars I still am interested in the order. Maybe you don’t put yours into containers.

Nurse, medication!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh dear I’ve confused you lot. I want to know order of containers in your kitchen.

If you only have 2 jars I still am interested in the order. Maybe you don’t put yours into containers.

Nurse, medication!
They are hidden in my cupboard. All in a mess in there.

• Heart

Nurse, medication!
I used to Harri not anymore on me todd,so don’t take suga,don’t drink tea just me Costa fresh coffe bags…I had a lovely bean to cup coffe machine for years but the naughty girl packed up..I adore coffee..

Bum! Put overn of to heat up,smoke..🥴 I think something must have gone on drip tin..got her out and washed seems better..I hate that..bugger.😖

• Heart
Sorry Harrigan I so seldom drink tea! I am all a coffe with fat cream lady ❤☕

And what is this with tea being dinner 🤔 I don’t understand this? Never had! “Teatime!”
Can it be food?
/confused scandinavian
Gullri it is confusing. It depends which part of England you are in. For instance I never say I’m having tea ie a meal. I either have dinner or lunch. Other people may say they have their tea in the evening, meaning a meal.

I think the origins might be to do with Victorian England. It was very popular to have afternoon tea around 4 or 5 which consisted of sandwiches, tea and cake. Queen Victoria supposedly introduced this. Later on working class families would have bread and butter or bread and dripping and mug of tea and piece of cake in the evening as it was cheap and filling.

Please don’t quote me on this information it’s what I think but I could be wrong.

• Heart
It is always breakfast, dinner and tea in my house. Always was in Mums & Granny's too. I know for some folks it's breakfast, lunch and dinner. Teatime for me is usually about 9pm once I get home & get all my jobs done then sit down in front of the telly. If I get any dinner at work, I'm lucky, often don't have time.

And my pots are sugar & tea. I never put my coffee in the coffee one, I always keep it in the jar, it always tastes better, I don't know why.

• Heart
Harri yes! I always call dinner that was evening,mum worked at factory so main meal was evening.when mum got home,bless her,she would come home after work,still had scarf on her head and would put her apron over her coat to prepare dinner..My god she was a wonderful classical English cook,Dad would come home sit at table read his evening newspaper..Always a lovely cooked dinner..

• Heart
@Harrigan aha that I so interesting! I always wondered about it. Has been one of the more confusing things visiting the UK and my friends 😁
I did not quote you but I believe you ❤ Very good to know. And yes never heard tea used for breakfast, only in the afternoon, evening… 🥘🫖

Harri yes! I always call dinner that was evening,mum worked at factory so main meal was evening.when mum got home,bless her,she would come home after work,still had scarf on her head and would put her apron over her coat to prepare dinner..My god she was a wonderful classical English cook,Dad would come home sit at table read his evening newspaper..Always a lovely cooked dinner..
❤your mother coming home and continue with cooking dinner for her family. Ladies working so much 🥘

• Heart
@Harrigan aha that I so interesting! I always wondered about it. Has been one of the more confusing things visiting the UK and my friends 😁
I did not quote you but I believe you ❤ Very good to know. And yes never heard tea used for breakfast, only in the afternoon, evening… 🥘🫖

❤your mother coming home and continue with cooking dinner for her family. Ladies working so much 🥘
Yes my love Home about 5.30pm or later bless her..we always had cooked dinner,weekends Sundays Gullri is a tradional Sunday roast dinner,if we had roast lamb me and sister used to prepare mint sauce..Fresh mint etc with vinegar..Beef we always had mustard.Pork ,fresh apple sauce..

• Heart

Nurse, medication!
(breadbin, biscuit tin…)…..then sugar, tea, coffee

• Heart
  • Haha
Anyone any good at physics? Another thing bugging me. When I fill my bucket with hot water,I add a small cap of floor cleaner etc. When I touch the water again it’s no longer hot. Why is this?

Nurse this medication isn’t working!

• Haha
Okay, well that's that sorted out!

Today I proved that my old Jumpstarter is donald ducked, it hasn't got the power to start
a motorcycle. However it's okay for indoors as a regular powerbank and it's charging my
Kindle right now.

I used my new Halfords jumpstarter on my Big Honda and it started up nicely and only
used one bar on the meter. The battery is dead but I have proved a point about the
jumpstarters. I now have to shell out for a new battery for the big Honda, it's not really
urgent because it's too cold to use her but it would be nice to have her available if and
when I do need her.

On the subject of the arrangements in the Kitchen.....

Coffee cans, Jar for the Teabags, sugar container. The jar for the tea bags is a very very
VERY old jar that once had "instant tea" in it. The Sugar container, well that's 40 years
old, it's a glass jar with a lid that seals.

In our house we reuse various jars, bottles, containers that are decades old, I'm talking
old coffee, marmalade and bisto jars.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It is always breakfast, dinner and tea in my house. Always was in Mums & Granny's too. I know for some folks it's breakfast, lunch and dinner. Teatime for me is usually about 9pm once I get home & get all my jobs done then sit down in front of the telly. If I get any dinner at work, I'm lucky, often don't have time.

And my pots are sugar & tea. I never put my coffee in the coffee one, I always keep it in the jar, it always tastes better, I don't know why.
Same here….I have a coffee pot but it’s empty. Drink tea 99.9% of the time.

Okay, well that's that sorted out!

Today I proved that my old Jumpstarter is donald ducked, it hasn't got the power to start
a motorcycle. However it's okay for indoors as a regular powerbank and it's charging my
Kindle right now.

I used my new Halfords jumpstarter on my Big Honda and it started up nicely and only
used one bar on the meter. The battery is dead but I have proved a point about the
jumpstarters. I now have to shell out for a new battery for the big Honda, it's not really
urgent because it's too cold to use her but it would be nice to have her available if and
when I do need her.

On the subject of the arrangements in the Kitchen.....

Coffee cans, Jar for the Teabags, sugar container. The jar for the tea bags is a very very
VERY old jar that once had "instant tea" in it. The Sugar container, well that's 40 years
old, it's a glass jar with a lid that seals.

In our house we reuse various jars, bottles, containers that are decades old, I'm talking
old coffee, marmalade and bisto jars.
my Nan always made her tea with leaves not bags and had an orange coloured plastic container/dispenser on the wall filled with the tea leaves…you had to push a button and it dispensed the leaves into the teapot.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My Nan always made her tea with leaves not bags and had an orange coloured plastic container/dispenser on the wall filled with the tea leaves…you had to push a button and it dispensed the leaves into the teapot.
Sweet, I am unaware of such a device, would love to see it.

• Heart
For a long while I had stainless steel container for teabags, sugar was just out of the packet and coffee straight from jar. Hub was always saying he wanted matching items so we eventually did but I wasn’t that bothered.

For a long while I had stainless steel container for teabags, sugar was just out of the packet and coffee straight from jar. Hub was always saying he wanted matching items so we eventually did but I wasn’t that bothered.
Here It is much more middleclass to buy tea as dried leaves 🍁. All us working class people use teabags. But also, drinking tea is kind of posh or something here.
If you want to be seen as a snob as everyone is drinking coffe in Sweden😁 just say “No thank you,I don’t drink coffee-I only drink tea”.

the absolute worst thing you can offer is Nescafé instant coffee. But I kind of like it. That is what I grew up with .

• Heart
Reactions: 9
For those of you asking my latest quilt is entitled “brevity of madness into the dungeon of pulchrirude” by Harry P. Rat.

I’m so disappointed nobody has told me their orders of tea coffee etc. These things matter to me!

Dennis OKeefe, I use an iPad but I also have a very old computer I use occasionally. I do have an older I phone but rarely use it. Many thanks

Ok off to do some binding. You could say if I got in a mess I would be getting myself in a bind! Boom!
😂 I've done Bookbinding ,needed a hobby joined a club , very friendly ,They said " make yourself a Tome" 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.