Krusties #2 the sequel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awww morningEms,take it easy today and take something for it! A nice coffee or tea with brandy in it.❤

Harri,I meant it’s Pandoro I love,I may treat myself to small one.
I knew what you meant Dolly. I love both but I have to put the icing sugar on the pandoro makes it taste nicer!

tea with brandy? I think it will go better with coffee. Dolly I have the most gorgeous cake I make chocolate sponge soaked in coffee with mascarpone coffee cream filling, smothered in the stuff and last couple of times I covered in chocolate ganache!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I knew what you meant Dolly. I love both but I have to put the icing sugar on the pandoro makes it taste nicer!

tea with brandy? I think it will go better with coffee. Dolly I have the most gorgeous cake I make chocolate sponge soaked in coffee with mascarpone coffee cream filling, smothered in the stuff and last couple of times I covered in chocolate ganache!
Ooh recipe please. X

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Got bored of doing nothing so decided to do some cleaning, big mistake! Just made me even more exhausted. At least I get to slide into fresh bedding tonight.
Also feel bad for neglecting my charity knitting for the past week.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh dear,honestly if peeps keep moaning on our skanky thread don’t like some comments why don’t they just piss off.We always get the interlopers on the thread when it livens up,lots of em haven’t a bleeping clue..Sorry to be moaney bugger..🙁They don’t read wiki either.

Just ignore me..🤣Moaney old cow I am!anyway whats for dinner today..Ems hope you are feeling better me dear…
I'm still feeling rough. I was going to make sausage casserole but I'm not sure I can be arsed. I don't want to make it, eat it and clean up after it sooooo.....
but I would be letting my troops down🤷‍♀️

Interlopers on the skanky thread eh? Hmmm, maybe I should go and play...🤣

Wtf, someone is actually claiming to be the pope on the kp thread...hang on a minute😳 we all know the pope is my great grandfather, he wouldn't be on tattle...

He's bloody dead for a start🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Yeah I'm ok. I don't feel as dead as I did at the weekend. Pixie is sleeping on the bed upstairs. I bought her a new scratching post so just put that together. Hope you're ok x
Glad to hear your feeling a bit better penguin. I love the name pixie too😘

My daughter still wants a bald cat so she can call it nutsack, and a ginger cat to call wotsit😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Ok here’s my translation of Coffee and Chocolate Gateaux

Make a fat less chocolate sponge ie Swiss roll or chocolate Genoese sponge

For the filling
Ingredients

500g mascarpone cheese
50 ml expresso coffee or strong black coffee, cold
50g icing sugar
180ml double cream or whipping cream

For the sponge syrup
Ingredients

130ml cold water
30ml strong cold black coffee ie expresso
10g castor sugar

Method

Slice the sponge 3 times

Make the syrup. Mix the water, sugar and coffee together

Make the filling. In a large mixing bowl beat the mascarpone with the icing sugar which has been sieved. In another bowl whip the cream until it holds its shape ie soft peaks. Add the cold coffee and mix until well blended. If it turns out too thick and cannot be spread add a touch of cold milk.

Soak each sponge layer with the coffee syrup. Spread a portion of filling onto each layer. Keep repeating but save some mixture to spread on outside of entire cake.

You can leave it like this or cover with a chocolate ganache. For this I make a 1:1 chocolate cream mixture, ie 200g dark chocolate around 50% cocoa solids to 200ml double cream. In a heat proof bowl put the chocolate which has been chopped into small chunks. Heat the double cream gently until it starts to bubble around the top ie just simmering. Do not boil the cream! Pour over chocolate and stir occasionally until nice and smooth. Pour over the cake and leave to set. Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

For the filling
Ingredients

500g mascarpone cheese
50g icing sugar

For the sponge syrup
Ingredients

130ml cold water
10g castor sugar

Method

Slice the sponge 3 times

Make the filling. In a large mixing bowl beat the mascarpone with the icing sugar which has been sieved. In another bowl whip the cream until it holds its shape ie soft peaks. Add the cold coffee and mix until well blended. If it turns out too thick and cannot be spread add a touch of cold milk.

Soak each sponge layer with the coffee syrup. Spread a portion of filling onto each layer. Keep repeating but save some mixture to spread on outside of entire cake.

You can leave it like this or cover with a chocolate ganache. For this I make a 1:1 chocolate cream mixture, ie 200g dark chocolate around 50% cocoa solids to 200ml double cream. In a heat proof bowl put the chocolate which has been chopped into small chunks. Heat the double cream gently until it starts to bubble around the top ie just simmering. Do not boil the cream! Pour over chocolate and stir occasionally until nice and smooth. Pour over the cake and leave to set. Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.
Can I just have this for my tea? It makes me feel better just reading the ingredients😍😂😘

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

For the filling
Ingredients

500g mascarpone cheese
50g icing sugar

For the sponge syrup
Ingredients

130ml cold water
10g castor sugar

Method

Slice the sponge 3 times

Thank you, I will give that a try. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Harri, that cake sounds amazing! Love anything coffee. 👽🤗❤😘 for those not on top form today. I best get my arse in gear a have a nosey at the latest over in Skankyland 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hello all Love from Pom 🥰 xx.

An apple for our unwell tattle friends..get well soon ❤😘 xx.

Resizer_16275581668450.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
These are not the best but definitely the smallest ever stockings I’ve made!
They look so sweet, you sewing is beautiful! It makes me want to get creative again😊

I ended up putting a few frozen pizzas in the oven and making a salad for tea. Even my dogs looked disappointed in me😂 Oh well, it was quick and easy.

I've put a couple of comments on the kp thread to lighten it up. Bloody hell, it all gets a bit tetchy on there at the moment! I'm contemplating posting about my piles but I don't want to get in trouble😉😂

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
They look so sweet, you sewing is beautiful! It makes me want to get creative again😊

I ended up putting a few frozen pizzas in the oven and making a salad for tea. Even my dogs looked disappointed in me😂 Oh well, it was quick and easy.

I've put a couple of comments on the kp thread to lighten it up. Bloody hell, it all gets a bit tetchy on there at the moment! I'm contemplating posting about my piles but I don't want to get in trouble😉😂
Piles of what? 🍇 🍇😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Aw bless you. I love making things and have been like that since I was little. I remember drawing all these dresses over and over again and thinking back they had enormous boobs and shoulders and tiny waist! Good job I didnt go into fashion design!

That sounds like a lovely meal and well balanced, nowt wrong with frozen pizza. Aw poor dogs did they get tit bits?

I have been reading the posts on there again but to be honest I don’t want to get upset or angry. I still think about Peeko and wonder what happened to him.

Ha ha see if anybody notices your piles post!

• Haha
Aw bless you. I love making things and have been like that since I was little. I remember drawing all these dresses over and over again and thinking back they had enormous boobs and shoulders and tiny waist! Good job I didnt go into fashion design!

That sounds like a lovely meal and well balanced, nowt wrong with frozen pizza. Aw poor dogs did they get tit bits?

I have been reading the posts on there again but to be honest I don’t want to get upset or angry. I still think about Peeko and wonder what happened to him.

Ha ha see if anybody notices your piles post!

I hadn't been on the kp thread for a week and felt better for it. I feel the same as you about it. Peeko going missing all of a sudden and now liarliar, it's not quite the same. I'll lurk, if I see a barney happening in front of me I may go in to some brutal details about piles...just to diffuse the situation of course 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.