Krusties #14 Gardening bits, feathered tits & germ warfare kits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahh Rita, your animals, girlie piggys, fields...its all so beautiful 😍
Yes I am blessed to have this right outside my door, to live in rural splendour :) When I go back to UK to see the kids it fair drives me bonkers in suburbia with the chaos, the crowds everywhere, noise and there never being a real night-time like I have here due to the streetlights.
One of my boys recently moved away to Horsham (yes he knows who lives near there and is on the lookout for it LOL) and even there he's now saying that they're actually thinking of finding a place with no neighbours in the middle of nowhere because the neighbour he's inherited is a complete twit. He said if he'd known this they never would have bought the place but of course the sellers are not going to tell you "BTW the neighbour is an asshole!" are they? Its too much of a vested interest for them of course. For me, I could never go back to suburban life now, actually I doubt I could even live in UK anymore either as every aspect I see on the telly or online etc just makes me either cross or despair for my children over there :( I have become a frog haha!
I shouldn't be surprised at becoming a Froggy really because wading back through my heritage on Ancestry theres at least twenty knights who went Over There with Bill the Conq and actually William himself is a GGF of mine, yet the most bizarre thing was discovering one family line were Lords presiding over the tiny hamlet where our first house was where you could see the remains of their castle from our doorstep - we'd bought it and I never even knew :) Maybe that explains why I felt at home here from the first time we came on holiday here with all the kids? (re-invading as it were LOL) πŸ‡«πŸ‡·
Horny Mike is the goat - he has to be tethered because he'd do a bunk (hence how he was found lost in a forest, rescued and brought to me), but he is moved every other day and has his daytime house for shelter plus his shed;
The pigs are Poppy, Fern, Maman and Lucy - all rescues too
Barnaby is my dear old donk
Thene theres the ratbag geese - William and (C)Raptor.

there you go :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thats me too! I feel sorry for the poor bedraggled things then fetch 'em home. Husband said I'm weird buying the half-dead plants when I could just pay a bit more for healthy stuff but that is not the point is it? :)
Ok some pix for you My lovely mown field for which I did dress like skanky because its de rigeur dontcha know ;)
Its mosly the pigs (my girls) but theres an assortment
Here we go then
Awww .Rita they are gorgeous,look at those lovely piggiewiggies,lovely goat and Donkey bless them,aww what is goosie laying in? Tub of water? ☺Gorgeous.

Afternoon all!
Hope everyone is having a good day ❀
Welcome @Bensler ❀
@Dollylovesshoes I worked at b&q when I was doing my degree and pregnant and the garden staff would leave a lot of the plants to wilt etc so they'd get them heavily discounted and would load up the flat bed trolleys with them when they'd been discounted and use the staff discount of 20% on top so the plants were so cheap!

@Rita Chevrolet omg! I am in love with your pigs, donkey and goat 😍 what are their names?
I love visiting farms. My kids are a bit too old to enjoy them now but they get dragged along to keep their mum happy lol

Having a rubbish day pain wise today. I’m unable to move without something hurting, so I'm going to snuggle and Netflix with Little Willy today. Got to keep on top of the pain meds which I haven't really been doing (naughty Ethel- I'm in trouble with Mr Ethel for this 😬) have a fabulous day you beautiful lot ❀ 🐾❀🐾
Oh dear Ethel,you snuggle with Willy and take it easy,take care now lovely lady.❀

So pissed off and upset😒I follow a Facebook group which is about Wetlands ,it’s a beautiful place lots of visiting birds one bird was seen by a birdie guy and the bird had come from South Africa also see the very private Kingfisher,some of photos are gorgeous,just seen a post where well known swans her eggs smashed by kids.😒why the duck would you do this? That poor mummy swan.😒

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Awww .Rita they are gorgeous,look at those lovely piggiewiggies,lovely goat and Donkey bless them,aww what is goosie laying in? Tub of water? ☺Gorgeous.

Oh dear Ethel,you snuggle with Willy and take it easy,take care now lovely lady.❀

So pissed off and upset😒I follow a Facebook group which is about Wetlands ,it’s a beautiful place lots of visiting birds one bird was seen by a birdie guy and the bird had come from South Africa also see the very private Kingfisher,some of photos are gorgeous,just seen a post where well known swans her eggs smashed by kids.😒why the duck would you do this? That poor mummy swan.😒
Oh that's awful Dolly 😒 Why would anyone do that?! I hope those kids are caught and there's consequences!
That's just so sad πŸ˜” xxx

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Oh that's awful Dolly 😒 Why would anyone do that?! I hope those kids are caught and there's consequences!
That's just so sad πŸ˜” xxx
I know,poor swan,we know how they protect their young etc,you never get near a swan when they have babies,be it eggs or cygnets,mummy and daddy probably was just abit away getting food.πŸ™

• Sad
My ole Home Town has a page on FB on which yesterday they said that a lovely swan who had been visiting the same pond for years was found dead on his nest with the female frantically trying to get him off so she could take over the eggs. A kind man waded out and picked the old fella up - he was seriously entwined in FISHING LINE then being caught up he'd been easy prey for a dog or fox who shredded him, after which he'd somehow got himself back to the nest where he'd died.

Thats fishermen for you,
slinging their discards about without giving a damn in this pond where you are NOT ALLOWED to fish at all, in fact there are precisely 15 fish in the water and they're all named because they're seen so regularly! But some asshole thought it was OK to ignore the Law and fish it anyway throwing their trash on the bank because they don't give a tit :( Poor swan. Mum swan is back on the eggs so now they wait and see if they are still viable so fingers crossed for her.
My God if I saw anybody fishing the pond I'd give 'em what for :(

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
My ole Home Town has a page on FB on which yesterday they said that a lovely swan who had been visiting the same pond for years was found dead on his nest with the female frantically trying to get him off so she could take over the eggs. A kind man waded out and picked the old fella up - he was seriously entwined in FISHING LINE then being caught up he'd been easy prey for a dog or fox who shredded him, after which he'd somehow got himself back to the nest where he'd died.

Thats fishermen for you,
slinging their discards about without giving a damn in this pond where you are NOT ALLOWED to fish at all, in fact there are precisely 15 fish in the water and they're all named because they're seen so regularly! But some asshole thought it was OK to ignore the Law and fish it anyway throwing their trash on the bank because they don't give a tit :( Poor swan. Mum swan is back on the eggs so now they wait and see if they are still viable so fingers crossed for her.
My God if I saw anybody fishing the pond I'd give 'em what for :(
Oh these stories are so sad. I can't understand selfish people who don't take care of our animals and their nature.

Your posts about the swans has reminded me of one of the dog walks I took recently, local to me. We have a man made lake which was built about 20 years ago when this housing development was started. The lake is doing fantastic now. It has fish, people are fishing there. Ducks and their ducklings, swans etc. Though recently I was absolutely convinced that I saw a black swan? It was later in the evening but not totally dark. Huge bird, black...my husband said it wasπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I thought they were rare in the uk! Don't know why it would choose a man made lake on an estate in wales for?🀣 I might go back this evening to have another look, maybe I'll get a pictureπŸ˜‰

• Heart
Oh these stories are so sad. I can't understand selfish people who don't take care of our animals and their nature.

Your posts about the swans has reminded me of one of the dog walks I took recently, local to me. We have a man made lake which was built about 20 years ago when this housing development was started. The lake is doing fantastic now. It has fish, people are fishing there. Ducks and their ducklings, swans etc. Though recently I was absolutely convinced that I saw a black swan? It was later in the evening but not totally dark. Huge bird, black...my husband said it wasπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I thought they were rare in the uk! Don't know why it would choose a man made lake on an estate in wales for?🀣 I might go back this evening to have another look, maybe I'll get a pictureπŸ˜‰
Ems we have local huge ponds here near me,we locals call it the hollers..it’s massive and we have a black swan he has been named as Bruce,I call him Brucie,haven’t seen him myself but so many people have,yes they are rare here..

• Heart
Ems we have local huge ponds here near me,we locals call it the hollers..it’s massive and we have a black swan he has been named as Bruce,I call him Brucie,haven’t seen him myself but so many people have,yes they are rare here..

That's lovely. I like the name BrucieπŸ˜‚
I'm positive it was a black swan though. I'll have to get evidence now!

I can see me going tonight and finding a black labrador jumping around in the lakeπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€£ only joking. This was swimming rather gracefully!

• Heart
Yay! Finally (only just) caught up with the wall basher yesterday. Spotted the car and she was in it just about to drive off so stood in front of it and beckoned her out. She’s a Nigerian woman and having been there a couple of times for work I know how they can go on and on and on πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€£. So I’m trying to explain to her that it had been reported to the police and they’d rung me in the morning to confirm they would pursue it … and that I hadn’t yet reported it to her workplace in the hope of sorting it out between us….she’s going on and on (to hubby) that she knew she’d hit something and had got out and looked but didn’t think she’d knocked that over but maybe something else (thin air ?? coz that was the only other thing around 🀣)…finally I managed to shut her up and explain the situation to her. She’s agreed to pay for replacement and I ended up with a major headache from her nonstop yapping 😬🀣

• Haha
  • Heart
Evening folks. Hope you are all well. Just popping in to say hello, been a bit busy with a few things is all. 😘 Xx

Rita, bloody infuriates me fishermen leaving tackle about. We make double sure we take every bit of ours with us, disgraceful. Proper fisherpeople know better than to leave it discarded. Xx

Connie, am so pleased you've caught up with the perpetrator of your wall demolishment and sorted it without ballistics 🀣 xx

Welcome to Bensler too ❀ friendly bunch here, can talk about anything without fear of being moaned at. Xx

Special hug for Mr Notty as always β€β€πŸ€— XXX

Facehugs for all as always too, be back in a bit, lots of love my friends πŸ‘½πŸ€—β€πŸ˜˜ xxx

• Heart
Errr @Dollylovesshoes.... You mention the Factory....

That’s Hackney Captain nowhere near me not next to me.Although about twice they wanted to build houses etc next to me demolish factory,planning was refused,the school down the road has extended playground etc at the very back of factory but doesn’t interfere with us as such.Factory next to me was built in 1908,front of the building has a protection order.

Re the Swans nest,looking at more pics that were posted it seems bricks thrown at the nest,currently under investigation by the Wildlife police protection officers.Posible couple of sightings.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
  • Sad

They are Australian birds - I saw them living wild on the Swan River in Perth. They are bred in captivity (a bloke we knew here had a couple) so perhaps this one escaped or was released by someone?

Friends here also got a couple of Pea Fowl for their chateau so when they have babies once they're settled enough I think I'm putting my name down for one or two :) OH said NO because they are very LOUD, shreiking "F****** Hell" at the top of their voices at all hours, they like to jump all over cars with their claws out plus they have a habit of roosting high up in trees so you cannot bring them in at night like chickens to keep them safe - but even so...............................I'm tempted :) They are very good guards as well for when they see anybody they start shreiking "F****** Hell" but perhaps not as good as geese who are absolute tyrants like mine are, who attack policemen etc :) (Yes Dolly thats their bathing tub btw. We had a pond at our old place but these dappy sods never used it, preferring this tub instead)

Today though I am decorating. Yesterday I stripped the upper hallway leading to two bedrooms because that dingey, horrid hairy wallpaper was pissing me off severely in an area with no windows so off it came, I filled what needed to be done then today I shall sand it then paint it white, but of course in doing that I will now have to carry on with the rest of the hallway up there leaving the last bit for OH to do over the stairwell. I suppose now I'm in painting mode I'll carry on with the upstairs bathroom, the study downstairs, the shower room and maybe repaint the downstairs hallway - its a Forth Bridge project really :)
I'd better go make a start so TTFN xxx

• Heart
Morning all😊

Well what a grotty day! It's absolutely pissing down, the dogs do not want to go for walkies and are on strikeπŸ˜‚ Looks like we're cuddling up for the next few hours! I have builders here so no water either and it noisy.
It's going to be a long day stuck in the lounge with the dogs😴

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.