Killing Eve Season 3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awful episode. Not the character enriching celebration of writing they probably thought it was. I learnt nothing more about villanelle...“I want to feel like a child” we get it. Contrived and boring.

Reactions: 5
Just looked, this Episode was written by this seasons lead Suzanne Heathcote - she wrote episode one also which I thought was boring.

Im hoping next season will improve, the writer from Episode 3, my fave ep this season - will be the lead writer and has worked on some great shows such as, My Mad Fat Diary, Sex Education, Secret Diary of a Call Girl.

The only known thing Suzanne has done is the walking dead spin off.

I just think they need to tie everything in from season 1 onwards, this one has had no plot at all. I’m all for character growth but have some pace as well!

Reactions: 3
Watched episode 5 last night.
Completely agree with everyone about it being a filler episode. Kind of liked the bits with her mum being presented as a dark force as well, but it didn’t really add much in terms of Villanelle’s character.
Yep and the ‘let’s all sing along to Elton’ scene - just too contrived and felt like a bad Richard Curtis film!
Still really rate Jodie Comer - her acting is top notch - her facial expressions are 👌🏼 The guy they cast as her brother was a good match in that he looked so much like Jodie Comer!
Has anyone else read the books? I have - they’re a different tone to the series - obviously PWBridge set the tone in series 1 of it being a dark comedy. I really like how the second book concludes Eve’s and Villanelle’s culminating story and hope that if they go ahead with a 4th series, they’ll be faithful to the ending of the books and leave it there.
Jodie Comer has made a couple of films - I suspect she’ll still be in demand for a few years.
But yep, so far series 3 has been boring, directionless and with no central narrative or tension! Hope the last 3 episodes improve...

Watched episode 5 last night.
Completely agree with everyone about it being a filler episode. Kind of liked the bits with her mum being presented as a dark force as well, but it didn’t really add much in terms of Villanelle’s character.
Yep and the ‘let’s all sing along to Elton’ scene - just too contrived and felt like a bad Richard Curtis film!
Still really rate Jodie Comer - her acting is top notch - her facial expressions are 👌🏼 The guy they cast as her brother was a good match in that he looked so much like Jodie Comer!
Has anyone else read the books? I have - they’re a different tone to the series - obviously PWBridge set the tone in series 1 of it being a dark comedy. I really like how the second book concludes Eve’s and Villanelle’s culminating story and hope that if they go ahead with a 4th series, they’ll be faithful to the ending of the books and leave it there.
Jodie Comer has made a couple of films - I suspect she’ll still be in demand for a few years.
But yep, so far series 3 has been boring, directionless and with no central narrative or tension! Hope the last 3 episodes improve...
I’ve not read them, what happened to them?

Reactions: 1
Last episode was bleeping awful. I would’ve preferred Villanelle’s family remaining a mystery. Pure pointless filler and not even entertaining filler at that. I considered turning it off for the first time ever

I don’t think the series can be saved now it’s become plotless drivel which is such a shame as the first series was amazing (the second good but started the decline imo)

The problem is the writers dont know where to go with it because the first series was mostly about them chasing each other and their sexual chemistry but by the second series the whole will they wont they gets a bit boring and its clear nothing is going to happen between them so its like what then?

Reactions: 4
The problem is the writers dont know where to go with it because the first series was mostly about them chasing each other and their sexual chemistry but by the second series the whole will they wont they gets a bit boring and its clear nothing is going to happen between them so its like what then?
I think the second series could have been done better, the storyline with the other female assassin and Villanelle’s jealousy was promising but executed badly. This series has nothing interesting driving it (at all imo though especially regarding Eve/Villanelle’s relationship). Yeah I’m failing to see the point too 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last episode was bleeping awful. I would’ve preferred Villanelle’s family remaining a mystery. Pure pointless filler and not even entertaining filler at that. I considered turning it off for the first time ever

I don’t think the series can be saved now it’s become plotless drivel which is such a shame as the first series was amazing (the second good but started the decline imo)
I agree.
Spoiler coming up if you’ve nit yet watched it...

Also for the first time ever (I think) Villanelle showed some empathy by ensuring her brother and half brother were not in the house when she burnt it down.

I agree.
Spoiler coming up if you’ve nit yet watched it...

Also for the first time ever (I think) Villanelle showed some empathy by ensuring her brother and half brother were not in the house when she burnt it down.
True - she also showed empathy for the boy in the hospital at the beginning of series 2 (sort of 😂)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
came here to rant about how UNREALISTIC AF episode 5 is!! I'm from Ukraine, so I have pretty decent insight on Russia.
The main problem is there is no way people from the village in the middle of nowhere in Russia can speak English that well. Even Nadezda, who's probably been making pierogi her whole life easily speaks english and knows words like "terrified", yeah sure

the part where boys were looking up a pierogi recipe, an old cooking book had english measuring system, again not realistic

i will believe their linguistic talent only if it turns out later that all that family were assassins too or something like that. According to statistics only 11% of russians know english on some level, andI feel like most of those people live in moscow and st pitersburg. If the family lived in a bigger city, it'be more believable. Or at least make youngest children able to speak english and translate everything to the rest of the family

Reactions: 8
Love this show it’s made me realise I’m a lesbian ... 😂

I’m actually not joking

• Haha
  • Heart
came here to rant about how UNREALISTIC AF episode 5 is!! I'm from Ukraine, so I have pretty decent insight on Russia.
The main problem is there is no way people from the village in the middle of nowhere in Russia can speak English that well. Even Nadezda, who's probably been making pierogi her whole life easily speaks english and knows words like "terrified", yeah sure

the part where boys were looking up a pierogi recipe, an old cooking book had english measuring system, again not realistic

i will believe their linguistic talent only if it turns out later that all that family were assassins too or something like that. According to statistics only 11% of russians know english on some level, andI feel like most of those people live in moscow and st pitersburg. If the family lived in a bigger city, it'be more believable. Or at least make youngest children able to speak english and translate everything to the rest of the family
The magic of TV unfortunately - plenty of shows do it to make it more accessible for its general audience it’s like scenes between Villanelle, Dasha and Konstantin would realistically be in Russian as it’s their native tongue same with his daughter.

Same with shows like Chernobyl and Medici - they’re all English speaking when they shouldn’t be.

Us English folk expect things to be in English, too many subtitles are a turn off to a lot of us hahahahahahaha!!!

Reactions: 1
I just attempted epi 5 and turned it off after 25 mins I was so bored. What was the point of it? Why do we care about these people? Why are they all speaking English when they’re supposed to be Russian? What bearing does Elton John have on the story? I’m baffled! Baffled and bored!

watched the first five minutes of this week’s ep and Niko is still alive?! I’m so disappointed I can’t even watch the rest of the episode! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
They could of edited this and the last episode together - way too much filler. The finale better be good or I‘lol be mad. I’ve invested too much time to give up now!

agree!
This episode was all over the place, and with new questions / avenue thrown up but I am past caring ...! Thought the ending scenes were ok - everything else .. meh.
Plus, the title cards were really annoying!

watched the first five minutes of this week’s ep and Niko is still alive?! I’m so disappointed I can’t even watch the rest of the episode! 😂
fucks sake could this show get anymore unrealistic???? I was 100 million % sure that was the end of that

PISS OFF FOREVER sums up my feelings toward this show now 😂

• Haha
  • Heart