Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hrh89

VIP Member
Yay! Glad this is back. For some reason Eve really annoys me. Anyone else or is it just me? 😂
I agree. I really don’t rate Sandra Oh as an actor! I feel like Eve could have been played better by many other different actors. She’s the one thing that lets it down for me.

• Angry
Reactions: 11

hrh89

VIP Member
If you guys are looking for something else good to watch that Jodie was in see Thirteen on iPlayer it’s so good.

Reactions: 10

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I agree. I really don’t rate Sandra Oh as an actor! I feel like Eve could have been played better by many other different actors. She’s the one thing that lets it down for me.
I’ve never seen her in anything else but she just annoys me in this. She comes across so spineless and like a lovestruck teenager over Villanelle, despite having a lovely husband and knowing that Villanelle is a total psychopath.

Reactions: 9

DoseofReality

VIP Member
Yep it is! I forgot about it so that shows how little impact it had on me this time. Will watch later
Can't believe it's the last one, when sod all has actually happened this series. I've actually forgotten what it's all meant to be about. Only carried on watching for Jodie Comer.

Reactions: 9

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
I have given up on this show. I was entertained initially, but find this latest series dreadful.
I persevered, but last week was my final episode.
All of the characters are irritating. I even find the music annoying now. I find Eve to be the worst character - she is portrayed as being quite naive, almost thick.
Hardly spy material 😳

Reactions: 8

anthracite

came here to rant about how UNREALISTIC AF episode 5 is!! I'm from Ukraine, so I have pretty decent insight on Russia.
The main problem is there is no way people from the village in the middle of nowhere in Russia can speak English that well. Even Nadezda, who's probably been making pierogi her whole life easily speaks english and knows words like "terrified", yeah sure

the part where boys were looking up a pierogi recipe, an old cooking book had english measuring system, again not realistic

i will believe their linguistic talent only if it turns out later that all that family were assassins too or something like that. According to statistics only 11% of russians know english on some level, andI feel like most of those people live in moscow and st pitersburg. If the family lived in a bigger city, it'be more believable. Or at least make youngest children able to speak english and translate everything to the rest of the family

Reactions: 8

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I really didn’t rate series 2, I thought the writers got carried away, it seemed rushed and what was supposed to drive the plot turned out to be nothing

Gave the first episode of series 3 a chance today and it was promising! No spoilers but oh my god that cliffhanger 😦 I loved the first series so I hope this one is a bit more like that

Reactions: 7

bellinibobble

VIP Member
What a load of shit. That scene at the end with Eve and Villanelle was soooooo cheesy and cliched. I can’t believe this is how the show ended up being, such a disappointment after the first series was so good.

• Heart

Luce0331

VIP Member
watched the first five minutes of this week’s ep and Niko is still alive?! I’m so disappointed I can’t even watch the rest of the episode! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Yeah there seemed to be little point to her marriage and no mention of the wife again (so far).
It’s a shame - I LOVED the first season - Take me to the hooooollllle!!
So many amazing lines and scenes, it was perfect. Silly but perfect. Love the episode where she breaks into Eve’s flat and they have dinner.
The second series was silly but also a bit too unbelievable and lost all of the tension from the first.
And this season so far .. a handful of good scenes, but also underwhelming. The deaths that have happened are a bit ‘meh’ - whereas if they had happened in the first season, they would have mattered more? Like Bill was a massive moment.
I’ll keep watching it as Jodie Comer is still so watchable - but nothing’s matched the amazingness of the first season for me.

Reactions: 6