Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Help please lovilies! I’m starting next week so getting my tit together (kind of!). I cook for my non-keto family every day so I really don’t want to be ‘cooking’ for myself too if I can help it, and I think I’m more likely to stick to it if I have quick and easy grab kind of meals. I’m the kind of person that if I like something I’m genuinely quite happy to eat it every day. So much rough plan is as follows:

Breakfast
Eggs, bacon, sausage (all three, or just one, depending on how I feel)
Full fat Greek yoghurt with berries (easy on the berries as I understand it?)

Lunches
Halloumi and chorizo salad
Deli mets, mozzarella, olives
Avocado and egg salad
Any combination of cheese and meat, with some cherry tomatoes and cucumber

Dinners
Meat (chicken thighs, pork/lamb chops, salmon) and veg (spinach, broccoli, green beans, brussels, mushrooms)- I’ll throw some cheese and Mayo on it where I can so it’s not too dry.

Desserts
Huge pot of double cream and lots of raspberries/strawberries

Snacks
Have bought some cheesies off Amazon
Pepperami
Babybels

Drinks

Tea with a dash of skimmed milk
Asda flavoured sparkling water (actually does that have carbs 🤷‍♀️)

Questions

1. I LOVE condiments and I understand that full fat Real mayonnaise is fine, but struggling to understand what else I can have. Our local butcher sells those skinny sauces so might try them, although feedback isn’t always great. Can anyone recommend a decent BBQ sauce or a dressing for salads (blue cheese?)

2. I‘m looking to avoid apps, weighing stuff, having to ‘track’ as I have a busy enough life as it is (work, kids etc.) and that really puts me off tbh. I get the impression that I DO really need to track carbs though? What do you think?

3. Talk to me about electrolytes and ketosis sticks!

4. Sweet stuff. I have such a sweet tooth but hoping that will fade as I get into it. I daren’t buy dark chocolate as I’ll eat it! I’m a terrible snacker, but if I can graze of babybels and meats that sounds bloody ideal, but then the logical part of my brain is like ‘ Yeah but you can’t just eat a tit load of babybels and pepperami and lose weight?’- which I suppose is where the tracking comes in- so I guess my question is how much does portion control matter with this?!

Oh and I’ve got some avocado oil and butter to cook with......

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Honestly thinking of starting keto again cause all this talk of halloumi and chorizo salad sounds yum 🤤

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I must say that when I do Keto I lose weight really well, and I struggle BIG time losing weight, but I can’t seem to maintain it for more than about 2 weeks. I mostly miss filling up on vegetables. Reading this thread has wetted my appetite to try again 🐠 🥩

Just a thought, please don’t shout 😆 but I wonder if you ate anything you wanted but kept to under 20g carbs, would that still work ?

I must say that when I do Keto I lose weight really well, and I struggle BIG time losing weight, but I can’t seem to maintain it for more than about 2 weeks. I mostly miss filling up on vegetables. Reading this thread has wetted my appetite to try again 🐠 🥩

Just a thought, please don’t shout 😆 but I wonder if you ate anything you wanted but kept to under 20g carbs, would that still work ?
Technically yes I have done 🤷🏻‍♀️ But then you wouldn’t be getting the full benefit! If it fits your macros is a following in its own right lol

Honestly thinking of starting keto again cause all this talk of halloumi and chorizo salad sounds yum 🤤
Honestly it’s bloody great, go for it 😂

Help please lovilies! I’m starting next week so getting my tit together (kind of!). I cook for my non-keto family every day so I really don’t want to be ‘cooking’ for myself too if I can help it, and I think I’m more likely to stick to it if I have quick and easy grab kind of meals. I’m the kind of person that if I like something I’m genuinely quite happy to eat it every day. So much rough plan is as follows:

Breakfast
Eggs, bacon, sausage (all three, or just one, depending on how I feel)
Full fat Greek yoghurt with berries (easy on the berries as I understand it?)

Lunches
Halloumi and chorizo salad
Deli mets, mozzarella, olives
Avocado and egg salad
Any combination of cheese and meat, with some cherry tomatoes and cucumber

Dinners
Meat (chicken thighs, pork/lamb chops, salmon) and veg (spinach, broccoli, green beans, brussels, mushrooms)- I’ll throw some cheese and Mayo on it where I can so it’s not too dry.

Desserts
Huge pot of double cream and lots of raspberries/strawberries

Snacks
Have bought some cheesies off Amazon
Pepperami
Babybels

Drinks

Tea with a dash of skimmed milk
Asda flavoured sparkling water (actually does that have carbs 🤷‍♀️)

Questions

1. I LOVE condiments and I understand that full fat Real mayonnaise is fine, but struggling to understand what else I can have. Our local butcher sells those skinny sauces so might try them, although feedback isn’t always great. Can anyone recommend a decent BBQ sauce or a dressing for salads (blue cheese?)

2. I‘m looking to avoid apps, weighing stuff, having to ‘track’ as I have a busy enough life as it is (work, kids etc.) and that really puts me off tbh. I get the impression that I DO really need to track carbs though? What do you think?

3. Talk to me about electrolytes and ketosis sticks!

4. Sweet stuff. I have such a sweet tooth but hoping that will fade as I get into it. I daren’t buy dark chocolate as I’ll eat it! I’m a terrible snacker, but if I can graze of babybels and meats that sounds bloody ideal, but then the logical part of my brain is like ‘ Yeah but you can’t just eat a tit load of babybels and pepperami and lose weight?’- which I suppose is where the tracking comes in- so I guess my question is how much does portion control matter with this?!

Oh and I’ve got some avocado oil and butter to cook with......
Look for low sugar condiments, the low sugar Heinz tomato sauce is good, I like the bbq low sugar one too with ranch sauce for my salads!

I’ve totally gone off tracking tbh just because it’s tedious for me but I know the rough amounts of what I’m eating so you might want to start off. Tbh you can’t go far wrong with meat fat and veg

I don’t know much about electrolytes and Keto sticks as I haven’t really bothered. The book I’ve got said if you season your food well and you stay under 20g you shouldn’t need to worry about it

I’ve had a square of dark chocolate a day but it’ll cost ya lol, tbh might just stop buying it. Sweet things are a binge trigger for me so I’m better off avoiding anyway

Reactions: 3
Apologies for multiple posts but I’ve made celeriac dauphinois for dinners this evening and it’s bleeping amazing - 5G carbs per serving! Let me know if you want the recipe

With rib eye and homemade chimmichuri
Yes please xxx

Following this. Had great result last time and lost nearly two stone. Started again today and did really well until I ate 90% of a tube of Pringles 🤯🤯 tomorrow is a new day

I eat mostly low carb. I have done strict keto on and off but now I eat 3 meals a day based around meat, cheese, eggs and some vegetables (I hate them). I have 3/4 spoon sugar in my coffee in the morning (2 x coffees) and it doesnt affect me at all.

I seemed to still be in ketosis at 50g carbs and you can get a lot of vegetables for that. For me it's less about staying in ketosis (I personally feel like being 'in keto' is a bit hyped up) and more about basing my diet around foods that are good for me, don't cause cravings, and keep me full. I don't count my carbs at all any more.

Reactions: 3
Anyone here still on keto, i started the Fast 800 diet on New Years Day and im being strict but the weight is yet to move, any ideas?
Thanks

Anyone here still on keto, i started the Fast 800 diet on New Years Day and im being strict but the weight is yet to move, any ideas?
Thanks
I tried that and got nowhere. I found it so restrictive that I began to crave all the bad things and had a massive binge.
Just for context I have previously been very successful on lchf and have never experienced the crave rage I did on Fast 800.
Maybe it's just not right for you?

Fast 800 seems to me just a restricted cal version of keto, im not having cravings at all, just the scales aren't moving very much, i think i need to give it another week or two.
Its hard tonight, family over and the wine is flowing, not me though:coffee:

Hi all, been reading these threads with interest and you all seem so knowledgeable I’d like to ask advice if I may.

I am post menopausal with among other health issues a very underactive thyroid and find it virtually impossible to lose weight no matter what I do. I am sick of looking like the side of a house, also have a holiday booked for Easter and the idea of a swimming costume (my bikini days are longggg gone) is filling me with dread.

I am really interested in trying keto as this is one thing I’ve not tried before, however the main thing that is stopping me is that I am allergic to cheese. All types of cheese - quark, marscapone, soft cheeses, even food which has touched cheese sets me off. Cheese seems to be a major part of the keto eating plan and so I am wondering if I could realistically do this and what would I eat?

Hi all, been reading these threads with interest and you all seem so knowledgeable I’d like to ask advice if I may.

I am post menopausal with among other health issues a very underactive thyroid and find it virtually impossible to lose weight no matter what I do. I am sick of looking like the side of a house, also have a holiday booked for Easter and the idea of a swimming costume (my bikini days are longggg gone) is filling me with dread.

I am really interested in trying keto as this is one thing I’ve not tried before, however the main thing that is stopping me is that I am allergic to cheese. All types of cheese - quark, marscapone, soft cheeses, even food which has touched cheese sets me off. Cheese seems to be a major part of the keto eating plan and so I am wondering if I could realistically do this and what would I eat?
Still lots! Cheese is a small part of Keto, I assume you could still have butter or cream and with all the meats, veg/salad you wouldnt good hungry

Just wondered if anyone is still doing keto here? 💜

I've just been reading all of your posts from the thread, just thought I'd post an input ..

Bit of a backstory - I've had bowel issues/operations & some years ago a doctor told me I should really only eat meat & veg (but of course I didn't listen). Recently I was getting lots of tummy aches from carbs etc. & due to another surgery I was petrified of having accidents etc.

I moved to Dubai 2.5yrs ago & there's a legit thing called the 'Dubai stone', everyone comes here & puts on at least a stone. I've felt so heavy for the longest time & honestly embarrassed.
I've always given up after the first day or hour but something in me got fed up a few weeks ago, I just felt kind of 'ready'. I fasted on Sunday 26th as much as possible & then started ...
Now I am not saying this is healthy at all but ...
I have a skinny latte in the morning (it's just non-negotiable okay :ROFLMAO: ), I really dislike milk alternatives & black coffee, it's my only vice.
Then I would fast throughout the day (drinking around 2L water). and have a cheese burger bowl (from a take-out place) with extra patty, lettuce, pickles, onions, mushrooms. Don't judge me - I live alone, work long hours & groceries are ridiculously expensive here :LOL:.
I take multivitamins but other than those I've had no other supplements or sugar alternatives etc.
I have slipped up and had some gum (I realised after I should've got sugar free gum) and I do have a diet soda with my dinner.

I did get keto flu and had the odd corn cake (like rice cake) but I feel like I'm out of the woods now. It's coming up to 2weeks now and I've lost about a stone.
I will change my eating habits to more 'clean keto' to be a little more healthier but I feel this has helped nip the cravings in the bud & get into ketosis quick time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Not sure if this is still an active thread? I’m doing my second time at keto and doing ok, I did it back in 2019 lost 80lb in a year then lockdowns came and I lost all motivation and gained it back over 2 years ... been back on track since Jan this year and am at 53lb loss so far. It’s definitely slower progress this time round but I am post menopause now, have others found it slower progress after menopause?

I am also giving keto a second shot and am peri-menopause. I only just started today so can't really compare stats as yet 😂

I've been really struggling with my weight since my menopause symptoms increased, the biggest being picking up injuries from exercise quite quickly and extreme fatigue. I find if I'm not active, I gain weight really easily and that's what has inevitably happened over the last 10 months.

I'm doing keto because of its health benefits. I think it fits in best for peri-menopause (menopause and post-menopause) due to the increase of good fats, encouragement to eat nuts etc...
Also I have been getting horrendous bloating from carbs 😳

Btw, I have been checked out by my GP as I know some of my symptoms could be other things. Luckily they aren't, just my eggs drying up 😂

I’m finding post menopause my weight loss is not consistent, I have 2 or 3 weeks that I plateau then lose 2 -3 week then plateau again I’m getting used to it but it can feel very demoralizing at the times to keep going.
This getting older thing sucks!! 🤪